Call of Duty: Black Ops 3?

Is anyone a bit disappointed? 
I am a bit disappointed that it isn't a re-make or new World At War, but that's just me.
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DFRDkhC.gif[/img]
Credit: Nyander
I still don't understand why people get call of duty still. They used to be decent now they're just the same game but with hundreds of pounds of DLC. Just to get a shitty map and some Ray gun. I'll stick to CSGO.
The following 1 user Likes Suarez's post:
  • Tawee
The first black ops was the shit, but black ops 2 was fucking awful. Hopefully it brings back the old Zombies and not fucking futuristic zombies like Black Ops 2 and advanced warfare.
(04-09-2015, 05:33 PM)Suarez Wrote: I still don't understand why people get call of duty still. They used to be decent now they're just the same game but with hundreds of pounds of DLC. Just to get a shitty map and some Ray gun. I'll stick to CSGO.

Yeah, I agree with you.  CS:Go will always be my main FPS but I to like to have a little breaks with a different FPS sometimes.
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DFRDkhC.gif[/img]
Credit: Nyander
Press F to pay respects to a dead franchise
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
"What inspired you to make a second Call of Duty game that's exactly the same as the original?"
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
The following 1 user Likes Ms. Mudpie's post:
  • Brynn
You're all hating simply because it's call of duty. Both Black Ops 1 & 2 were amazing, and last years Advanced Warfare saved the series, I have no doubt that CoD is heading in the right direction once again with Black Ops 3.
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • DougisBest
There shouldn't be a direction in the first place, it's a franchise well past the point it should have ended imo.
It's like if they suddenly announced they were going to be making 20 more harry potter movies, franchises can
be fun for awhile, but there is a certain time they must end, just like all other things.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
The following 1 user Likes dig's post:
  • Suarez
(04-09-2015, 05:49 PM)Jan Wrote: You're all hating simply because it's call of duty. Both Black Ops 1 & 2 were amazing, and last years Advanced Warfare saved the series, I have no doubt that CoD is heading in the right direction once again with Black Ops 3.

I hate Call of Duty not because it's Call of Duty, but because of what Call of Duty represents. 

It's the clearest example of creativity being stamped out and shat on in favour of earning as much money as possible. Sure, each game has pretentions to trying something new (Ghosts had the guard dogs, Advanced Warfare was set in the future) but in terms of actual gameplay, they're all exactly the same: walk into a ruined building, shoot brown people, wank off our massive white American cocks, rinse, lather, repeat until you get to the end of the game upon which you kill the big boss in an overly-dramatic way.

I get that it's a working formula, but while it's one thing to build on that formula to explore new ideas (e.g. Bioshock and Bioshock: Infinite) it's another to just re-hash that same formula for ten years while telling people that no, really, this game is entirely different, in this one you get to shoot Russians instead of brown people and also Kevin Spacey's in it at one point. 

Call of Duty had a good run for its first few games (the first Modern Warfare was fantastic) but now it makes its money solely from the brand name and marketing, as opposed to actually being a decent fucking game. 

This ended up being a longer rant than I intended, so tl;dr: Call of Duty sucks because each new game is a low-effort makeover of the previous one, but it still makes the kind of money that could put an end to all the poverty and hunger in the world. 

EDIT: super tl;dr: Call of Duty represents everything that's wrong with the video game industry.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
Meh Call of Duty lost its swag after World at War IMO.
The following 1 user Likes Preditor's post:
  • Suarez