Headset
Right so i'm in need of a new headset, and I'm thinking of this one. Please either suggest one or tell me your views.

byem80s
Astro A50
http://www.astrogaming.com/a50-wireless-...black_lime

For something cheaper get this, I use this one and No regrets! Great mic and sound quality!

http://www.astrogaming.com/a40-headset--...te#start=1
Kind Regards
Lucifer, your private demon.
Cos i'm a poor peasant I don't want to spend over £75
If you're going for a pair of headsets I suggest you get steelseries siberia v2 since it has decent sound quality and I've heard they're quite comfortable, but not for people with large heads since the speakers put too much pressure on ears. However the mic isn't that good.

Although I'm going to suggest you too to go for a pair of decent stereo headphones and get an external mic. I strongly recommend you to get a zalman clip on mic (currently 6,80£ /w free shipping at amazon.co.uk/themic) which you can attach to your headphone's cable. The quality is decent, just like in this this video.

Creative aurvana live - 49£, closed, not the most comfortable one, but audio wise it's decent for both gaming and music listening
AKG k 240 - 68£, semi-open, comfortable(not sure about larger heads),
Steelseries Siberia v2 - 52£, HAS A MIC, description above
Audio Technica ATH-M30x - 51£, audio technica does make headphones designed for music listening, and damn good ones. However I'm not sure if these are good for gaming (directional audio).
I am currently using Gamdias Hephaestus which is a very nice headset for the price.

However, I can recommend either a Logitech G930 Wireless, which I had in the past, it is a very nice headset, amazing sound and a studio quality microphone. (In my inexperienced opinion.)

A couple of my friends are currently using Razer Tiamat 7.1 and Qpad QH-1339 which is also very great headsets but in the more pricey part of the market. However, if you have a small head I don't recommend the Tiamat it is really big, the Qpad is much more comfortable and I do believe the sound is better.

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
(04-04-2015, 09:33 AM)Joulle Wrote: If you're going for a pair of headsets I suggest you get steelseries siberia v2 since it has decent sound quality and I've heard they're quite comfortable, but not for people with large heads since the speakers put too much pressure on ears. However the mic isn't that good.

This ^.

I use steelseries, but the mic is pretty shit, to put it evenly.
*redacted bc i was immature at 15 lol*
Can second the A50s. Have had em for about two years now, and they still hold up as good as the day I got 'em.

Great audio quality and bass, comfortable and a decent mic.
A more fitting signature. 
(04-04-2015, 11:46 AM)Shahmen Wrote: I am currently using Gamdias Hephaestus which is a very nice headset for the price.

However, I can recommend either a Logitech G930 Wireless, which I had in the past, it is a very nice headset, amazing sound and a studio quality microphone. (In my inexperienced opinion.)

A couple of my friends are currently using Razer Tiamat 7.1 and Qpad QH-1339 which is also very great headsets but in the more pricey part of the market. However, if you have a small head I don't recommend the Tiamat it is really big, the Qpad is much more comfortable and I do believe the sound is better.

I would never buy any of these 'gaming' headsets since most of them have terrible audio quality, no matter the price. Only the directional audio is more accurate than on most stereo headphones, but not all especially if you're using a decent off-board sound card. Besides how come you find logitech G930's mic studio quality?! It's not even decent if you ask me, it alters too much one's voice. G930 is the wireless version of g35 and I've owned a pair of g35 and I can tell those don't go well with large heads at all, especially if you wear glasses. Using the headset literally gave me a headache after like 20 minutes of use, that's why I moved to sennheiser since I already knew and know those are comfortable. Also the logitech headsets have those metal frames to hold it all together and quite tough plastic material which makes them way too heavy for my head at least (dunno about you), I noticed it after having used them for hours straight. I decided to spend a bit more cash on audio so I went for sennheiser pc 360, unfortunately after a year the headset broke due to an accident with me moving them to another house (I dropped them and fell on them, gg wp lol). I assume the audio

I was so pleased with the comfortability and audio quality of sennheiser hd pc 360 so I decided to try out their, a bit more expensive headphones and got an external mic to compensate for the lack of mic. I went for sennheiser hd 598. I've used these for 2 and half years and I'm still satisfied with the audio quality and the comfortability, even with my glasses, however not 100% satisfied with comfortability but definitely all the more expensive gaming headsets I've tried are nowhere near hd 598's league. Bear in mind that I wear glasses which makes every headset and headphone put pressure on my glasses which causes my glasses to put pressure behind my ears which doesn't feel that good. Without glasses the hd598 feels way better, but not any logitech crap.

Back to the original subject!
I've come to realize by experience that all those multi channel headsets and headphones, virtual or true don't have that good quality. Especially not for the price tag. Many people have complained about the lack of bass on razer tiamat so you'll have to boost it by an equalizer and no onboard sound card even has the option to boost speaker bass volume so you'll have to live with weak and inaccurate bass unless you have or will have an off-board sound card. Also G35 and G930 don't have good audio quality either, in fact I call it boomy and unclear compared to what I've been using for years, especially the surround sound setting. I would never listen to music coming out of a multi channel headphones, just get a decent pair of stereo headphones and get an external mic since frankly the headets suggested are nowhere near worth their prices.

Also if you can afford do buy an off-board sound card. I don't know much about the sound cards in your price range, but I've heard that asus makes quite good sound cards for a good price/value ratio too. I recommend you go for asus xonar DGX since it provides decent audio quality for gaming and music listening, but mainly it's a gaming sound card.

TL;DR

Buy one of the headphones I stated in my first post on this thread (with an external mic, maybe the clip on one I told you about if you can get over the bit uncomfortable way... I'm referring to having 2 separate cables although you can just tape the 2 cables together) and asus xonar DGX to make them sound better. That should stay in your price range if shipping costs are excluded.
I use the HyperX Cloud. Highly recommend them!
(04-04-2015, 09:33 AM)Joulle Wrote: If you're going for a pair of headsets I suggest you get steelseries siberia v2 since it has decent sound quality and I've heard they're quite comfortable, but not for people with large heads since the speakers put too much pressure on ears. However the mic isn't that good.

Although I'm going to suggest you too to go for a pair of decent stereo headphones and get an external mic. I strongly recommend you to get a zalman clip on mic (currently 6,80£ /w free shipping at amazon.co.uk/themic) which you can attach to your headphone's cable. The quality is decent, just like in this this video.

I don't really want to buy an external microphone but I would like a load one, because on FL I get moaned at cos my mic is to quiet. I have a biggish head and I would like surround sound. I don't know if I can get this in my price rage though.

I did find this pair here. I don't know if its good or not