Nuka
Your name: Nuka

Your ban ID: 60202

Banned by: [FL] KPred

Reason: Randomly hostaging two men at least 10m away from his compound

Involved: Me, an unknown other rebel, KPred, two corleones (I believe Ryan! was one)

Why we should unban you: I understand that it appears I have somewhat broken the rules on paper here. But I also understand that I have not been given enough chance to explain why what I did was RP worthy. I don't usually make unban requests as the bans are valid, but I don't want to let this go, as it is a month.
[Image: 9oTf5hi.jpg]

In this picture, the Combine represent the corleones. The black rebel represents me, and the white rebel on the left represents the other. The white wall shows the rough boundaries of my base, but I cannot access the actual build and its length, since I built it on FL.
The corleones had been repeatedly harassing us IC, calling us terrible fighters, disrespecting our victory against the government and refusing to leave. The majority of this affair was over microphone. I had told them to go away multiple times. (I said to KPred I did this politely; however, I quickly corrected myself, saying it was a rude demand for them to leave) I then said that if they did not leave, they would be tied. They refused to leave. I proceeded to attempt to tie them, and one ran off just as I was about to, so was quickly shot down due to his witnessing of the tying of his colleague. KPred quickly got involved, and I was permanently banned, although it was shortened to a month. Apparently this was an accident, but I don't see how.

To sum it up, I had been in the right to tie them up, it was just that KP had not witnessed the full events and the situation which spawned the tying.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
INVOLVED: I was one of the rebel associates at the time and was based at the rebel house at the time of the event.

I can second the fact that the Corleones had been hovering around outside our base, taunting and harassing us over the microphone.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
All talking was strictly OOC, we were explaining how you can get over your wall easily because of how bad prop placement and how you are being arrogant because you are killing cops with 6 hours. We were pretty far away (almost on the road to UM) When you just kinda just boiled over and started trying to take us hostage. You killed Todcat then tried to hostage me. Kpred then come and talked to you, then banned you. Well, that's about it. You random hostaged then RDMed. You were not in your base, you were standing by the road, you could have walked back into your base and avoided us completely...
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
I was stood on my base wall when you started taunting us.

Not once did you state your harassment was OOC. I got off to approach you and you stepped back I believe
Nuka
First of all I never meant to perma ban you, there was an issue with me changing the length of the ban since I meant to change it from one day to one month after looking at how many previous bans you had, sorry about that.

I was simply flying over when I seen you mow down Todcat and then proceed to hostage ryan! on the patch of grass outside your compound.

Anyways you initially said to me, like you mentioned in your post, that you'd approached them politely, when checking the logs it was pretty obvious you never. The main issue I had with this was the sheer distance you were from your compound, and how you kept claiming they wouldn't move along or something to that respect, when ultimately they had no real reason to since they weren't really effecting you or your base. You had no real reason to tie them both no where near where you and your rebel team were situated since they weren't making any direct threats, and it just seemed to me you were finding a reason to tie them up.

In conclusion, I never initially perma banned you like I mentioned above, there was an error with the dates. Someone like yourself who has his fair share of hours on the server, and experience with your previous bans I would of expected you to of known your next suspension was going to be a long one, and personally I believe I wasn't harsh enough with the length.
[Image: image.png]

Ted - International Lover: My gear changes sound like Donald Duck
I corrected myself after I said politely, literally 5 seconda after.

I despise hostaging. If you want, you can see in the logs that my rebels hostaged a man and I let him go simply because I know it sucks to be tied in a small room for 20 mins. I had had enough of their harassment and only tied them after warning them they would be tied if they did not.

I completely respect that I was about 10 meters from my base, but so what? I have a link to a thread where Obay himself states this rule is never enforced. What difference is there in me hostaging someone 10m away and 2m away?
Nuka
You could have walked away from us. If we were right outside of your base yelling over the walls then being hostile is understandable, But we were almost on the road. You had no reason to feel threatened or angry.
Actually.

You were. You were stood by the train cabs, next to the forklift which marked the corner of our wall. I have people that can testify to this
Nuka
Yeah? Like 30 minutes before the killing happened?
I'm certain that isn't the case, but.
Nuka