[POSTPONED] The Flare
    (For Location and  Time, check bottom of thread.)

Playing the soundtrack is entirely optional.

Sun flares have hit the earth. Extreme heat and radiation. Double whammy.  Those whose faces didn't get burnt off in the initial chaos had to deal with the inevitable freak wave from melting ice caps. Those who survived that then had to survive extreme radiation.

And the poor sods who lived through that, well frankly... they're better off dead.

Whatever law and order that there once was has been eradicated. New York's about 50 feet deep in water; those fortunate enough to have guns patrolling it in makeshift boats. 
Nobody knows what's going on. Nobody knows what to do next.

It was something the world thought it was trained and prepared for. The world was wrong, in my humble judgment. We were so very, very wrong.

---

Post-Flares Coalition Memorandum 
Date 218.2.12, Time 19:32 
TO: All board members 
SUBJECT: EO Draft 

Please give me your thoughts on the following draft. The final order will go out tomorrow. 

Executive Order #13 of the Post-Flares Coalition, by recommendation of the Population Control Committee, to be considered TOP-SECRET, of the highest priority, on penalty of capital punishment. 

We the Coalition hereby grant the PCC express permission to fully implement their PC Initiative #1 as presented in full and attached below. We the Coalition take full responsibility for this action and will monitor developments and offer assistance to the fullest extent of our resources. The virus will be released in the locations recommended by the PCC and agreed upon by the Coalition. Armed forces will be stationed to ensure that the process ensues in as orderly a manner as possible.

EO #13, PCI #1, is hereby ratified. Begin immediately.

---

File Name: Biannual Status Update 
Date Created: 218.6.1, Time 15:32 

ÐÏࡱ脃]‘ët1˜ÏHÙúEÁSíÎL¥³LDÅ]@FÅ¢£ã3Wd§ð3ð êLÎ>9œŠßPÖ#ãVǤkÿ×ûW;¢Gn’N{}šI»ÓæE³6ÖKÿX¢ ¾¥Œ½‡¸*\&½ª¡:DëõÑ;ËW¡SWúõY³þ¦q|-†4Xâ[ŒýPÐèE蹁³ÁØU/O ˆi¿‡0>·8–™“¬&ü÷yBà2Ôôœé
Ë9T£Ôܳàñ¼ˆV¬4|<0tµrTè6èÝÒÒçž ýó¯ÑÏc×°U”ÉÝëvg³BÜhµ0Që/¾ë\÷O§æ
¾Ï`R™==O¥Â’+H²}3Ë­ñ·ÄN¯ØV¿½a}ŒÁÏ&ÿ
5N³øá4#)ç¡]³NOjë;pªøÑ'…’÷«‘áà¸ÚÂíþëÔŸI‡í˜ñ 5 ìp{–hM¾íßµ™qº{RrU_S 4òJ»àâ­á¹Íˆ5cñ‚"ßb×xÓ’ó&I;eœ<šŽ†VohP€½ òút£ÚÖ{SªGѐ
y,IºÐi*9mzº+˜Ã¾’¼˜i7ëE2åYÃóÓï<çª
QÔF¿O êçÄ ƒš½õ;;ý”þðhí-O—:¡l`»‚J¢GR£Êì`æðUî)%'÷Ž$ݬ_~áÞÔc)vª{thz[YÐIbash†›`°„ò\äquÅPI)zÀÓõÚH^U¤¸%í‡a„üä"¬h M‡×É;Q‰GdX¦ºü_àêzgKþuHâ˜ôK®þ™5}«
Fç_Ðö§5ONïK­Ð5(7'¬É
E¾Vó¼ï(:›6€‚•Qy=†È‹v9FIb~ˉ+”“pSêcÙŒItÃÊ÷Yp–£9!M[a—½ßbiG i$$//3..

&I;eœ<ver so slowly... people got long-term effects. Everything human about them slowly disappeared - though some are affected faster than others. They slowly lost their sanity,  until they were nothing but insane psychopaths, colloquially known as 'Cranks'.

I fear it is our duty here at WCKD to fix what has been done. We must place them into observation; together we will find a cure.

WCKD is good.

The information given to you there is all you, the player, knows. Your character will know nothing.

If you have read the books and are familiar with what happens, I urge you to apply for a more demanding role, in which you can help the event to run smoothly.

---

A vital part of this event will be the:

Cranks.

Symptoms: 
  • Irrational Behaviour
  • Mental instability
  • Mood-swings
  • Temperamental anger and irritation
  • Paranoia
  • Aggression
  • Animalistic Behaviours (such as becoming cannibalistic).
The first symptoms are usually painful headaches and moments of madness, nonsense, and insanity.
The rate at which the virus worsens is dependable upon how much activity is taking place in the victim's brain. An extremely active brain, often triggered by stress, will quicken the rate at which the virus grows.

Spoiler :
'He leaned to the right, his left foot and leg jiggling slightly. His left arm also twitched, the hand clenching and unclenching. He wore a dark suit that had probably once been nice, though now it was filthy and tattered. 
It looked like hair had been ripped from his scalp, leaving bloody scabs in its place. 
One eye was gone, a gummy red mass where it should have been. And his mouth. Lips drawn back in a snarl, gleaming white teeth exposed, clenched tightly together. 
He spoke only a few words, but they were so absurd and out of place that it just made the whole thing that much more horrifying. “Rose took my nose, I suppose."' -The Scorch Trials, chapter 32.
 [Image: latest?cb=20130721125739]

Where: Event Server, v33x
When: 
POSTPONED
To a later date
(Unconfirmed)

9 AM PST
1 PM GMT
9 PM GMT + 8

No particular sign up is required, but if you would fill in the form below just so that I can get an idea of who's interested.
Reading the 'Crank' section is highly recommended.

!!ALSO!!
If you would like to participate, please have a 'Shack' dupe ready.
It's not compulsory, but they feature in the event and it would be great to have a mix of players' own creations.

Any number of people can live in the shack.
No bigger than 5x4 wide (height does not matter) please.
Survival theme. This means no nice TVs or Furniture. Bare minimum, built with materials such as wood or dirt.

Example:

Code:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Have you read any/all of the books?[/b]
---
[b]In-Game Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]2 Personality Traits (Selfish, shy, etc.):[/b]
[b]Are you willing to be a 'Crank'? (Note this does not mean you will be one) [/b]
[b]If your answer is 'yes', please answer the following:[/b]
[spoiler][b]1. How might your character act at first?[/b]
[b]2. Please give a brief physical description as to how they'd look:[/b]
[b]3. Finish the sentence: "Rose took _________________" (this is simply to see if you have read the information. [/b] [/spoiler]
---
[b]If there were to be a worldwide catastrophe, your character would be a:[/b]
[b]a) Scientist b) Military Unit c) Civilian[/b]

[b]Supplies are scarce. People are growing more unpredictable. Your character thinks:[/b]
[b]a) Supplies should be divided equally  b) Survival of the fittest... c) Every man for himself![/b]

[b]Something strange is happening, but you don't know what. Does your character:[/b]
[b]a) Find the one who caused it b) Find the cause c) Get on with whatever 'it' is[/b]

[b]Three 'Cranks' are walking toward you, crowbars in hands. They don't seem completely insane yet. Does your character:[/b]
[b]a) Fight them off b) Act like one of them c) Attempt to negotiate [/b]

---

The following 7 users Like Safira's post:
  • Falc, Tomo, Suarez, Falcon, Nevy, Nacreas, Waterloo
Username: [FL:RP] Tomoash
Have you read any/all of the books?
I have watched "The Maze Runner" movie and have begun to read "The Maze Runner" book, I own the Scorch Trials and The Death Cure but have not yet read them.
In-Game Name: Darren O'Connor
2 Personality Traits (Selfish, shy, etc.): Antisocial and Intelligent

Are you willing to be a 'Crank'? (Note this does not mean you will be one)
Yeah sure.

If your answer is 'yes', please answer the following:

Spoiler :
1. How might your character act at first? Angry and paranoid. Drastic mood-swings too.
2. Please give a brief physical description as to how they'd look: Hair has fallen out. Entire face and body are covered in abscesses. Bloody and scabby, gritted teeth. 
3. Finish the sentence: "Rose took my nose, I suppose." (this is simply to see if you have read the information.

If there were to be a worldwide catastrophe, your character would be a:
a) Scientist b) Military Unit c) Civilian

Supplies are scarce. People are growing more unpredictable. Your character thinks:
a) Supplies should be divided equally  b) Survival of the fittest... c) Every man for himself!

Something strange is happening, but you don't know what. Does your character:
a) Find the one who caused it b) Find the cause c) Get on with whatever 'it' is

Three 'Cranks' are walking toward you, crowbars in hands. They don't seem completely insane yet. Does your character:
a) Fight them off b) Act like one of them c) Attempt to negotiate
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
Username: TimzzElitezz
No, but I'm willing to get a basic understanding before the event
In-Game Name: Tom James
2 Personality Traits (Selfish, shy, etc.): Brave, Persuasive
Are you willing to be a 'Crank'? (Note this does not mean you will be one): Yes
1. How might your character act at first? Selfish, Arrogant, Isolated
2. Please give a brief physical description as to how they'd look: Tall, Well-Built, Dark, Bearded, Neat Hair.
3. Finish the sentence: "Rose took my nose, I suppose" (this is simply to see if you have read the information
Supplies are scarce. People are growing more unpredictable. Your character thinks:
a) Supplies should be divided equally b) Survival of the fittest... c) Every man for himself!
Three 'Cranks' are walking toward you, crowbars in hands. They don't seem completely insane yet. Does your character:
a) Fight them off b) Act like one of them c) Attempt to negotiate [/b]
Username: [FL:RP] Emil2205
No.
---
In-Game Name: Dave Cranberry
2 Personality Traits (Selfish, shy, etc.): Shy, intelligent
Yes
---
c) Civilian

a) Supplies should be divided equally

a) Find the one who caused it

c) Attempt to negotiate
Username: [FL:RP] Falcao
I'm afraid not. Seen the Maze Runner movie that is all.
In-Game Name: Joey Essex
2 Personality Traits (Selfish, shy, etc.): Energetic, Intelligent.

Of Course.

a) Supplies should be divided equally  b) Survival of the fittest... c) Every man for himself!

form is updated; please copy from bottom of OP.

Username: CorieTheNub

Have you read any/all of the books? none
---
In-Game Name: Nelson Santorini
2 Personality Traits (Selfish, shy, etc.): Old fashioned, somewhat shy. Funny
Are you willing to be a 'Crank'? (Note this does not mean you will be one) Yes
[spoiler]1. How might your character act at first? Moments of madness and purely not making much sense. 
2. Please give a brief physical description as to how they'd look: Very Aggressive, mood-swings, cannibalistic behavior 
3. Finish the sentence: "Rose took [b]my nose, I suppose" (this is simply to see if you have read the information. [/b]
---

Username: [FL:RP] Echo
I have not read any.
In-Game Name: Jack "Echo" Freeman
2 Personality Traits (Selfish, shy, etc.): Intelligent and Caring

Yeah sure if you need me to be.

a) Supplies should be divided equally b) Survival of the fittest... c) Every man for himself!

[Image: xfjIDIO.jpg]
Thanks to Barkles for my Signature
Username: DonkeyWaffles
Have you read any/all of the books?: No, but I could watch the film and read a general run down of the plot if it helps.
---
In-Game Name: Pablo Gonzalez.
2 Personality Traits: Easily Annoyed, Slightly Mad.
Are you willing to be a 'Crank'?: Definitely.

Spoiler :
1. How might your character act at first? Probably the same as he usually is. Tounge
2. Please give a brief physical description as to how they'd look: Darkened Eyes, Ragged Clothes, Specks of blood on his face and hands, Unpredictable with an animalistic behaviour.
3. Finish the sentence: "Rose took my nose, I suppose"

---

Thanks for all the responses so far!

Just a heads up:

THE MOVIE IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TO THE BOOKS.

As in: let's-kill-off-a-character-who's-kinda-a-huge-fucking-deal-in-the-third-book different.

The Maze Runner also does not feature 'Cranks' heavily. Or, at all, really. The event is based off the Prequel of TMR, which no movie has been made as of yet.

You'd be better off Googling 'Cranks' and reading the relevant information, or downloading a PDF of The Scorch Trials (Book 2), The Death Cure (Book 3) or The Kill Order (Prequel) and skim through the pages which contain the word 'Crank'.

By no means is this necessary, however it will definitely give you a better idea as to how Cranks act, and, well, they're good books!