Can't See Materials
Hello everybody,

I just got this new issue, I can not see any materials. I can of course see props which have a materials on them such as a wardrobe or an oven, but if I go to the Material Tool, than chose a material, and try to change the material nothing happens. Even all of my dupes have materials on them, but I can't see any. I spawned one of my Nexus Lobby Defense dupes, which has a material on it. Everybody can see the different materials, except me. This is very random. I can't see materiasl for 2 days already. Even if I open a prop with a keypad, I don't see it vanish for a few seconds to move through. The prop doesn't move and I can't change the material on any props. Please help me out. I think it's a problem with the props, since I don't see them vanish for a few seconds after I use a keypad/button. Changing the material on props doesn't work either. When I try to change the material, I can see the blue shooting/laser, but I can't see it. I think my props are broken? I don't know please help. Smile  I have validated the files under properties of Garry's Mod, TF2, and CS: Source. I have restarted everything.

Thank You, Yerakor Smile 
Seems like a reinstall is in order. There is nothing server-side that could cause that for a single player.

1. Uninstall the game from Steam.
2. Delete the garrysmod folder in steam/steamapps/common.
3. Unsuscribe all of your addons from the workshop. This is important. Bugs usually come from addons.
4. Reinstall the game.
Hey Yerakor,

I have been having the exact same issues and I am puzzled as to why it is happening...
[Image: source.gif]
I noticed a guy in my clan had this issue when he showed me his screenshots, I'd recommend a reinstall or an addon purge.
I have the exact same issue. It's just a error in the coding of gmod, I think, as a reinstall and delete every addon didn't work for me. I guess we'll just have to wait it out since the bug came together with the toolgun-bug. Unless anyone else knows a solution?
After sitting down and spending all morning fixing this, I finally have the solution (I also made a thread on the same issue)

This fix, pasted from my thread:-

Material Fix (Problem was due to glitched DirectX level causing certain graphical elements to malfunction):

1. Add -dxlevel 110 in the command line (right click Gmod, Properties, Set Launch Options)
  2. Launch GMOD, open advanced video options , DirectX 11 should be set as your hardware DirectX level (You will have access to the highest GMOD graphics settings)
  3. Configure your settings according (Max it out if you wish)
  4. Close your game, remove the startup parameter from step 1 and relaunch
  5. Join your favourite Fearless Server!
You lot owe me a beer  Wink
[Image: source.gif]
The following 2 users Like The Crack Fox's post:
  • Mysterius, CorieTheNub
(03-11-2015, 01:09 PM)The Crack Fox Wrote: After sitting down and spending all morning fixing this, I finally have the solution (I also made a thread on the same issue)

Material Fix (Problem was due to glitched DirectX level causing certain graphical elements to malfunction):

1. Add -dxlevel 110 in the command line (right click Gmod, Properties, Set Launch Options)
  2. Launch GMOD, open advanced video options , DirectX 11 should be set as your hardware DirectX level (You will have access to the highest GMOD graphics settings)
Man thanks a lot! It works! Owe ya one Wink  Smile
(03-11-2015, 01:09 PM)The Crack Fox Wrote: After sitting down and spending all morning fixing this, I finally have the solution (I also made a thread on the same issue)

I did everything you said but when I tried to test out the materials my physgun was stretched and everything looked fucked!

Pictures: