Un-Ban Request cjb201014
Your name: cjb201014

Your ban ID: 59046

Banned by: [FL] Laurenz

Reason: Extremist RP

Involved: The Auld Goldster & ArchAngel 

Why we should unban you: We were doing a peaceful protest because of the presidents corrupt ways and laws.
We were outside of the nexus holding protest signs and saying "down with the president" "allahu akbar"

Allahu Akbar" is not Extremism, it's Arabic for "God is Great". If I were just shouting "God is Great" in English would I be banned?
I was involved in this incident.

It started when the elected President at the time proposed ridiculous laws such as "No Vehicles are Allowed". This angered us so we (Me, CJB & ArchAngel) decided to move outside the nexus to express our concerns.

Upon arrival at the nexus a fairly large group formed as we started to protest. We were shouting "Down with the president" and some people shouted "Allahu Akbar" (God is Great) as mentioned above. Although this was shouted there was no shots fired from our group (Me, CJB & ArchAngel) so there is nothing to suggest that CJB was at all Role Playing as an "Extremist". The shots were fired by random people that we were not involved with. We were not even armed. As I said ingame "This is a peaceful protest, we are armed with our voices and concerns".

This is my side of the story.
It was very clear what you were trying to imitate when yelling Takbir.
Why else would you be yelling ''Allāhu Akbar" in that situation if not
attempting to imitate a terrorist. 
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
User has been warned for this post. Reason:
User not involved, warned
[Image: giphy.gif]
Marty, you were not there nor do you understand the context of the situation at hand, in my comment I stated "in that situation".
There is obviously nothing wrong with the prayer but the context in which it was being used was the reason I issued the suspension.

Before jumping to conclusions, I'd suggest knowing exactly what happened. 
dig

Approved.
In future reference, be careful the things you say, certain words and phrases are not always simple
light hearted terms and have reference to many things. Though there was no extremist RP committed, I do still
believe what you did was FailRP. The ban reason has been changed.
dig