Unsure What I Did For A Blacklist
Your name: Marty

Your blacklist ID: 48617

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8034939

Reason: Insults in OOC

Staff member who blacklisted you: FL Raptor

Reason why you should be unblacklisted: I'm not denying I did this, to be fair I probably did. I'm an angry Scotsman lol. But I never even seen me getting blacklisted, or how long for, or anything like that. And I can't remember what it was for at all. If you could be so kind to remind me ?
[Image: giphy.gif]
You were mad at some players in the OOC chat and you said "Fucking Noobs" Or something in that lines.
Ohhh. For the CDMers who ran over me then reversed back over me. Yeah I do remember that. Why was I punished for that but them not punished for CDM after I sent an @ call. And. Tbh that wasn't really an insult....
If someone breaks a rule and CDMs you or any other rule at all, it gives you no right to break one yourself.

[21:16:44] Marty (STEAM_0:1:80349395) said: // Nice driving in that camo raptor. CDM then reverse back over me...amazing...f**king noobs

General Rule 4.
Do not insult players and admins in out-of-character chats.
No. You do have that part correct. I am aware of that. However what I was asking is why did you chose to step in and punish me, first offence for this, not even a warning for it, rather than deal with the people that were ruining gameplay experience? It just ses a little unfair and looks like to me you were looking for an easy option to punish people rather than actually ensure the server is running smoothly without hiccups from rule breakers. I received a mark on my record and a blacklist due to the fact you wanted to easy option out. You could have easily warned me. As I have seen you warn people before for that. Why wasn't I given that benefit of a doubt ? I was pissed someone had just CDM'd, pissed that two staff on the server didn't do anything about it. And even more pissed now to see find I was blacklisted because you couldn't be bothered to deal with more serious rule breakers.
Also I stand by my initial statement. Calling someone a fuck*ing noob is not an insult and if you think it is then at most it's a very very light hearted one. And really not worthy of a punishment ive seen admins talk to players worse than that. But of course they apparently cando what they want.
At that time I was undercover, I couldn't really give you a warning considering that it'll break the whole undercover thing, you are experienced enough to know the rules.

Remember the point of this unblacklist, supply me a reason on why I should unblacklist you other than saying that you do not like or agree with my ways of administration.

Calling someone a "Fu**ing Noob" is an insult.
If you were called a noob or derivatives, the other player would be making an attempt to demean or insult your experience on the servers.
Clearly it was your intention to demean his experience when you said this.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
Well, I don't feel it is. Calling someone a noob in my book is far from it. I've been around gaming communities on years upon years and if you guys are trying to tell me noob is an insult then alright then. Whatever. And Raptor you've PM'de before when you were undercover. I didn't even know you were undercover however I just feel I have been punished for something that I don't believe is an insult.

In a sense if I wanted to insult them I have a much more expansive vocabulary than calling someone a noob. I could have spoke in all local dialect in terms of profanity words and you guys would not have a clue.
I think that's something to keep in mind.

Raptor, I am not saying I don't like your method of administrating I'm more saying blacklisting someone who was the victim of a rather serious rule break, instead of the serious rule breaker themselves is rather unorganised and not prioritised at all. And possibly that is something that should be worked on for the future.

I conclude by saying in my experience of gaming, gaming communities, being staff of gaming communities "noob" is not an insult.
I appreciate your conclusion, however for the sake of future reference, what did you mean by calling him a 'fucking newbie' ?
If you did not mean it as an insult, what did you mean it as?
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator