How To: FBI RP
Ever wondered why the FBI roleplays you carry out are deemed as aggressive, silly and even childish? 
Now, it may just be people being mean though chances are you're doing something wrong.
In my 500 so hours of playing Fearless, it's overly common to see a government try to immunise itself from unrest and raids by enforcing a Martial Law like state. Where men in suits and gasmasks patrol the city with assault rifles and shotguns, firing on trabants violating the 'No-Car' law. The martial enforcers tend to be some sort of federal roleplay or agency roleplay. Now, this isn't how you go about these kind of things... at all... Ever. I'd like to give you a few Dos and Don'ts if you're thinking about having yourself an FBI like roleplay, but want to keep it mostly passive, realistic and more importantly;
fun for all.
Let's start with a few don'ts, shall we?

1. YOU ARE NOT A PATROL OFFICER. DO NOT ROAM THE STREETS WITH AUTOMATIC (OR ANY) WEAPONARY OPENLY CARRIED
[Image: 2ajDutq.jpg?1]

This grinds gears to no end. As a hypothetical FBI agent, you do not patrol. This is not your job. You don't purposely look for street crime, leave that to the police.

2. DON'T RESPOND TO POLICE/SRU CALLS UNLESS BACK-UP IS ABSOLUTELY  NECESSARY
You're not the police. Your job is not to respond to calls to assist in a car pursuit or assist in a raid. Only if Police Numbers are fading and back-up is still requested do you assist. Most likely, the President will be the deciding factor in the severity of a crime in progress and whether FBI intervention is necessary.

3. DON'T EXERT FORCE YOU WOULD NOT WHILE PLAYING AS A POLICE OFFICER/SRU
This is obvious. Not only will you end up with a ban, blacklist or otherwise, it's just a pain in the ass. If you see a speeding car, you either report it and let police handle it. If you're stopping a mugging in process, you point your weapon at the perpetrator and command him to surrender, stating fully who you are. If you want to rambo every J-Walker you stumble across, you shouldn't be allowed to roleplay in this manner.

And now, on to our lovely DOS!

1. WHEN INVESTIGATING A RESIDENCE/BUSINESS, STATE YOUR NAME, RANK AND DISPLAY WARRANT PAPERS
[Image: ZWRnYMp.jpg?1]

Not only is using /mes good practice for every role on the server (Custom OR Implemented), it also shows the player you're willing to roleplay and supportive of a passive resolution. Barging in and waving guns around is a really bad way to initiate a roleplay with anyone. On top of this, if a player sees you're willing to roleplay in a clever and passive manner, they'll most likely retaliate with some /mes. Making both of your experiences more involving and fun.

2. CHOOSE YOUR ARSENAL REALISTICALLY
[Image: sD3n9Z4.jpg?1]

A federal agent with any sense would like to remain discreet and non-threatening. Therefore, easy to holster weapons are ideal. It's also important to ignore what would be considered as 'millitant' or 'criminal' associated firepower, such as AK-47s, Galils and Mac-10s. Choosing weapons according to your rank is also a grand idea and going beyond the call of duty. The weapons I would recommend are as follows;
Glock 18, Five-Seven, P228 Sig Sauer, H&K USP. 45
And for potential risky investigations:
H&K MP5 SMG

Now that we have some basics out of the way, let's talk about what your role should actually involve.
As a federal agent, your job should be to do the following:
Investigate suspicious properties/residencies reported by police, though insufficient evidence exists to grant a warrant.
Tracking fugitives with an arrest warrant.
Tracking stolen vehicles.
Undercover operations.
STING operations.
Here's a few brief descriptions and tips for each job:
Investigating suspicious properties/residencies reported by police, though insufficient evidence exists to grant a warrant.
As simple as it sounds. This would involve short interviews with property holders, attempts to gain peaceful entry and taking names. A good way to go about  this is to introduce yourself and partner in a friendly, approachable way. Tell them clearly why you're there and the risk of a search warrant should refusal to a peaceful entry be denied. Remember, you must respect the rights of the citizen fully while maintaining any discresion necessary.
Tracking fugitives with an arrest warrant.
This is trying to lure, blackmail or simply sweep the area for a citizen with an arrest warrant. This is one of the more risky operations, and involves some use of /job to avert metagaming. A clever way to do this is to /pm the person in question requesting a meeting to buy/sell product. Pay attention to advertisements, they can give away some keys you can exploit to land them in a trap. 
Tracking stolen vehicles.
As police are often busy with patrols/response calls, this duty falls upon the FBI. Stolen vehicles are normally difficult to trace and tends to involve some investigation and undercover work. A good place to start would be all the garages in the city. Take a partner and start your investigation there, taking names of the compliant and non-compliant. With this list, you may have reasonable suspicion to pass a search warrant though you may have to do some more undercover work.
Undercover operations.
This normally involves either the Rebels, Corleones or a custom faction. Your task is to essentially infiltrate the group in question and gradually report crimes from each member, assuring an arrest warrant. Or, you can gradually learn the passcodes and gain access to locked doors to assist police in gaining a discrete and peaceful entry. It is important that you do not directly intervene in an arrest of a suspect, as you are likely to blow your cover.
STING operations.
One of the more simple jobs. Similair to Tracking Fugitives with an arrest warrant, this entails backtracking advertisements/police reports of potential Drug Dealers/Illegal Weapon Dealers and luring them to a building for an arrest to be performed. Again, use of /job, /pm and constant discrete contact with the Police Department is vital for this to succeed. However simple, it is still a risky operation.

That's about it, folks. I'm not expecting every single person ever to remember this, but it may be handy to keep open in a tab if you plan on doing a very fun FBI roleplay
The following 5 users Like Jinkees!'s post:
  • Suarez, Brynn, Dauntless, Dolla, Cunix
Finally! Someone has realised that FBI do not go around with AK47's guarding the president and shooting shit randomly! I hate nagging at people because what they are doing is basically FailRP! I praise you and shall spam this link to whoever decides to RP as FBI incorrectly.

A reputation shall be given!

THANK YOU!
(02-10-2015, 06:44 PM)Sgt. Suarez Wrote: Finally! Someone has realised that FBI do not go around with AK47's guarding the president and shooting shit randomly! I hate nagging at people because what they are doing is basically FailRP! I praise you and shall spam this link to whoever decides to RP as FBI incorrectly.

THANK YOU!

I know what you mean.
It is a prime jimmy rustler, I'm glad I could help. c:
Nice work Panzer, and i agree with Suarez, No more FBI/CIA running around the streets with a AK
I usually do these kind of RP's. I absolutely love them! Driving in my audi as I am an Federal Agent. I even use sirens sounds :3
Great job, I will probably use some tips Smile
[Image: MrTreeGames-Signature.gif]

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander
Glad to see a guide for the FBI that doesn't involve guys with AK47s shooting speeding cars "because FBI".

Nice guide!
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
Nice guide! Good work.
Really Nice!
Very detailed guide, thanks for the help and good work.