Parents and Games
So, the only thing I do is gaming. When I am not gaming I am probably home doing nothing cuz my dad has turned of the WiFi because "I play to much". My mom doesn't really care but she still thinks I am boring playing all the time. Let's come to the thing, what does your parents think about you gaming?
The following 2 users Like Spear's post:
  • Savage, CrazySwede
Do my parents dislike the amount of time I spend choked up in a room 24/7? Probably...
Have I made an attempt to get out? Yeah, I have..
They do not really intervene in what I do but I am sure it irritates them the amount of time I spend.

Theres always going to starbucks and reading the news on my comp- .. Wait no..
Could always go to a LAN party and play some PC gam-.. Wait.. uh..
Maybe go to the library to use the com-.. GODDAMNIT
Forget it.

Point is, I do try to get out, my parents realize that and we are on equal terms in regards to PC time.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
My mum doesn't care, my dad won't respect my personal space at all and thinks I should get out more

Fun.
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
I'm the total opposite to Barkles.
Then again, I am half Asian.
My dad doesn't care.

Spoiler :
"If you want to be a lawyer, you have to start studying now! Look at X, they started doing things for their CV when they were 10! Oxford or Cambridge won't accept standard people! Look at your brother, spending $500 on games. Do you want to be like him? At *X University*? No, you want to be at Oxford or Cambridge, doing law! Look at *insert distantly related cousin here*, All A*s on her GCSEs, AND A levels! You should be like that, no, you should be better!"
Etc etc.
I'm not even sure if I want to be a lawyer anymore... T_T

The following 2 users Like Safira's post:
  • CrazySwede, Spear
Sky is defenitly right on this most parents wants their kids to be more social but when someone is playing on a server of 50 pers you cant be much more social than usual.
[Image: 2015-10-18%2B-%2B1]
Thanks Spear for making this signature!
The following 2 users Like CrazySwede's post:
  • Safira, Spear
Most parents don't understand how the internet has affected our youth and their social behavior. Most believe its a wasteland and causes violent behavior. As you all know this is not the case the internet/games can be used for good purposes and growth.

If someone is having trouble with their parents I would suggest taking the time to talk to them. Depending on how they analyze a situation I would show them how social a game can actually be. If they are a visual person I would reccomend them watching you interact with others and roleplay. If they are more logical/mathmatical oriented I would create some type of graph based on the amount of hours played and how many people you socialized with and compare to real life.

Parents also have a bias on Videogames/internet because they are threatened by the amount of attention you might give to it. Dont let their looks deceive you they have childish tendencies all of the time. Think of it in their shoes, When you were little you were basically their best friends their everything... Then their human spawn that they love more than ANYTHING grew up a bit and would rather stare at a video game then talk to them. It hurts more than you can even understand. Make sure you spend time with your parents.

Your parents are half right though. Getting out into the real world is so very important still.

The world is a beautiful place go enjoy it!
Need some builds for RP? Click here!
The following 2 users Like beflok's post:
  • Barkles, Spear
I use gaming to space out or funnel out my depression. My parents will never understand and will never try to. They are very narrow minded and are blind to the rapidly developing technology nowadays. All they see in games are the cons; majority of the times I have to sneak on to play or pretend to do homework.
My parents never let me own a single Grand Theft Auto game till I was 12. Really thought that's the only restriction they had on me. And yea that's still an early age technically to be playing a game like that. I guess I got off pretty lucky with the restrictions so I generally don't complain.
My parents are cuban soo internet for them is game, i tell them im just doing a signature look im trying to imporove my photoshop kills Cheese and theyre like Oye ya para cone eso..-english-(hey stop with that) and for them playing violent games is gonna make me kill people in real life haha....
[Image: xfmK5LX.jpg]
The original Cuban Minge
Well i dont live with my parents anymore and im turning 27 years now and im thinking in being dad , i may understand what u say , its pretty good being on your home , on your confort and playing games that makes us being there for some hours but , theres life outside , theres friends , girls , theres beautifull spaces to visit etc , i understand u prefer to be in home playing but sometimes that can affect your health and your social life , if u want my advise , play some games , at night , try to use the day for things u wanna do outside of your home , if u got a car and license drive? go hang out with friends , rent houses for weekend and go travel , i maded alot stuff when i was more younger and when i used to live with my dads , also having parents separed its hard sometimes , i had 12 when mines just divorced , i was always in home taking care of my sister was more young , anyway , breath some fresh air , go to beach , cinema , cooffe , anything , except being locked in home , isnt good Wink