Samzo. Unban.
Your name: (Steam friends name)

Samzo
Your ban ID: (Number of the ban, this could be 2779 for example)
Banned by: (Please use the staff member's full name with [FL]/[FL:M] tag)
Raptor
Reason: (Why were you banned, what is listed as the reason?)
Fear rp
Involved: (Who was involved? Type a - when there were no other people involved except you and the staff member.)
Can't remember the names, I'm sure Raptor or Nacreas can confirm names for me.
Why we should unban you: (A motivation why we should unban you, or why your ban should be shortened)

Right, so first things first is my ban is completely stupid, I have no clue where these rules came from but the written rules state different, so it's an unwritten rule.

Let's start off, I had a police hostages in my house at the villas. My demands were that the President came to speak about a resolution to solve the problem. He arrived with an SRU Sergeant, who had his gone pointed down at all times, we started to speak. I had a man with a tranq aimed on them from behind a car, many other people waiting with guns within the Villa area, this was at the gate. One of my men took an XM from there inventory, then placed it away. I done the same with my AK47. The rules state that because I had a hostage, cops, SRU are under Fear RP. So as it went on, I asked the President that we could swap him with the cop, he ignored me, I asked again, he ignored me. We took our guns out probably, 2-3 mins before this point, the Pres took a step back, the SRU sergeant took up his gun and killed me. Which is a huge break of Fear rp. My argument with Raptor is that the SRU was under fear rp at the time. Raptor said about us pulling guns then putting away, but we had hostages so guns in our case were obviously a high priority.

The rules state that UNLESS we shoot, then the police/SRU are under fear rp, meaning cannot take fire onto us. In this case the SRU did. So now getting me being banned.. The SRU had his gun pointed down, not one time did he say anything to me about me needing to listen etc or anything. So Raptor TP's me, Nacreas was also dealing with it. Raptor then told me that me pulling a gun when the SRU had his pointing down was breaking fear rp? But when I walked out I had a gun, I got my fists out to be more appropriate. I pulled my gun to face it down and one point then put it straight back away, me and the rest of the corleones did NOT shoot once, which clearly means that the SRU is under fear rp. 

So judging by this, how in anyway did I break fear rp, when the SRU was under fear rp from me and my men and us having a hostage? Please someone explain this to me..

I would like a second opinion on this because Raptor will just Deny it. So yeah, if an admin could look at this and speak to me it would mean a lot. 

Thank you.
Your FearRP part is when you pulled out your AK when the SRU has had his gun ready. That is the part where you broke FearRP.
But as I said, when I walked out from the gate area I had my gun, which I placed away to try and avoid more aggressive rp, I was trying to be more passive with the way I went about things. From what I knew he was under fear rp because of the hostages. He saw me walk out with a gun, I tried making the RP better by not going out there pointing it everywhere. The way the RP was going, we had hostages which was our fear rp towards him and he had it pointed down the whole time, he made no intention that I was under fear rp at any point because he didn't say a word through out.
While speaking to the president and SRU sergeant you revealed your weapon for a matter of seconds and then you pulled out your "Hands/Keys" option.

Myself and Raptor believe you broke FearRP because the SRU sergeant had his/her weapon holstered the whole time by their chest while your team mates were far away and couldn't place the president or the sergeant under FearRP with their weapons.

Refer to this - http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=42172
Above is a link to the official standing of FearRP.

Quote:FearRP is when your character is threatened with a weapon or a tazer. When threatened by a weapon (meaning the weapon is pointed at you or is reasonably close to cause danger - such as in the same room or near you, where the person can obviously shoot within two seconds), your character is to obey the armed person.

The SRU sergeant had a weapon holstered by their chest the whole time and when you pulled out your weapon for a moment, you endangered the president's life. The SRU would have been in the position of deciding who is more important as he'd have to worry about the hostages and the president's life. In that situation, the SRU sergeant did the right thing by protecting the president first.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
I pulled it out for a split second, I put it straight back away as it clearly was a mistake on my behalf. If it was that much of a threat why did he wait so long before he decided it was time to shoot me? People make mistakes and in this case it was me. My weapon was put straight back away after. It's a minor minor break from me, which could have gone either way because of the situation. The situation of having hostages was my number on priority which put the SRU under fear rp? And at no stage did any of us shoot?
Referring to the Fear RP thread, this is perfect to use in my argument against this ban - FearRP is also when someone else has your friend or teammate hostaged, as you fear for his life. The lives of innocents are also valid reason for FearRP, when it applies to the police and SRU.
(01-28-2015, 05:52 PM)samzo Wrote: I pulled it out for a split second, I put it straight back away as it clearly was a mistake on my behalf. If it was that much of a threat why did he wait so long before he decided it was time to shoot me? People make mistakes and in this case it was me. My weapon was put straight back away after. It's  a minor minor break from me, which could have gone either way because of the situation. The situation of having hostages was my number on priority which put the SRU under fear rp? And at no stage did any of us shoot?

The SRU would have taken their time in that situation because he/she puts himself/herself in a position where they have to refer to rules as well as keep up with the situation. Lets not forget that there were several moving oppositions on the SRU's part for them to take into account before they make a move against you.

1. Who's life is more important, the hostages or the president
  2. Is what they're about to do within the rules
  3. Who am I up against and where are they if I should pull of this move
This minor mistake of yours is still IC and was interpreted in such a way by both myself, Raptor and obviously the SRU sergeant who felt they must kill you.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
Since you just said that you made a mistake, then why are you posting an unban request if you know that you made a mistake?
(01-28-2015, 06:01 PM)Nacreas Wrote:
(01-28-2015, 05:52 PM)samzo Wrote: I pulled it out for a split second, I put it straight back away as it clearly was a mistake on my behalf. If it was that much of a threat why did he wait so long before he decided it was time to shoot me? People make mistakes and in this case it was me. My weapon was put straight back away after. It's  a minor minor break from me, which could have gone either way because of the situation. The situation of having hostages was my number on priority which put the SRU under fear rp? And at no stage did any of us shoot?

The SRU would have taken their time in that situation because he/she puts himself/herself in a position where they have to refer to rules as well as keep up with the situation. Lets not forget that there were several moving oppositions on the SRU's part for them to take into account before they make a move against you.

1. Who's life is more important, the hostages or the president
  2. Is what they're about to do within the rules
  3. Who am I up against and where are they if I should pull of this move
This minor mistake of yours is still IC and was interpreted in such a way by both myself, Raptor and obviously the SRU sergeant who felt they must kill you.

Well then the rules are not making enough sense to abide by, because all I and many people who have spoke to me about this the thing we know is that - Unless a shot is fired or hostage killed etc then fear rp always applies. If this is the case then it is an unwritten law.
(01-28-2015, 06:01 PM)Raptor Wrote: Since you just said that you made a mistake, then why are you posting an unban request if you know that you made a mistake?
 You took that out of context, the mistake I made was pulling the weapon, I did not mean to do that as such. That's why I put it back away, I did not know that was breaking fear rp. I think I have a very valid argument here.