Windows 10
Hey there all,

Since  few days I use Windows 10 technical preview as my Operating System. I like it alot. Ofcourse there are still a few things which can be done better, but there already are some huge improvements.
  • Like on your phone we have a notification center now, which is really helpful. You can track any notifcations, they say even from your phone (if you have a windows phone)! Which can be really useful for people like me who wants to work convertable
  • Start menu is improved but not the best yet. It can be done way better then it is now, but it's going in the right direction.
  • Metro apps as normal windows, which is really helpfull because I use the mail app from windows alot, because it sync with my gmail and my windows phone mail app. So, now I can organize it all way better.
  • Internet Explorer is insane improved! It is way faster in starting up and browsing the web. The website loads instantly, way faster then Chrome and opera do for me. Great job microsoft!
  • Virtual Desktop, like a new floor opened in heaven. Multitasking is so much faster then it was before. Mainly I used Linux for this, but now we have it on windows, and it's very very very good!
  • Tablet modus, If you want everything to be fullscreen touch optimized anyway you can always have the tablet modus enabled. Every app and the startmenu is fullscreen en works just like in windows 8.1
  • Smart Snap, Microsoft extended their snapping feature to make it available to snap up to 4 windows on 1 desktop easily, which can be really helpful.
  • Theme, the theme is more sleek and fancier, the borders are removed which has a nice effect. But it has it downsides because I totally doesn't like the window buttons for normal windows. They don't fit the rest of the theme.
  • Improved FPS, again, Microsoft did an amazing job improving FPS on weak video cards. Mainly becuase the theme  a lot easier to handle than the ugly Aero system.
  • Cortana arrives in windows! Which is really helpful if you are lonely and want to talk to your computer, or when you are working and want to make an appointment while doing other stuff.
What is your opinion about Windows 10? Would you use it?

You can download it here if you want to check it out, but be warned, it is still an early release! Everything can change and it is really unstable. but you can always roll back to your previous OS.
Il try to load it up on Viritualbox and play around with it, but from your bullet points it sounds VERY interesting

Quote:Like on your phone we have a notification center now, which is really helpful. You can track any notifcations, they say even from your phone (if you have a windows phone)!
What notifications come here?
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
I was tempted to download the technical preview but I'll hold off and get it for free when it's released.
The following 1 user Likes GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • Tandy
I'm running it on one of my laptops, and it isn't half bad. Boots really quickly too, which is always nice.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
Im really excited for it, hope it comes out soon, i was tempted to download it but when i downloaded a preview of win 8 it messed up my computer, so ill just hold off until it comes out. Can't wait for DirectX12!
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
[Image: MJYR4KT.png]

Well. RIP Suarez and his Potato.
Will try to install it on my laptop later tonight, looks rather sexy.
What?
No.

Microsoft. Look.
Here is a basic numeracy lesson.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 , 10.

Now, if you're going to miss out the first 6 numbers, I at least expect you to be consistent.

Looks good otherwise though.

(02-03-2015, 11:26 AM)Safira Wrote: What?
No.

Microsoft. Look.
Here is a basic numeracy lesson.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 , 10.

Now, if you're going to miss out the first 6 numbers, I at least expect you to be consistent.

Looks good otherwise though.

The reason they skipped nine is because:
And,

They didn't want to make another OS with new tryouts. They rather want to begin with a fresh new OS.
The following 1 user Likes De CodeerHeer's post:
  • GRiiM
DirectX 12 everyone!
Apparently there's huge performance improvements, up to 50% more in some cases.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep