Is this a mistake?
Your name: Frost [GG] Ass Irelia  (Also knows as 'ukpezzzz' if you knew me a while ago)

Your ban ID: 58545
Banned by: [FL]Laurenz

Reason: 'Exploiting'

Involved: Nobody since I was afk at the time of the ban.

Why we should unban you: 

First of all before I answer that question I would like somebody to clarify what exactly I have done wrong. The last time I got pulled up for exploiting was by a moderator about a month ago for having a dupe which had trails on it. They pulled me aside and told me I shouldn't have it and I explained I brought the dupe not knowing I couldn't have something with trails. So I deleted the dupe on request and that was that. However I doubt that was the reason I was banned today. So I would like to request some clarification on what exactly I exploited. Also at the time of my ban I was afk. I have 3 witnesses that can confirm that so I couldn't have done anything then.

I have recently started playing fearless again to take part in the clan RP 'The Union'acting as the soon-to-be wife of one of the founders. (Judge Rage) - He can confirm this.

This started '3' days ago (It may not have been exactly 3 days since some days I miss. However I know I have been playing on 3 days in the past week.):

Day 1:

Met up with judge rage as he introduced me and my character to his knew clan called the Union. I spent most of my time in that sitting role playing with him. This includes events such as when he became the president and we started a relationship rp with that before the server went down. We then went to stay at the lake where method took part in some 'annoying neighbor' rp.

Day 2: 

Spent this time role playing with method and judge at his base before method left. I then recall leaving and getting back to head to a new base for the Union. Also having prior conversation with a group of people about certain songs being played that reminded us of fallout 3. I also commented in OCC 'I forgot how volotile people on fl are'.

Day 3(Today):

I first joined the server briefly on my own to see if there was anything to do. Nothing really happening I joined rebels and nothing was happening there either. So I left to play some Planetside 2 and league of legands. I then later came back on judges request as scene here: [Image: axiG61O.png]

Whilst waiting for judge I had to go afk for food. So I found a spot out of the way and went to eat. I then came back an hour later slapped with a permanent ban as shown in the bans section.

Whilst writing this I feel that the rule I have broken was not going to unemployed after 5 minuets of being idle. If this is considered exploiting then I am truly sorry and request the ban be lifted for I feel I do not deserve to be banned permanently for such a simple mistake. However after so many hours on this server I wouldn't believe the rules to be so flawed in that regard otherwise I would have scene more bans of that nature.  

Now that I have cleared this up I feel ready to answer the question of why I should be unbanned:

#I have been a long time user of the fearless community and its servers dropping in and out for some garrys mod RP. 

#I have been a regular (ok not as regular as some) donator contributing towards the server.

#I have a record of inconsistent bans that stretch from the 4070th ban to 58173 (Yes I know some people don't get banned. I'm not perfect ok.).

As stated above - I'm not perfect. However I will gladly look back at all of those bans and confidently tell you that they are A: Unfair, B: Justified - For example the melon incident was,  YES against the rules and the ban was fair, however the 'victim' was a friend of mine who was perfectly happy with it. I am not condoning that its ok to break the rules as long as its with  friends, the ban was fair and I accepted the punishment for it. However I would not break the rules to ruin another player I do not knows experience such as breaking nlr to return to a  raid.    

#I am not a rule breaker. I follow the rules and admittedly bend them where I see it fit to suit the situation keeping what I do in acceptable limits.

#I'm not a negative person, I always try to have fun with people and like to be good to be around. Even though I don't stand out too much when I log on (I don't like to be in the spotlight)  I do feel I have made friends with some good people on the sever who would be surprised to see me permanently banned from the server. I feel like I can have a respectable debate with other  people of any rank and argue my point to a suitable outcome and I will stand up for myself if I feel injustice has been issued to me (An example of me having what I believe to be having a  calm and mature argument with a member of staff about a ban issues, After all thats what this forum zone is for :http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=53680). 

#Admittedly I have not been as active on the forums as I used to be. However I see it as being on the server that counts and haven't had time nowadays for forums.

Overall I feel it would be a shame for me to be issued a permanent ban after all the time I have put into the server. There will be many people who will stand up for me in removing the ban as I feel I have made a good impression. I am not a bad user and I have never broken the rules in the way the average rule breaker would. As I said before I will happily explain each and every one of them to as far as my memory allows. I always hate to 'blow my own trumpet'but at this time I am forced too. I feel like I am a good member of the community and don't deserve a permanent ban. I never see myself doing anything that would warrant a permanent ban and I feel it was unfair to now receive one whilst I was afk.   

I really hope this was just one big mix up of names or some sort of mistake because I would hate to lose out on fearless for whatever it is I did. I hope this gets resolved and was a mistake and if it wasn't, then I would like to hear the reason and explain why I did what I did. I will have a reason since I have a reason for doing everything. Especially if i'm doing something that could get me a slap on the wrist by a member of staff.

PS- Im sorry about the font. It got messed up after I tried fixing what the template did to it.
I also hate to be pushy. Especially now but I expect to be able to defend myself from the accusations after the first post. I don't expect to be given a reason and then completely shut out.
Wiped - Sorry, Flame, veteran or not, you can't just butt into someone else's case and harm their defence when you aren't involved.
[Image: cuAfUK9.gif]
At this point I have already been treeted like everybody else and have forever lost my privlages to the server. As of this unban request, i am pleaing for my possition back on the servers until an explanation is given. You wanted to know why you should let me back on your servers? Well there you have it. Those are my reasons.
You had been issued a permanent suspension from our server for using what I thought to be some sort of Anti-AFK mechanism with the means of gaining more hours on the server, I found you in a room constantly moving around in a strange robotic fashion, at first Raptor and I thought you were there and we inquired with you without any response, around this time I began to assume you were using some sort of exploit to get around our AFK-Kick system.

We dragged you aside for a few seconds to once again attempt to inquire with you but you continued to move around in a strange fashion, thus confirming you were not present at the PC.

I consider any sort of exploit to gain any sort of advantage over other players unfair and in violation of General Rule #1, and so after discussion with Raptor, the other administrator there at the scene, we deemed fit to issue you a permanent suspension. 

so to clarify...
Were you using an exploit to not be kicked by the automatic AFK system or not?

If so, we have a zero tolerance policy toward hacks, cheats or exploits of any sort, thus your suspension.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
This message is sent from my phone to inform you I will be at collage so won't be able post a propper reply until I get home.

Ah ok then this clears things up a little. I can't argue that I had a macro running that was keeping me from the boot script on the server. Therefore I will not deny that the ban was invalid from the issuers point of view. I understand why the ban was set and accept responsibility for doing wrong against the server rules. 
However what I will now argue is my point of view on the whole situation and give the reasons why. And since the ban is now in place I feel I must reflect on my record on the server to prove I had no grievous or negative intent in my actions. I know you have heard all of the 'im sorrry plez unban me storys' before so I want to make myself stand out from the people who deserve their bans.
  • First of all I would like to compare what I did to other permanent ban reasons that currently stand such as Hacking; DDoS; 11th ban; double accounting and even 'exploiting with deliberate intent to get a huge advantage over other players ' such as duping items and vehicles. I understand how from an admins point of view what I did mostly falls under that last category. I am also not justifying what I did since from the people who make the rules point of view I broke the rules and I can see that. However the difference between what I did and what other people like DDoSers is that I wasn't aware that I was breaking such a major rule. If I did I wouldn't have done it since i'm not stupid to leave a walking permanent ban on a server with 2 members of staff on at the same time because I would have seen it as a stupid risk. I admit I knew it was shady but I didn't know it was that bad to land me a permanent ban. I assumes this from the fact I was caught once before doing the same thing on V2D in the apartments in slums about half a year ago. I believe who found me was Enzyme (but this may be wrong) and I knew this because at that time I used to leave fraps on. So what would have happened is I went afk for some reason, I left the macro and fraps(in case somebody killed me whilst I was afk and this would have been rdm) running whilst I was gone. I get back to see I wasn't on so i look in the console to see I was kicked. I can't remember if there was a reason or if the reason was simply 'afk' which didn't matter since I knew why and saw it on the footage (this no longer exists since it was deleted as at the time I didn't consider it important. ). After I was kicked the first thought process was that I wasn't angry about it I mean fearless is a busy server and the admins was to make sure there are spaces for people to join so kicking the afk was kind of a no brainier. However this didn't tell me anything about the severity of the rule I broke when he found me. I don't know if this was overlooked at the time but it never went down officially as something that bad since it was a kick. Admins rarely kick so assumes I wasn't doing too much wrong to warrant anything more severe than a kick. The second time being this time I had to go eat, I found a place out of the way to go afk (and to hide from method) so I said I was going to eat in occ. Set my job title to '(OC)Brb food - 'Guard'' or something like that and set the name of the door I was in to 'OC The afk room'. I then went to eat and came back faced with the ban. My point being this is the first time the major severity of what I did was pointed out and I was completely unaware until now. I feel this is down too the misleading kick the first time I was caught.
  • Unlike most other perm bans I have seen I wasn't aware of the true consequence of what I did for the ban. From what I saw if I was caught I would be kicked and maybe blacklisted from whatever job I was at the time. Like I said earlier I wouldn't bend the rules too far over the line. However I did but wasn't aware of it. This is why I requested clarification since I didn't think the reason was this because of the first punishment I received. 
  • I didn't do it to 'gain an advantage ' over other players. I don't see how a little extra time counts as an advantage. But that's just me. The only reason I did it was so I could come back to a place on the server to do some RP with friends. I didn't want to get kicked whilst I was eating because I would have lost that place and had to wait an unknown amount of time to get back on. And by that point possibly not having any time to do anything anyway. I learn my lessons from all bans that I see fair and I respect an admins choice to take certain things away in a black list or a firm warning which I feel I never received prior to this ban. I am not blaming Laurenz for this since he couldn't warm somebody who wasn't there and was clearly breaking a rule. Thats why I ask for forgiveness now and ask you remove/reduce the ban on the reason I had no intention of causing trouble which would ruin other peoples experiences or getting myself banned. I feel like an innocent person who has committed a crime I wasn't aware I was committing. On a scale of what I thought I was doing, I thought I was doing for example a minor speeding offence compared to full on genocide which is where it was on the scale. To prove I am not a ban member of the cominity you would have to ask people I hang around and they (i dont thing) wont say I am a minge or a person to be disliked. Yesterday when writing the ban request I received multiple messages on steam to ask how and what in the hell did I do to get a ban. People obviously as surprised as I was to see the ban. However accepting this may not be enough to prove my social status on the server since people I know could potentially be bias I would like to use the other time I was nearly permanently banned for an exploit like incident. This was a few weeks ago when I first met just roleplaying as a police officer (not at the time of the incident but it was a common role for him at that point). The corliones had the villas area blockaded with cars and had just finished up winning a fight with the police force. To get close and not get shot I decided to improvise a 'surrender flag' out of a dupe I had brought of somebody which was 3 coloured tires with different trails on them. I deleted two and coloured the third as white and carried it above my head to the blockade. We managed to get past because we was friends with the leader and resumed our course to the lake to fish. After a moment of walking I deleted the prop and went walking with rage. I was then teleported away to above a villa house by who I am pretty certain was raptor. At first I didn't know what was going on so asked raptor why I was there (maybe not directly but I think I said 'yes?' ) and he started explaining how he could issue me with a permanent ban for the prop I was just using. I explained to him that I was a dupe I thought was cool and bought off somebody for 10k for me to use. He then said that props with trails were not allowed and asked me to delete it. I deleted it (not being happy of course because it was cool but expensive but raptor was just doing his job so I didnt complain) without question and was teleported back to where I was. I was warned about what I did, cooperated appropriately and never did anything like that again.
    I learn from my mistakes like I did from raptor and then don't do them again because I understand why they can't be. I promise I will learn from this one and I give you my word it will NEVER happen again. I didn't make this macro specifically for fearless and after this will NEVER use it again. In the case I do (Which will NOT happen since I am giving you my word now) you can take what I said here. I promise to not make the same error again and beg for a second chance. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope we can come to a fair solution given the circumstances. (PS- Story's I said may not be 100% accurate. My apology's to raptor if I got something wrong in the story with him. I may have missed some details I can't remember. )
Edit: If you have any questions to ask me that will help you to come to a conclusion I beg you ask so I don't get misunderstood.
*Bumped to indicate I have responded. This was not first indicated when I edited the other post and the forum still indicated I had not responded. If I am however wrong to make this bump then I also apologize for this and hope it doesn't effect my case as I did it to be of use to the people reviewing this case.*
Quote:[Image: FgBnpKX.png]
I find your post ironic since you are clearly not involved but have not been warned for breaking the forum rule of don't post on unban requests your not involved in. As far as I recall the veteran rank makes you a respected member of everybody else. Nevertheless still just like any other member but for some reason hasn't been punished like one.
Wiped - Sorry, Flame, veteran or not, you can't just butt into someone else's case and harm their defence when you aren't involved.
[Image: cuAfUK9.gif]
Its not that I didn't know the rules. I knew the rules perfectly fine. Its the fact I was kicked for something I wasn't aware to be a major rule breakage. Therefor misleading me into me thinking that there wasn't a rule that meant I would be banned for what I did. And what? Its not like I go out of my way to break serious rules. And I would expect the admin team to listen to what I have to say before a finite choice is made on banning such a dedicated member with not much of a record for previous bans. Its not that I'm expecting special treatment, but I also don't expect to be treated like every other minge who goes out of their way to fuck things up. But on the topic of special treatment I kinda expect that now too since you have broken the forum rules twice to try to get me permanently banned and nobody is batting an eye. You clearly stating what any admin would know in an attempt to keep me banned. Now I don't know what your problem is but I'm sure this falls under the category of back seat admin and I expect something to be done about it.
Our AFK-kick system is there to give everyone a chance to play on our servers, and if you bypass it with a macro then you're being unfair to other players and taking up a slot on the server. You should certainly be punished for this. However, I think a permanent suspension is too much; I find it hard to classify a macro as "hacks, cheats or exploits" when it doesn't hack the server, offer you an in-game advantage, or exploit a fault in our system. The system wasn't compromised, you just used a macro your end to bypass it - the exact same as when people go afk for 10 minutes, press a key, and afk again. The macro is extreme, though - perhaps a month would be more appropriate?
I will set down terms of your appeal being approved, whether you accept them is up to you.

1. You will be put on your last chance, this means you clean your act and make sure not to break rules any further
2. You will still have a two month ban to wait out
3. You agree never to use any exploits or macros on our server again.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator