Admin Looked At The Evidence All Wrong
Your name: (Steam friends name) Martyn

Your ban ID: (Number of the ban, this could be 2779 for example) 58495

Banned by: (Please use the staff member's full name with [FL]/[FL:M] tag) [FL] Raptor

Reason: (Why were you banned, what is listed as the reason?) FailRP, mugging as a high class criminal outside the nexus (Street Crime Rules)

Involved: (Who was involved? Type a - when there were no other people involved except you and the staff member.) Razz

Why we should unban you: (A motivation why we should unban you, or why your ban should be shortened)

Ok so first of all the reason I was banned States FailRP which in any case it was not. I am not sure where Raptpr has actually got the FailRP part from, or the mugging part as I read through the ban request and at no point was it actually stated that's what the report was about so u am unsure where this actually came from.

I shall begin where it all started. For some reason or other I was floating around outside the Nexus when a new player walks up to me and pulls out a glock. Not sure why however, right outside the Nexus door. He said nothing and just stared at me with it. A car drove past and he turned around so I took out my pistol that I had already and pointed it at him. He ran off. Next thing we have Razz running over to me, who by the way is also a crimina, shouting how he is going to tell the cops, Of which there was none. So I waited until he came out the Nexus and took my pistol back out and threatened him for attempting to snitch on me. He said he wasn't scared of my pistol so I pulled out my M4 and said what about now ? My words to him where snitches get killed get out of my face. To which he did. Now, I do not understand how this came to be a mugging. I only used voice chat twice and the rest will show in the chat logs. I personally do not feel that Raptor read the ban request at all and instead just looked at the photo. Also I don't think he bothered to read any of my comments. I also feel that a 24 hour ban is harsh for this. Especially with it being my first offence for any street crime rules at all. And I normally RP street crime pretty well. Even a blacklist from weapons, although technically I never killed anyone just used them to back up my threat.

To conclude I would like this to be discussed and how Raptor came to the decision that I was mugging him. I have already PM'd Raptor about this and I do not want the Ban reason changed, as that is what I have been banned for, and that is what I did not do.

I'd like to thank whoever takes the time to read over this appeal. And please Raptor if you could explain why I have been banned for an offence that was neither committed or reported that would be greatly appreciated.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your first action was to draw a handgun in self-defence and to ensure your own safety - this part was ok.

However, afterwards you then pulled out an automatic rifle and threatened to kill him with it, right in front of the police force's headquarters, the most heavily policed part of the map. Now, I can understand Raptor's mistake in marking it as a mugging, it is used a lot as a term, especially if you were a criminal, but the FailRP part and violation of street crime rules does definitely still count. What do you think street crime means? Just mugging? The definition quite literally means crime occurring on the streets, and in this case you broke the law by threatening to kill someone with a rifle in front of the police headquarters. That is a very clear violation of street crime rules 1 and 2, and so your ban is well deserved.
I fail to understand Faustie how that can be considered as FailRP I do not think I am getting my point across. I had already been in the nexus. There was no one about I hadn't seen any cops patrolling the street and I of course checked before I proceded to do this. Now as I mentioned and as you state the self defence part was fine. However when I did that this Razz guy, who's job as I may point out was a "wealthy criminal" shouted he was gonna tell the cops and ran into the nexus. Now as a criminal myself I was rather taken aback by this threat so waited on the guy to return. Originally gun was away again. I noticed he came out with no police, no SRU no law, no nothing. So assumed therefore no one was there, or listening to him. So I decided to threaten him with the pistol. To which he replied im not scared of that, which in my eyes is a violation of FearRP in itself. So I decided to up the anti, very concious if any cops did come and replied what about now ? I said snitches get killed, warned him and told him to get out my sight. And put the gun away.

I knew fine well what I was doing. And also k we fine well that if there was any cops then I would have been arrested or shot down. But due to my previous "casing" as you will of the surrounding area. I knew that there was none. So decided to do it.

The mugging part, this isn't a phrase that's thrown around a lot and if it is, it probably shouldn't be as mugging is mugging, demanding a ransom, steeling, none of which I performed.
Also if I may throw this in to the equation. How is a "wealthy criminal" running to the tell cops when they see a gun not FailRP also ?
The suspension is now over. However I know both Raptor and Faustie have read this before the suspension was over and it seems as though it has been deliberately put off. Which is sad if it is the case. Regardless of the suspension now being over I still wish to contest this mugging part as it is on my record and is incorrect.
You are a criminal, you don't want to get caught yet you threaten someone with a weapon right outside the nexus.
Which is still not mugging as you put down in the ban reason. Also did you genuinely read through the report. Because at no point did it mention mugging. Where did that come from ? And secondly. As I mentioned above "had already been in the nexus. There was no one about I hadn't seen any cops patrolling the street and I of course checked before I proceded to do this"

so the getting caught part was not going to happen.

Still no one has answered my question in regards to the FailRP or possible FailRP of the person that submitted the report.
The ban reason is going to be changed however the ban is valid, considering that you don't want to get caught as a criminal. you've commited a crime right outside the nexus, even if you think that there is no one or no police around or in the nexus it is still a public place.
I am contesting the reason I was banned. Merely changing the ban reason isn't really good enough. It's an easy way out for the admins in my opinion instead of fessing up that they were wrong.
Current ban reason: FailRP, mugging as a high class criminal outside the nexus (Street Crime Rules)
Now let us remove the part that Raptor wrote down wrong
New ban reason: FailRP (Street Crime Rules)

Do you see what you've done wrong here? Street crime rule 1 specifically states "You may only commit street crime in realistic areas (ie. The slums or the Industrial district - anywhere which is far from the government)." Threatening to murder someone with an automatic weapon outside the nexus is crime, and it is not in a realistic area.