Upgrade CPU or GTA V for PC?
So, my birthday is coming up. I've been given £50 to spend. I have recently read about the requirements for GTA V, and I realise that I need at least a quad core. In my PC build, I was on a tight budget, so I bought a moderate to good GPU, but then I noticed that I didn't have money for a good quad core cpu, so I only bought a dual core. So, should I use that £50 to buy a quad core CPU and wait until I get my own money to get GTA V for the PC, or should I buy GTA V and play it on a lower graphics setting?
Could you give your current system specs? Also, £50 doesn't buy a quad core, need at least £150 for an i5, and at least another £150-£170 for a decent GPU, (GTX 960 when it comes out, or gtx 760)
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
Nobody wants a game that won't work good.

I suggest you upgrade your CPU.
(01-17-2015, 06:45 PM)Tandy Wrote: Could you give your current system specs? Also, £50 doesn't buy a quad core, need at least £150 for an i5, and at least another £150-£170 for a decent GPU, (GTX 960 when it comes out, or gtx 760)
Well, I did find a pretty cheap quad core cpu from AMD for ~£50 on Amazon.
I'm more experienced with GPUs, so I'm pretty sure my GTX 650 ti is good enough to play on a medium-ish - high settings, but the big problem is my CPU. I'll upgrade my GPU later. Do you think that the 650 ti is worth keeping or should I upgrade it over my CPU?
Save. Then you can buy a decent CPU with a little time. £50 is too little for a good CPU, and way too overpriced for a game. Seeing as it's a re-release, it's highly likely that it'll be on sale soon anyway.
CPU. You've gotta have a quad core if you want to get many good years of gaming from it.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep