GHOSTK1LL3R UBR
Your name: (Steam friends name)

GHOSTK1LL3R
Your ban ID: (Number of the ban, this could be 2779 for example)
Banned by: (Please use the staff member's full name with [FL]/[FL:M] tag)
Nevy along with Decay 
Reason: (Why were you banned, what is listed as the reason?)
'FailRP/RDM - Killing Officers for not opening checkpoint - 6 Killings Total
Involved: (Who was involved? Type a - when there were no other people involved except you and the staff member.)
Myself, Nevy, Decay
Why we should unban you: (A motivation why we should unban you, or why your ban should be shortened)

Ok backplot:
There was a dictator on the server and I was going to remove the dictator from throne but I know I needed back-up first. so I was going to the Corleones for help. The video will show you next.

FailRP - How was this FailRP? I could of done one of two things. I could of either gone straight through that checkpoint by ramming it or I could of PassiveRP'ed out. Let me add something a few days ago a player called 'Edned' got banned for:'attempting to bate police'(http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=56640).I bring this up because surely me RAMMING through the checkpoint would be bating police to chase me? And wouldn't it also be braking the unwritten rule that you must try and PassiveRP it out before ramming the checkpoint down? I stopped at the checkpoint because I wanted to get through WITHOUT getting into agressiveRP. When I tried the passiveRP way of getting through did not work I resulted to killing them to get through. 

RDM: How was this RDM? RDM stands for 'Random Death Match' I only killed who I needed to kill and that was it. I did as you can see from the video NOT kill the Civilians at-all, I moved around them trying to keep casualties to a low.  

'Killing Officers for not opening checkpoint - 6 Killings Total' Decay and Nevy said that 'I should of rammed the checkpoint'. You have to have a VERY good reason to ramm a checkpoint and I saw a chance that I could PassiveRP it out by going through the checkpoint without killing anyone. If you watch the video one of them says' Don't let him through' and they put their guns to the side. At this point I had given them enough chances to let me through of which they didn't so I had to do the only option that was available to me and that was to shoot me because if I didn't they would of put me under FearRP, told me to get out found out that I wasn't government and then tortured me to find out who I was working for.

I feel that this ban is not just considering I took all the possible options available to me to passiveRP it out rather than ramm through the check point and be killed. I hoped they'd let me through considering I look government with the gas mask. I find I went the right way around this situation rather than going up to the checkpoint and ramming it to the ground(Just to note, this is what I 'should of done' according to Nevy and Decay. After this I will be posting an admin abuse thread for them not knowing how to RP considering they feel that I should not going the passiveRP way around). Also on the point of ramming the gates, I had no reason to. I didn't have a warrant and nor was I being followed. So why would I ram through it? I did what I felt best was the situation and for this I have been punished.

'3. Is promoting aggressiveRP not allowed?

It really depends on the situation. We don't want people turning our servers into Team Deathmatch. If you try to ie manipulate people and facts just so people start killing each other, then this ruins for a lot of passiveRPs. If you put down contraband and then try to get the cops to raid you because you want action, then this is failRP. 
Promoting aggressiveRP is something that we definitely look down upon, and even punish in some cases where it's fit and it causes for failRP and rule-breakage. As I said at the start though, it really depends on the situation.'

The bold is Enzyme an admin's view on the aggressive as he states and I quite' We don't want people turning our servers into a Team Deathmatch'. This is what I tried not to do, I went to the checkpoint and gave ID trying to get through. I said I was goverment because I had a gas mask on and it would be more likely for a gas-masked man to be government rather than something that isn't government. 

Also: Note the reason I killed them at the checkpoint was because they pulled out a gun to their side so I got a gun out and pulled a gun on them of which they pointed their gun on me so I shot first before they could shoot me.

-Ghost
Right. So. First things first, I told you that you were doing the correct thing by tying to RP it out, The reason they wouldnt let you through is because your name wasnt staed on the ID ( your name was unit #something) This being said, you had no warrant on you, so why would they arrest you? Did they have a reason for it? were they looking for you? After them not letting you through becasue of the name thing, you got out and shot them, wich is not a valid reason to kill someone.

From what I understood you killed them for the following reasons: Not letting you through the checkpoint, and for possible being arrested.
[Image: tumblr_oq4diiJxBR1uo87guo1_500.gif]
Why would they arrest me? I went up to the check point claiming to be government. Why did I do this? It would be very hard for me to come up with a reason for a person that is not wanting to kill the president as an excuse for what I am wearing I so said I was government, this is why they could arrest me. Equally, prior to this I did infiltrate the nexus(Armed) looking for the president(I posted an advert saying that I'd attack the nexus and anyone inside armed would be shot).

Equally, if you watch the footage, I equally told them to let me through multiple times, and finally one of them went into the booth to let me go through, at that point he then said 'don't let him through' and came up to my car. As I had lied to them that I was government and as I was equipped with full kevlar, a gas mask, and a military uniform there is far more for myself to fear than just getting arrest. The chances are that my character could be tortured. So I go out of the car and pulled my gun to them FIRST. Watch, I pulled my gun first and if you watch I ONLY shot when he lifted his gun at me.I was hoping that I could force them under FearRP to let me go through but I couldn't considering he pulled his gun up(Also note he broke FearRP forcing me to shoot.). Please don't say 'I should of called an admin' because I didn't have time to do any of that because the motions was flowing so fast. Equally, when I have a gun to him and he has a gun to me. FearRP is the same EXCEPT I have a gun that pumps out a lot more stronger caliber bullets and more and not to mention I am trained for events like this unlike a policeman.

Equally, how else was I to get through the checkpoint?I had one of few options:
- Ram down the checkpoint(going straight into aggressive RP)
- Run up to the checkpoint, kill them without talking and then go through
- RP me way out

I chose the best option to avoid conflict and for this I have been shunned.

Additionally, I would like to know why Nevy decided to place a ban on something he didn't even witness. This wasn't even the reason he stopped me the reason he stopped me was for shooting him which isn't what I was banned for. I don't see why Nevy decided to go ahead and ban on something he had no evidence on. A blacklist should of been the minimal 'ban' he could place considering he didn't even see the events occur and his only point while talking to him was that 'I had an invalid reason' even though I had a MASSIVE reason to shoot.

-Ghost
Quote:Why would they arrest me? I went up to the check point claiming to be government. Why did I do this? It would be very hard for me to come up with a reason for a person that is not wanting to kill the president as an excuse for what I am wearing I so said I was government, this is why they could arrest me. Equally, prior to this I did infiltrate the nexus(Armed) looking for the president(I posted an advert saying that I'd attack the nexus and anyone inside armed would be shot).

The Gas Mask suit does not identify you as a person trying to kill the President. As you well know, it prevents them from identifying you. Them looking at your job title would be metagaming. You say that another reason for the killings was because there was the possibility that you could have been arrested for impersonating a government official, which is completely FailRP. 

Quote:Equally, if you watch the footage, I equally told them to let me through multiple times, and finally one of them went into the booth to let me go through, at that point he then said 'don't let him through' and came up to my car. As I had lied to them that I was government and as I was equipped with full kevlar, a gas mask, and a military uniform there is far more for myself to fear than just getting arrest. The chances are that my character could be tortured. So I go out of the car and pulled my gun to them FIRST. Watch, I pulled my gun first and if you watch I ONLY shot when he lifted his gun at me.I was hoping that I could force them under FearRP to let me go through but I couldn't considering he pulled his gun up(Also note he broke FearRP forcing me to shoot.). Please don't say 'I should of called an admin' because I didn't have time to do any of that because the motions was flowing so fast. Equally, when I have a gun to him and he has a gun to me. FearRP is the same EXCEPT I have a gun that pumps out a lot more stronger caliber bullets and more and not to mention I am trained for events like this unlike a policeman.

If you also watch the footage, the officer had a firearm to his side (in his hand) and you jumping out and pulling a gun would be considered a violation of FearRP yourself. In the video, I see you shooting first but that is besides the point. 

Quote:Equally, how else was I to get through the checkpoint?I had one of few options:
- RP me way out

Sadly, you chose the worst option. I don't see how you associate AggressiveRP with running down the Checkpoint and do not think the same of "Killing them without talking". You clearly had no intention to RP and only had the desire to shoot every government person on sight. This was not acceptable considering the lack of a reason.

Quote:Additionally, I would like to know why Nevy decided to place a ban on something he didn't even witness. This wasn't even the reason he stopped me the reason he stopped me was for shooting him which isn't what I was banned for. I don't see why Nevy decided to go ahead and ban on something he had no evidence on. A blacklist should of been the minimal 'ban' he could place considering he didn't even see the events occur and his only point while talking to him was that 'I had an invalid reason' even though I had a MASSIVE reason to shoot.

Both Decay and myself took on this investigation. He was observing the events before I was as I had joined in after you shot me on sight when I was simply driving down a tunnel and saw your car stopped and before I could react you shot me down with a Galil. Your reasoning for this was that I was a threat? Regardless, I was within full ability to handle this punishment because not only was I briefed on the events that unfolded but you had also admitted to all of it. Logs showed all the killings and when asked for a reason you simply said because they did not open the checkpoint. 

Overall the events that unfolded led to extensive FailRP and collateral RDM. The reason behind your killings was invalid. Your video now serves as evidence in the Courthouse and will be used to support this ban. No further comment from me.
(01-17-2015, 07:55 PM)Nevy Wrote:
Quote:Why would they arrest me? I went up to the check point claiming to be government. Why did I do this? It would be very hard for me to come up with a reason for a person that is not wanting to kill the president as an excuse for what I am wearing I so said I was government, this is why they could arrest me. Equally, prior to this I did infiltrate the nexus(Armed) looking for the president(I posted an advert saying that I'd attack the nexus and anyone inside armed would be shot).

The Gas Mask suit does not identify you as a person trying to kill the President. As you well know, it prevents them from identifying you. Them looking at your job title would be metagaming. You say that another reason for the killings was because there was the possibility that you could have been arrested for impersonating a government official, which is completely FailRP. 

How is it failRP? There was a dictator at the time, If I was to say that I wasn't working for the government then I am sure they'd assume that I was wanting to kill the dictator( also this is what Enzyme says about gas masks: 'The gas-mask suit is well... someone in a gas-mask and heavy protection. This being a bulletproof vest and a military grade hazmat suit. You don't see people in real life just walking casually around in full battle-gear and gas-mask. This would cause people to become nervous and afraid. ' so pretending to be someone that works for the government is a lot easier and as you quite rightly said'Them looking at your job title would be metagaming' so how is impersonating the wrong choice?)arrest me which is FailRP because I am not wanting to be arrested.  

Quote:Equally, if you watch the footage, I equally told them to let me through multiple times, and finally one of them went into the booth to let me go through, at that point he then said 'don't let him through' and came up to my car. As I had lied to them that I was government and as I was equipped with full kevlar, a gas mask, and a military uniform there is far more for myself to fear than just getting arrest. The chances are that my character could be tortured. So I go out of the car and pulled my gun to them FIRST. Watch, I pulled my gun first and if you watch I ONLY shot when he lifted his gun at me.I was hoping that I could force them under FearRP to let me go through but I couldn't considering he pulled his gun up(Also note he broke FearRP forcing me to shoot.). Please don't say 'I should of called an admin' because I didn't have time to do any of that because the motions was flowing so fast. Equally, when I have a gun to him and he has a gun to me. FearRP is the same EXCEPT I have a gun that pumps out a lot more stronger caliber bullets and more and not to mention I am trained for events like this unlike a policeman.

If you also watch the footage, the officer had a firearm to his side (in his hand) and you jumping out and pulling a gun would be considered a violation of FearRP yourself. In the video, I see you shooting first but that is besides the point. 

Well now it seems that you yourself don't even know the rules.
'
  1. Follow FearRP. You can't attack a person who has a gun (or tazer) pointed at you, while you are unarmed, you must roleplay being afraid of the gun. 

'

That has been quoted off the rules note the 'pointed at you' it seems yourself lacking knowledge of the rules. 

Quote:Equally, how else was I to get through the checkpoint?I had one of few options:
- RP me way out

Sadly, you chose the worst option. I don't see how you associate AggressiveRP with running down the Checkpoint and do not think the same of "Killing them without talking". You clearly had no intention to RP and only had the desire to shoot every government person on sight. This was not acceptable considering the lack of a reason.

So let me get this stright, me smashing down a checkpoint isn't aggressive RP? Do we play on the same server? People are shot and killed, both in real life and in game for breaking a checkpoint that is why I proceeded to stop at the checkpoint following PassiveRP until I possibly can.
You also say that I 'clearly had no intention to RP' Proof to back this up? In the video you quite clearly see my stopping at the checkpoint(As thats how you're meant to ROLEPLAY a checkpoint) and following protocol) and following their commands until the very final chance of me getting out. 

Quote:Additionally, I would like to know why Nevy decided to place a ban on something he didn't even witness. This wasn't even the reason he stopped me the reason he stopped me was for shooting him which isn't what I was banned for. I don't see why Nevy decided to go ahead and ban on something he had no evidence on. A blacklist should of been the minimal 'ban' he could place considering he didn't even see the events occur and his only point while talking to him was that 'I had an invalid reason' even though I had a MASSIVE reason to shoot.

Both Decay and myself took on this investigation. He was observing the events before I was as I had joined in after you shot me on sight when I was simply driving down a tunnel and saw your car stopped and before I could react you shot me down with a Galil. Your reasoning for this was that I was a threat? Regardless, I was within full ability to handle this punishment because not only was I briefed on the events that unfolded but you had also admitted to all of it. Logs showed all the killings and when asked for a reason you simply said because they did not open the checkpoint. 

So why didn't Decay act straight away when he saw me 'FailRP' and 'RDM'. You seem so adamant that I RDM'd 5 people but it seems that if Decay was watching( and he was fully aware of the situation if he was watching) that he didn't stop me. Interesting this, considering the only difference I see is that I killed you and not him(This is when you acted on myself was after me shooting the car) 

Overall the events that unfolded led to extensive FailRP and collateral RDM. The reason behind your killings was invalid. Your video now serves as evidence in the Courthouse and will be used to support this ban. No further comment from me.

To conclude mods are chosen because they know the rules but from this it seems that you evidently don't considering you assume that a gun pointed on the floor is FearRP and that running down a barricade isn't agressiveRP.
I would like to request who and why my ban has been put to 7 days considering my reasoning is valid and I equally haven't committed any rules breakage on purpose.
Having a weapon pointed at the ground can still classify under FearRP.

I suggest you read the following thread which was made by a staff member that has now resigned.

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=42172

FearRP is simply the concept that you should value your life and would not do anything to jeopardize it. Having his weapon pointed at the ground would technically give him the upper hand in a situation as he would be able to quickly point it at you before you could pull a gun out. 

But do not change the subject, this ban was issued on the basis surrounding the killing of the officers because of an invalid reason and the number of people that you had to kill as a result of that incident.

And another thing to note is that they in no way indicated that you were going to be arrested. Therefore using that as an excuse will not work and neither will indicating that running through a checkpoint is less Aggressive than killing the officers who are running the checkpoint. AggressiveRP is permitted but killing those officers with an invalid reason is not.

My statement that you had no intention to RP was based on the fact that you chose to kill all officers without even saying anything. Shooting me inside my vehicle while I was driving through the tunnel and killing all government officials that were running away from you. You killed both officers while they were using chat to talk and were completely vulnerable.

Question my knowledge of the rules all you want, but I believe you are the one that needs to take some time to better understand what FailRP is and how your actions were in violation of our rules due to the fact that your reason was unacceptable.
(01-17-2015, 10:23 PM)Nevy Wrote: Having a weapon pointed at the ground can still classify under FearRP.

You say 'can' how 'can' it. It's either yes or no. Stop trying to find holes in my story

I suggest you read the following thread which was made by a staff member that has now resigned.

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=42172

FearRP is simply the concept that you should value your life and would not do anything to jeopardize it. Having his weapon pointed at the ground would technically give him the upper hand in a situation as he would be able to quickly point it at you before you could pull a gun out. 

I have Kevlar(And kevlar would EASILY stop that bullet that a cop would be held with so if you really want to go onto the FearRP concept I win FearRP a lot more than the cop

But do not change the subject, this ban was issued on the basis surrounding the killing of the officers because of an invalid reason and the number of people that you had to kill as a result of that incident.

The killing of the police was situational. I was forced to shoot. I followed their orders until they took it too far. 

And another thing to note is that they in no way indicated that you were going to be arrested. Therefore using that as an excuse will not work and neither will indicating that running through a checkpoint is less Aggressive than killing the officers who are running the checkpoint. AggressiveRP is permitted but killing those officers with an invalid reason is not.
I am sorry, but did you watch the video? Are you on purpose turning a blind eye to them saying 'Don't let him through'. What did you deduct from this? What do you think they'll do when they BOTH are at my car and after not letting me go through the checkpoint.

'but killing those officers with an invalid reason is not.'...What? How do you deduct this? It was extremely valid, are you yet again merely avoiding what I say everytime? You seem to ignore what I say in my other posts to make me sound wrong. As you seem to be turning a blind eye to my points I will repost them here so you can read them.

' Let me add something a few days ago a player called 'Edned' got banned for:'attempting to bate police'(http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=56640).I bring this up because surely me RAMMING through the checkpoint would be bating police to chase me? And wouldn't it also be braking the unwritten rule that you must try and PassiveRP it out before ramming the checkpoint down? I stopped at the checkpoint because I wanted to get through WITHOUT getting into agressiveRP. When I tried the passiveRP way of getting through did not work I resulted to killing them to get through.'

My statement that you had no intention to RP was based on the fact that you chose to kill all officers without even saying anything. Shooting me inside my vehicle while I was driving through the tunnel and killing all government officials that were running away from you. You killed both officers while they were using chat to talk and were completely vulnerable.

Without saying anything? It was quite obvious that they wasn't going to let me go. If they was going to abide FearRP because I had a galil pointed to their head and I was clearly trained and well armed with all of my clothing on I could of pursued RP but as you can clearly see this was not the case. You seem to turn yet again a blind eye to this and only focusing on anything that favours your argument and not considering the other side for the cops.  Thats metagaming is it not? I am pretty sure they don't type in real life so me 'assuming' that they're typing would be metagaming. Equally, in real life if they was to be sending a radio message, it wouldn't say on the top of their head' typing' so I took them out when I though they was looking the wrong way. 

Question my knowledge of the rules all you want, but I believe you are the one that needs to take some time to better understand what FailRP is and how your actions were in violation of our rules due to the fact that your reason was unacceptable.

So far all you do is throw the same excuses for my ban which are in no way valid to the situation. You merely forget the fact that I decided to RP this out and are looking for a way to ban me which is pathetic. 

I am requesting a neutral admin that is neither friend of Nevy nor friend of myself(which is literally any admin as I am friends to conclude this) because I can see bias occurring in this UBR.
There is no bias here, but I agree that another staff member can post a concluding statement. My summary will be as follows :

User committed FailRP by instead of ramming through the checkpoint, decided to kill the officers at a checkpoint simply because one of them said "do not let him through" 

User then killed the responding SRU Agents and Officers 

User committed 6 killings in total, two officers as a result of FailRP in killing them for not letting him through and the rest were collateral killings as a result from officers and SRU responding to the scene.

Video posted in Courthouse will serve as evidence to show the actions that are being questioned in this Unban Request.
My concluding statement:

I did not break FearRP:
[Image: SabKqQf.png]

I did not commit FailRP I RP'd the checkpoint how you're meant to rather than ramming a checkpoint which is blatant FailRP(also, another reason for me not ramming the checkpoint was that I had seen that it had to be faded to open and I wasn't going to take the chance of ramming into[what I knew was frozen] prop and myself burning into ashes[equally FailRP also as why would I want to suicide my character]) and I took action because they equally was starting to get aggressive to myself and equally was not going to let me through the checkpoint. If I was to ram the checkpoint a shoot out would of still occoured because they would of shot me for going through the checkpoint without giving ID which IS FailRP as it would of resulted in my character's death and if not very low HP of which I'd have to shoot my way out

On a side note here is someone getting banned for having frozen props:
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php...checkpoint

The killing of the SRU agents and the officers was justified due to them responding to the shooting and proceeding to myself to take me out.

No RDM was committed nor FailRP due to myself going to right way around situation rather than flying into the frozen props into the road.