Evo City - Volunteer Firefighter Corps
[Image: 8198869eef.jpg]
Founded 1937 in association with Downtown Motors.

Evo City - Volunteer Firefighter Corps
"When they walk through the gates of hell.... We'll be waiting with a hoseline." ~Evo City Volunteer Fire Co.

What do you do?

A volunteer fire department is a fire department composed of volunteers who perform fire suppression and other related emergency serviecs for a local jurisdiction.
The first large organized force of firefighters was the Corps of Vigiles, established in ancient Rome in 6 AD.

The term "volunteer" contrasts with career firefighters who are fully compensated for their services. Some volunteer firefighters may be part of a combination fire department that utilizes both full-time and volunteer firefighters. In this way, a station can be regularly staffed for rapid response with apparatus, and the volunteers provide supplementary staffing and staffed apparatus before, during, and after an incident, or while the full-time career staff are out of service doing training.

The term "volunteer" may also be used in reference to a group of part-time or on-call firefighters who may have other occupations when not engaged in occasional firefighting. Although they may have "volunteered" to become members, and to respond to the call for help, they are compensated as employees during the time they are responding to or attending an emergency scene, and possibly for training. An on-call firefighter may also volunteer time for other non-emergency duties as well (training, fundraising, equipment maintenance, etc.).

Local Department:

The local volunteer fire department was founded in 1975 by current Fire Chief, Gregory Zamperini. After nearly shutting down several years in a row due to exceeding budget, he promised to never give up on the corps. In 1987 he signed contacted by a William Smith, CEO of Downtown Motors.(1937~2014) He was touched by Gregory's story and decided to pay for a complete revamp of the local corps. That day, Gregory knew that The Volunteer Firefighter Corps had a future in Evo City. 

Unfortunately, William Smith passed away not many months after the project was finished. If it wasn't for him we would not be here today, doing what we do. On behalf of the Evo City Volunteer Firefighter Corps and Evo City Fire Department, we sends our deepest and most sincere condolences. 

William Smith - 1937 ~ 1988

After Williams generous project the corps soon had fully functional equipment and brand new engines. Since then, they have been assisting Evo City Fire Department by supressing fires in and around Evo City. Hopefully they can continue doing so for many years.

Activity in Evo City:

Here are a few pictures of the Volunteer Fire Station in Evo City. Note: These pictures are taken by Firefighters.

In Evo City's department we currently have 4 volunteer firefighters, all are listed below.

Fire Chief - Gregory 'Shahmen' Zamperini 

Assistant Chief - Jack 'Reebs' Mondays

Fire Marshall - Joseph 'SirWulf' Wulf

Engineer - Cody 'TheCasanova' Williams

Firefighter - Jack 'Madi' Smith
Firefighter - Unknown (Forgot the name)
Firefighter - Unknown (Forgot the name)

(Note: Everyone participated, but at different occasions)

On behalf of Evo City - Volunteer Firefighter Corps we wish everyone the best in the future and remember, we will be here, at your service!

"When they walk through the gates of hell... We'll be waiting with a hoseline." ~Evo City Volunteer Fire Co.

Fire Station front facade.

Equipment and engine maintenance area.

Close up of the Fire Engine sponsered by Downtown Motors.

Voluntary firefighters, Joseph and Geoff hard at work. Picture taken by Gregory.

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
Saw the RP whilst I was on, Great work folks!
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
The following 1 user Likes dig's post:
  • equal
Looks good, glad to see proper fire & medic dep RPs!
The following 1 user Likes Greed^'s post:
  • equal
It was fun.  It is rare that I see other firefighters on when I am on, let alone willing to organize.  I enjoyed being a part of it and hope to see it more often!
Fighting fires so you don't have to.

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:5102768&b=13]
I thought I saw some ECFD guys on, didn't have time to check it out though!
Shahmen, I see you forgot the Truck Numbers. I'll just put then in here.
602(Cheif)- Gregory Zamperini
602A(Asst. Cheif)- Jack "Reebs" Mondays
621(Captain of truck 621)- SirWulf

On another note: I enjoyed this RP. Hope we can do it again sometime.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
From the Chief's desk
Cheif Zamperini has unfortuneately left service and has been given the honorable rank of Past Chief. Everyone is moved up one rank, effective immidiately.
Sincerely,
Chief Jack Mondays
ECVFC
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]