Rules- Q&A 3.0
(01-11-2015, 11:39 PM)Dauntless Wrote: 1. Are cops allowed to wear suits for detectiveRP? I know you could go Citizen and change your job title etc, but cop has the handcuss etc. I have seen an an admin saying cops can never wear suits.

They are allowed with prior staff permission, however it is preferable that you do this roleplay as citizen.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
The following 1 user Likes dig's post:
  • Dauntless
(01-12-2015, 01:35 AM)Temar Wrote: your defending your self from arrest.. i see no issue with it
Since when has this been allowed? Again, i've seen people get punished for "RDM"ing to avoid arrest/getting their friends to kill cops to avoid arrest.
The following 1 user Likes Greed^'s post:
  • Dauntless
(01-12-2015, 08:21 AM)Greed^ Wrote:
(01-12-2015, 01:35 AM)Temar Wrote: your defending your self from arrest.. i see no issue with it
Since when has this been allowed? Again, i've seen people get punished for "RDM"ing to avoid arrest/getting their friends to kill cops to avoid arrest.

This is something that depends on your character and job.

A Corleone Member (Mafia) would commit such a serious crime as to kill an officer to prevent himself or having his mafia-brother going to jail.
The same cannot be said for a normal average citizen. When your job is "Citizen" then you're a normal law-abiding citizen, and not a hard-core mafia-member or a gangster.

So to sum it up:
A normal citizen wouldn't kill a cop to prevent his friend or himself being arrested.
The same would be said for ie a Chauffeur or a Doctor.
Someone like mafia-members (Corleone), Rebels and Black Market Dealers would might do this though.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
I think Ghost Killers question was is Narc's official standing on dictatorship thread still valid?
About that you cant climb on other people to reach destinations...
What about a highly trained S.W.A.T-team roleplay? Would they be allowed to climb on each other to get to destinations, like climbing over a fence, as long as they have the permission (and search warrant)?
(01-12-2015, 04:16 PM)Raptor Wrote: It is FailRP for a criminal/don corleone to be in his car yelling at police calling them pigs so they could chase him, and what you two did was very clear.

Which rule are we talking about here? No rule says you can't bait police, no rule says you can't do it as corleone.
(01-12-2015, 06:57 PM)Charlie4kwl Wrote: I think Ghost Killers question was is Narc's official standing on dictatorship thread still valid?
I heard from an admin that there is a massive debate going on in the admin forums regarding standing on dictatorships, so i would presume the standing beeing changed/updated when its done. But as of now its still valid.
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
Question:

If you're working as the President's Guard (and you're using the Security Guard job slot), and y'know, he's granted you the codes to the Nexus and all that, then the President decides to go Dictator. So, you decide to quit (secretly), and you change your job to "Citizen" then using the /job command, to "Freedom Fighter". Soon after, a raid starts. Since you were previously working as the President's Guard, and he gave you the Nexus codes, are you allowed to use those codes to get into the Nexus, or would it be breaking NLR?
Credits to Raptor for the signature!
Click here to rep me!
(01-13-2015, 04:26 PM)Quantum Wrote: Question:
If you're working as the President's Guard (and you're using the Security Guard job slot), and y'know, he's granted you the codes to the Nexus and all that, then the President decides to go Dictator. So, you decide to quit (secretly), and you change your job to "Citizen" then using the /job command, to "Freedom Fighter". Soon after, a raid starts. Since you were previously working as the President's Guard, and he gave you the Nexus codes, are you allowed to use those codes to get into the Nexus, or would it be breaking NLR?
It wouldn't be breaking NLR.
NLR does not apply to changing of jobs; this is simply an OOC method of removing weapons from your character and spawning them afresh etc. However, to an admin, it might look like you were undercover and this is a breach of the rules. I'd stay safe and use molotovs and crackers unless you get approval from an admin in-game so they don't ban you mid-raid.

Oh, and Joykill; the rule of baiting police comes under the general rule of common sense and trying to imitate real life. I agree with you partially as I don't follow unwritten rules/laws, but you do not go through a five year sentence in jail because pursuits are fun.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
(01-13-2015, 05:31 PM)Nuka Wrote:
(01-13-2015, 04:26 PM)Quantum Wrote: Question:
It wouldn't be breaking NLR.
NLR does not apply to changing of jobs; this is simply an OOC method of removing weapons from your character and spawning them afresh etc. However, to an admin, it might look like you were undercover and this is a breach of the rules. I'd stay safe and use molotovs and crackers unless you get approval from an admin in-game so they don't ban you mid-raid.

Oh, and Joykill; the rule of baiting police comes under the general rule of common sense and trying to imitate real life. I agree with you partially as I don't follow unwritten rules/laws, but you do not go through a five year sentence in jail because pursuits are fun.

Leave the answering to staff as mentioned on first page aye?
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • James_Gaff