Rules- Q&A 3.0
Information 
As I'm sure some of you may have noticed, 2.0 hasn't been updated in a year. Within that year, rules have changed. I feel a new thread will be more beneficial than updating the old one.

If you have any questions about rules, please ask on this thread. The staff team will be voting on questions, and because of this, some questions may take longer than others. 

Please leave answering questions to staff members only.
As the answers in this read will be enforced as rules, we urge everyone to read any updates this thread may bring out.

1. Building/Basing

Spoiler :
When building in public, we I need admin permission? If the admin leaves, do I need to ask permission from the next admin that comes online?

Spoiler :
When building in public, you need to ask permission from an staff member online at the time. If the staff member disconnects, the permission goes also. You need public build permission every time you spawn the dupe also, it doesn't last forever.

Are invisible cameras allowed?

Spoiler :
No.

What makes a base a base? Am I basing if I am RPing but have contra stored in the same building?

Spoiler :
A base is a fortified building or a building with contraband in it. If there is contraband in the building, it's a base.

What is "Prop blocking"?

Spoiler :
Blocking off an area with a prop without buttons or keypads to fade or move the prop.

Are Fading doors FailRP?

Spoiler :
No.

In a raid, if props don't burn, what is the best way of going past this if no admins are on?

Spoiler :
Firstly, all props should be able to be burned. If props do not burn, contact the owner of the prop telling them their props aren't burning, they should fix the problem. If they refuse, it's very likely they've abused a tool to make the props unignitable which needs to be reported via play report, video recording preferred. 

If there is a keypad, you will need to use a keypad cracker to gain access. 

Are there any minimum requirements for using a hydraulic door?

Spoiler :
As long as the door works and moves once the keypad is cracked, which would be prop blocking, no.

Can we have some rules on doomforting please?

Spoiler :
Making it nearly impossible for others to raid a base. Making raiders jump or crouch to avoid props being used for defense. Giving yourself an unfair advantage using props to defend a base.

2. Death/Killing/Raiding

Spoiler :
What is RDM?

Spoiler :
Killing someone without a valid reason.

If I hit someone with my car, is it CDM?

Spoiler :
If you hit them on purpose, yes. If you hit someone on accident, stop your car and call a paramedic; RP it out.

As a police officer, am I allowed to shoot cars that don't stop?

Spoiler :
If they're a threat to lives, yes. Speeding is not a reason to open fire on a car.

3. Job Rules/SpecificRoleplays

Spoiler :
Can I wear a suit as a high-class criminal?

Spoiler :
If the RP is appropriate, yes. Criminals who mug people for a living can't afford a suit. Rebels do not wear suits or drive expensive cars.

Are owners of a store (Like a clothing store) allowed to have pistols?

Spoiler :
If being used for protection, yes. Store owners shouldn't be waving weapons around.

Wait is FailRP in regard for wearing a gas mask?

Spoiler :
Walking around without purpose or RP while wearing the Gas Mask.

What is "FailRP"?

Spoiler :
Doing something that makes no sense for what roleplay you're doing.

4. Miscellaneous

Spoiler :
Is promoting aggressive RP allowed?

Spoiler :
As long as what the player is doing doesn't fall under FailRP, yes.

Is it FailRP to spawn a car while under fire?

Spoiler :
No.

If cars are banned from the city, are we still allowed to park them in the garage as there is no other place to park them?

Spoiler :
Yes.

What does the heart icon mean? [Image: ZADp1hC.png]

Spoiler :
Donator.

What does the star icon mean? [Image: ZrQ8EK9.gif]

Spoiler :
Administrator.

What does the shield icon mean? [Image: xtXk1JZ.png]

Spoiler :
Supervising Administrator.

What does the smiley face icon mean? [Image: bT48D1d.gif]

Spoiler :
Moderators.

What does the wrench icon mean? [Image: ij3nNqG.png]

Spoiler :
Developers.

What does the gear icon mean? [Image: aUQr4CC.png]

Spoiler :
Contributor.

What does the star with the red ribbon icon mean? [Image: eCAohKz.png]

Spoiler :
Veteran Ex-Administrator

[img=0x250]http://i.imgur.com/rd1bm3k.png[/img]
The following 4 users Like SirCrow's post:
  • Nyander, Safira, Duane, Tawee
[Image: JsRBUJO.png]

What makes a base a base? I've noticed staffmembers have different opinions regarding this and would like to know what is the limit. Am i basing if i am RPing but have contra stored in the same building?
1. Are the old dictator laws still in use?
2 .Are owners of a store(like a clothing store) allowed to have pistols?
3. Is promoting aggressiveRP not allowed?
3a. If it is allowed, wouldn't going dictator be FailRP also?
4. What is 'prop blocking'?
5. Aren't fading doors failRP as in real life doors don't disappear?
6. In a raid, if props don't burn what is the best way of going past this if no admins are on?
7. Are there any minimum requirements for using a hydraulic door?
8. What is FailRP in regard for wearing a gas mask
9. What is 'FailRP' and what are the limits of this?
10. If it FailRP to spawn a car in while under fire?
11. Is it FailRP to be a criminal and wear a suit? If so, why?
12. Can we have some rules on doomforting please
13. If cars are banned from the city, are we still allowed to park them in the garage as there is no other place to park them?
[Image: 2njj8n8.jpg]
Why is this? Crime is an easy way to get money, how come they can't be rich? Associates too.
How come people get banned for playing songs through mic, with the "N-word" said once or twice, for the reason "Racism" yet the same songs is being played on the Evoradio?
- Do checkpoints need to be breakable at all times?
- Do you need to be a Rebel to mug or can citizens mug as well?
- If you're in a car what distance counts as FearRP? (I only ask as I've had FearRP applied when speeding past a officer who is just standing there with his gun out on the corner and just so happens to look at me).
- When is it acceptable to work along side the government as a civilian?
- When is it acceptable to raid the President as a civilian?
- Can police drive cars besides the crown vic?
- Can police arrest you for not paying a fine that isn't listed in the laws? And can they make up fines on the spot? (I ask this because I've been arrested for not paying a fine that doesn't even have a specified amount in the /laws, and isn't a law in the first place.)
- Do dictator rules on forums even apply as they are not even in the official rules and are rarely ever enforced?
- Can police withhold your car without even having a specified price for getting it un-impounded and no laws about impounding exist?
- When it comes to running red lights, blowing stop signs, or speeding with no laws about any of them what determines the fine if there even is one?
@Greed^

1. This rule is moreso directed at those roleplaying lowclass criminals and rebels, I see no reason why highclass criminals
such as Mafia Associates or Corrupt Bankers or even Bankrobbers all wear suits.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
@Baskinger

1. This applies to buildings in which you have decided to place down contraband, so yes.. If you have contraband in a building it
is technically a base. You are not allowed to place contraband on buildings in the mainstreet, regardless if they are on the side and hidden.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
The following 1 user Likes dig's post:
  • Baskingner
Note: This is my professional opinion and doesn't necessarily represent my fellow staff-members opinions.

(01-11-2015, 06:11 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: 1. Are the old dictator laws still in use?
Please elaborate further

2 .Are owners of a store(like a clothing store) allowed to have pistols?
I don't really see an issue with this, if they behave properly. To make an example.  If a store often experiences problems such as harassment from rebels or Corleones, then I'd understand why the owner of the store would want to have protection. The owner of the store shouldn't wave the gun around or threaten people with it though. They should contact police when trouble arise and only use the pistol in emergencies. 

3. Is promoting aggressiveRP not allowed?
It really depends on the situation. We don't want people turning our servers into Team Deathmatch. If you try to ie manipulate people and facts just so people start killing each other, then this ruins for a lot of passiveRPs. If you put down contraband and then try to get the cops to raid you because you want action, then this is failRP. 
Promoting aggressiveRP is something that we definitely look down upon, and even punish in some cases where it's fit and it causes for failRP and rule-breakage. As I said at the start though, it really depends on the situation.

3a. If it is allowed, wouldn't going dictator be FailRP also?
If you go Dictator only to be raided, then I view this as failRP.
No leader wants to cause chaos, to have his men killed and have people trying to kill him just because he's bored. 
Do not go dictator just because you want to be raided, or because your people want action. Do it because you want to create an interesting RP. 

4. What is 'prop blocking'?
Hindering ie a end destination without making it possible for anyone to reach that destination. If you hide contraband behind a wall that no one can reach, then that is unfair.

Prop blocking is basically you not making it possible for other people to ie reach something, or go to somewhere that you can. 

5. Aren't fading doors failRP as in real life doors don't disappear?
FL is limited with the game that it's hosted on. Only very few people are actually good with ie the hydraulic-tool and fading walls are a way for people to be more "free" with their builds, to compensate for many mechanics that GMOD lacks. 

6. In a raid, if props don't burn what is the best way of going past this if no admins are on?
Try more Molotovs. There's no easy answer to this. Try to contact the owner of the dupe and inform him that his dupe isn't acting as it should and is therefore acting as a doom-fort. 

7. Are there any minimum requirements for using a hydraulic door?
Make it work so it doesn't behave like a prop-block. 

8. What is FailRP in regard for wearing a gas mask
The gas-mask suit is well... someone in a gas-mask and heavy protection. This being a bulletproof vest and a military grade hazmat suit. You don't see people in real life just walking casually around in full battle-gear and gas-mask. This would cause people to become nervous and afraid. 

When people have earned enough RP points to use the gas-mask, we expect them to know when the gas-mask as appropriate and when it's not. If they misuse the gas-mask then we can remove an RP point. This is something that has been done.

9. What is 'FailRP' and what are the limits of this?
Now this is a huge expression that goes for alot of things.

Basically, FailRP is behavior that is unrealistic compared to real life (for a normal person). For instance, a normal person doesn't run around in the street making chicken noises while punching people. 
Another example is that normal people fear for their life and their well-being. A normal citizen wouldn't just run into a firefight because they want to watch. They would act afraid and avoid exposing themselves to danger.

10. If it FailRP to spawn a car in while under fire?
Technically yes, but so is it to magically drag out any weapon you want out of your arsehole. 
FL and GMOD has unrealistic mechanics but there's a limit to what we can forbid and not. 
This is semi-serious RP and not serious RP. 

11. Is it FailRP to be a criminal and wear a suit? If so, why?
This is an opinion that will differ from every staff-member, but it really depends on the character you're RPing.

Example:

A criminal who's robbing people in the street usually does it because he's poor. He's taking a risk and exposing himself with doing crimes like these because he doesn't have any other option.
A criminal who's rich enough to drive around in a Lambo while wearing a $100k suit doesn't risk his freedom and life robbing people on the street.

It really depends on your character and how you roleplay with him.

12. Can we have some rules on doomforting please.

Don't give yourself an unfair advantage over anyone who raids. 

People who are defending a location naturally has an advantage over someone who's attacking, but doomforting is when you make it impossible for the attacker to win. Where you're giving yourself such a major advantage that no-one stands a single chance of ever succeeding. 
Note: This is my professional opinion on the subject, and it might vary with other admins.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
1. Why shooting through props is not allow? Even if it's a fence, wood, glass, etc?
2. Is it allow to make a tower but only to watch and not shoot from the tower?
3. Why do you need an rp reason to mug people?
(01-11-2015, 07:13 PM)Zombie Wrote: 1. Why shooting through props is not allow? Even if it's a fence, wood, glass, etc?
That's not entire true.

You're allowed to shoot through props, as long as it doesn't act as doomforting and you're sure you're not hitting anyone who's innocent.

Example: In a hostage situation gone bad, Police and SRU shouldn't try to "wallbang" the enemies because there's a chance that they can hurt the hostages. 

2. Is it allow to make a tower but only to watch and not shoot from the tower?
You're allowed to make towers as long as they don't act as doomfort and you shooting from it.
What I recommend you doing is to put bulletproof windows on your tower, this means that it's impossible to shoot from the tower, and thus; your tower is allowed.

3. Why do you need an rp reason to mug people?

To prevent failRP.

A normal citizen doesn't run around robbing people, risking his own life and freedom. Someone who's RPing as a poor criminal though might rob people, as he's poor and desperate.

Note: When you're robbing someone, make sure that your job is set accordingly and follow the STREET CRIME RULES:

Note: This is my professional opinion on the subject, and it might vary with other admins.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Enzyme's post:
  • konsta