Poll: Is the stock market something you'd use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
76.92%
10 76.92%
No
7.69%
1 7.69%
Maybe
15.38%
2 15.38%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[WIP] Stock Market
Photo 
For a while now I've been working on the idea of creating a community/player driven stock market for Fearless. While it won't be able to operate exactly like a stock market due to various limitations it would most likely resemble the mechanics of the stock exchanges found in Grand Theft Auto 5. 

By utilizing Random Walk Theory and conditions regarding a clan (such as the addition/loss of members, number of RP events, wars) prices of a stock fluctuate daily and create the opportunity for users to gain money. 

Funds to user's accounts would have to be manually collected in-game and then updated on the site as there are no easier alternatives of doing this without it being directly connected and managed by Fearless. Despite the drawback of funds not being able to be immediately deposited or withdrew to the server the stocks would still maintain being a highly liquid asset as they'd be able to be bought and sold freely at any time.

In addition measures would be put into place that would restrict the total market value from going above what has been invested into the system, meaning that when some stocks rise, others will have to fall in order to ensure that all balances could be collected at any given moment. This would prevent the possibility of creating a 'bubble' in which users run the risk of the market going beyond what is able to be paid back in cash, possibly costing many investors all of their money.

The site is still basic HTML/CSS/JScript at the moment, I've recently gone through and redesigned everything that I had. Feel free to take a look, let me know what you think, and whether this is something you'd be interesting in using. I'm trying to figure out how many people would actually be interested in using this. Thanks!

The Fearless National Exchange Index
The following 4 users Like Noble's post:
  • Suarez, Rouch122, Baskingner, konsta
Update:

Just finished the coding for the market overview page and am now starting work on the individual stock pages so if something seems broken or elements are misplaced on the newer pages that's why. The Index.html and market.html pages should be working fine, if not please feel free to post a screenshot of any errors you have.
Looks great and should be even better once completed! I would use this a lot, I saw your other threads a while ago and was very interested! Hope it all pans out!
(01-08-2015, 09:25 PM)Sgt. Suarez Wrote: Looks great and should be even better once completed! I would use this a lot, I saw your other threads a while ago and was very interested! Hope it all pans out!

Thank you I appreciate it!

In addition I've also now gotten the individual stock page design done and can be seen here: http://frontierr.net/FNEI/stock.html or by clicking on individual stock tabs either on the main page or on the market.

The pages will feature the clan/organization's logo and a short description. The sell button will only appear when you own stock in the company as well as the stock owned counter at the bottom. In addition the last 5 days of data on a stock will be displayed on the right, such as the high, low, the price the previous day, etc. 

Up next I'm going to start working on the buy and sell pages and then move into the portfolio and log-in system, after that it should be ready for the PHP coding!
This is amazing! im not a coder but feel free to add me on steam if you need any help regarding stocks or other economic parts of this feature, i'll gladly help!
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • Noble
It looks absolutely amazing and the thought thats gone behind this is impressive but a way of making money thats directly influenced by player actions and planned rp's will not work.

I would love to see this implemented more than anyone but it would definitely need to be run/supervised by an admin to prevent abuse and money farming.     
(01-11-2015, 08:58 PM)Von Tempski Wrote: It looks absolutely amazing and the thought thats gone behind this is impressive but a way of making money thats directly influenced by player actions and planned rp's will not work.
I would love to see this implemented more than anyone but it would definitely need to be run/supervised by an admin to prevent abuse and money farming.     

That's true, and that's why the market is going to have to rely on Random Step theory for it to function, there can however be additional variables that can affect the trend of a stock, such as participating in a war (triggering functions that cause the stock to become more volatile on a day to day basis).

In addition abuse is a concern as well, that's why there is only a limited amount of people that will have access to the database, it's not like a clan/organization has direct control over their stock price and can change it or positively affect prices at will. They will be randomly generated daily, to an extent, with a market cap in place to prevent the worth of all stocks to surpass what can be payed back.

I've talked to Mavis about coding it and he's interested but I know he really wants it to be server run by admins and directly linked in-game. I'm sure it's possible and all but I don't see something like this to be manageable by staff at this time, let alone all the testing that would need to be done first to prevent possible exploits that could arise from directly linking it to in-game.
Quick update

I managed to get all the basic elements of the 'buy stock' pages set up, I really don't have too much more left to code in terms of just HTML/CSS. I've been talking with a few people now who are interested in helping to code this in PHP so I may be able to pick up progress on that soon.

At this time I'm currently looking into putting a 5% trade fee into effect (so I can make a little bit of cash while running this) although as more people begin to use it I can definitely start lowering that percentage. I'm going to be out of town for a while due to a sick relative but when I get back I'm going at this full steam again!
Very well made!
I am interested in using it.
Keep it up! Loving the idea so far.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator