EvoCity Dispatch - Now Hiring
Tongue 
                                                                                                    [Image: 1zmftix.jpg]

Have you always loved writing? Have you dreamed of being a journalist, traveling the country or even the world, and helping to get the facts to the citizens? Then EvoCity Dispatch might just be for you!

EvoCity Dispatch is a free weekly distribution that serves to get the EC community the information it needs on local and world news. It is our goal (and duty!) to bring the citizens nothing but the facts!

[Image: rc6nbk.jpg]

We are currently looking for the following positions to be filled:

Spoiler :

Editor: The editor position is to hire reporters, hand out assignments, approve/deny story ideas, edit assignments once they've been submitted. (1/1)

// While this is technically my position as of right now, I would eventually like to take a step back and fall into a journalist position. I will continue to work alongside the editor so that they aren't overwhelmed, however, I will be handing over the reigns, so to speak.

Journalists: You will be required to write at least one weekly article on your given assignment. Once you've gotten your assignment(s), you will write a proposal for the editor to approve or deny. You will be required to talk to sources, as well as to possibly attend events. (3/7)

Photographer: Photographers will be assigned to/requested by a journalist to document photographically the goings-on within the community. Should you have your own topic to document, and you are not needed, you will be given permission to pursue the assignment. (1/2)

Freelancers: This will not be a permanent position with the paper. Freelancers will be able to approach the editor with an article they have written. It is at the soul discretion of the editor as to whether or not the article will be included. Freelancers will not be paid a weekly salary. (1/0)

Company lawyer/ethics maven: These are technically two different positions, but for the size of the paper, for now they will be considered one. The CL/EM is required to read over any sensitive material that may be controversial and to make sure that all bases are covered and that nothing libelous has been stated. This is a case-by-case position, but we ask that you make yourself available should you be needed. (0/1)

// While there are usually more positions to a newspaper, given that, at start-up, this is only a small, weekly print, these should cover most of what we need as of right now. Depending on how well it goes/how long everyone's interest is held, it could grow.

[Image: 20ztj6q.jpg]
Below is a list of the possible sections that will be included in the paper. This could change between now and first run, so please keep that in mind:

Spoiler :
Obituaries

Sports
Local news
World news
Stocks
Weekly weather forecast
Letters to the Editor (This will not be covered by the journalists/freelancers, as it will be comprised of letters from the community)
Advice Column
Classifieds (From the community – e.g., For Sales, Now Hirings, etc.)
Advertisements (Again, from the community)

[Image: 23pvgx.jpg]

Spoiler :
  Expected rate of pay for journalists and freelancers is 10 cents a word (1000 word limit [this can change] for a total of $100 per article)

Photographers should expect $50 per picture (2 picture limit)
Permanent positions will be given a salary of $100 weekly.
Editor will be given a $200 weekly salary.

[Image: r6yc5t.jpg]

Code:
OOC Info:

[b]Steam Name:[/b]
[b]Number of hours you're willing to commit to this:[/b]
[b]Number of hours you've been on the server: (please have at least 5):[/b]
[b]Have you any IRL experience with journalism/article writing?:[/b] (Saying no will not lower your chances of being hired)

//I wasn't initially going to ask how many hours you've played on the server. Just because you've been on the server for an hour doesn't mean you've not RP'd before or aren't willing to do so - we were all new to Fearless at one point. Even I'm still learning at 300 hours. However, I /have/ been on long enough to see some of the shenanigans that go on, so I'm going to ask. If you have less than 5 hours but feel like this is something you would be interested in participating in, just drop me a line and we'll work something out. I don't want anyone to not feel welcome.

IC Info:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Level of education:[/b]
[b]Previous experience (if any):[/b]
[b]Position you're applying for:[/b]
[b]If applying for journalist, which section do you feel most comfortable writing for?:[/b]

// Weekly is OOC time. Since vp2 is the one that's most disused, meetings will take place there so that there is a higher likelihood we all get on at the same time, most likely at the office buildings. Be aware that I run on eastern time (4pm my time is 9pm in UK), and usually manage to get on my computer around 2pm. Exact times will be worked out once positions are filled.

For now, meetings will be held on Monday, at which time assignments will be given, we'll have a bit of a chat and discuss whatever it is we need to discuss, etc. Assignments will be due on Sunday, this will give myself/the new editor the time to look them over, and the paper itself will be released every Wednesday. Times and days are subject to change once there is someone else in charge and I have taken a backseat.

You will not be tied down to this position, you're certainly allowed to continue to play Fearless however you see fit, including taking other jobs. Please make sure you've read the rules for Groups. And remember this is PassiveRP, you will not need to be armed, and while “getting the scoop” may require you to be a bit forward, if you are asked to step back, or leave, please do so. At some point we might also need to implement some sort of “metagaming” rule as well, as there might be a conflict of interest. And you know, it's all about dat integrity Tounge

Also note that while you'll most likely find me on 33, that doesn't necessarily mean that's where you have to be. You can sign up and spend the majority of your time on 2d, or 2p, or a mix of all three. But again, if the assignment calls for you to be at an event that is on a different server than your most played, you might have to... travel. And as stated above, weekly meetings will be held on 2p.

The paper will begin its run in the new year, more information will be forthcoming. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, please feel free to let me know.

Positions filled:

Editor:

Arsenio Cesar Mendoza @Ludo

Journalists:

Brett "Tree" Razer MrTreeGames
Prim Chambers lpriml
Albert Arlington the Weasel

Photographer:

Cyrus Castle ThyLemonLover

Freelance:

Tommy Rodriguez
Looks very nice! Good luck!
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
(12-28-2014, 07:01 AM)Laurenz Wrote: Looks very nice! Good luck!

Thanks! Cheese
Hey lpriml, this is a great idea. I'm a fan good work, though don't you think this is more suited for the clan thread?
(12-28-2014, 03:59 PM)Davidson Wrote: Hey lpriml, this is a great idea. I'm a fan good work, though don't you think this is more suited for the clan thread?

I think groups are more passive than the clans. Clans read to me more like Mafia or Rebel oriented, as stated in the group rule post, a bit more political. It probably could have gone either way, really, but I think group is the best bet.

Thanks for your feedback Smile
I will apply tomorrow because I am on my phone at the moment!
[Image: MrTreeGames-Signature.gif]

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander
OOC Info:

Steam Name: [FL:RP] MrTreeGames
Number of hours you're willing to commit to this: At least 2h a week. Maximum of 4? Ofcourse you are using this group when you are in the game: collecting news, making pictures.
Number of hours you've been on the server: (please have at least 5): 325h
Have you any IRL experience with journalism/article writing?: Yes schoolpaper.

IC Info:

Name: Brett 'Tree' Razer
Level of education: Studied Economics at Oxford University
Previous experience (if any): I've worked for the local PD as a Secretary
Position you're applying for: Journalist, I was hoping that I could make pictures as well then?
If applying for journalist, which section do you feel most comfortable writing for?: I would like to do almost all sections! I seriously can't choose!
[Image: MrTreeGames-Signature.gif]

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander
Looks nice, if the meetings weren't held on v2p, I may consider joining. Best of luck.
(12-30-2014, 01:05 PM)MrTreeGames Wrote: OOC Info:

Steam Name: [FL:RP] MrTreeGames
Number of hours you're willing to commit to this: At least 2h a week. Maximum of 4? Ofcourse you are using this group when you are in the game: collecting news, making pictures.
Number of hours you've been on the server: (please have at least 5):  325h
Have you any IRL experience with journalism/article writing?: Yes schoolpaper.

IC Info:

Name: Brett 'Tree' Razer
Level of education: Studied Economics at Oxford University
Previous experience (if any): I've worked for the local PD as a Secretary
Position you're applying for: Journalist, I was hoping that I could make pictures as well then?
If applying for journalist, which section do you feel most comfortable writing for?: I would like to do almost all sections! I seriously can't choose!

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you. And yes, you can definitely take your own pictures.

// I would like to do almost all sections! I seriously can't choose!

What I had originally intended to do was have everyone rotate sections at first, to find out who was stronger/more comfortable with each. Have to see how it all goes down, first.
(12-30-2014, 01:07 PM)Sgt. Suarez Wrote: Looks nice, if the meetings weren't held on v2p, I may consider joining. Best of luck.

I understand. I'm not really a huge fan of 2d or 2p, personally. If there was a way to guarantee a slot for everyone on 33, I'd just as soon have it there. But I've seen what it's like to try and have an event with a full server and half the people involved can't get on. You could always go freelance, though, if you're ever in the mood Smile 
The following 1 user Likes lpriml's post:
  • Suarez