Permanent Bans and the Fearless Staff
(12-09-2014, 05:34 PM)mart.y.n Wrote: [Image: Deer-popcorn.gif]

Just here for the popcorn.
Is it buttered? That's my preference. Not too much though, or it'll get soggy. 
People can change.

I was once a scumbag hanging in the bad part of FL where Enzyme and GeorgeTheBoy hang out but I turned my life around and now I'm a fully committed Backseat Administrator!

but honestly double accounting I believe should be handled by what your intentions are for the second account: avoiding a ban/using it to join another clan to spy should be a perm with no second chances but if it's innocent like your steam has been hacked or you want a fresh start e.c.t then an exception should be allowed as long as you notify the Backseat/Administrative team.

(edit: In my opinion those who have multiple accounts to bypass bans on FL are sad and pathetic the fact you'd buy the game more than once or even to make another steam account to play on a server which doesn't want you there)
The following 8 users Like Ciryl's post:
  • yarrrs, General Rickets, GeorgeTheBoy, Floodify, aviator, Craz, Enzyme, Nacreas
Decay, when he was found double accounting had 150 hours 15 rpp, he obviously didn't come back to minge.

He also only had one alt alias.

I am pretty sure when Mathias_ made an alternative account, he didn't come back to minge either. He never minged at all to be exact.

Look what that got him, Floodify instantly permanently banned him.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
(12-09-2014, 03:20 AM)Enzyme Wrote:
(12-09-2014, 02:33 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Many users, including myself, have double accounted, but when we are caught, we remain banned, regardless.
IIRC from some of the hidden messages of my unban thread, once you do any sort of multi-accounting, you lose a second chance. This entire promotion[no offense, Discord] goes against the emphasis on second chances, even if people do make some sort of reasonable turn around.

If you were to compare ban-records with Decay and you, then you'd see why you're still banned and he's given a second chance. (Including alt-accounts and their amounts of bans)

Decay deserves his promotion, and he doesn't deserve the shit you're throwing at him.

You mean my admission to double accounting to Killjoy, five bans of which were declared invalid, and otherwise seen as subject up for debate for quiet some time.  Nervous
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
(12-09-2014, 12:22 PM)Temar Wrote: Joey you double accounted multiple times and brag you have more accounts we don't know about so according to you self you can play anyway. And stuff like that makes your case a lot worse hence why I wouldn't support an Unban for you

Actually only once. When Killjoy asked, I gave up my other double accounts because we were and still are on good terms. 
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
Well all I can say is the staff in the past hasn't been that great. I also agree everyone deserves a 2nd chance. The way I see it now the staff has never been better, the servers are running a lot nicer, a lot more is getting done and if this current staff believes Decay is worthy of a spot on the team and deserves a chance, I trust them. This is the most well organized, smartest staff we have had yet. I agree with any decisions they make. No one here is in it for self gain like previous staff.

I also think the fact that many new team members are less known by majority is a good thing, shows that this staff takes a non bias stance when promoting new members. Its about the contribution they make not who's ass they kiss which had always been a big problem.
The following 2 users Like Rolorox's post:
  • Weecow, General Rickets
Do you think the administrator team would promote someone if said person is not deemed fit for the job?
Of coarse not, they would reject the person and move on.
Decay has proven himself to the community and the staff that he has changed and can and will roleplay without breaking the rules.
From what i have seen of him roleplaying he is absolutely fit for the task and if he would have gotten denied and that have gotten to the public i would seriously question the admins decisions.

What grudge do you have against him?
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
I believe in second chances. However, I see Perm UBRs denied because 'Changing and apologizing is not good enough'. But apparently for Decay, who I have nothing against, can apologize and change and come back, then be promoted to a moderator. I just see a huge inequality here with permanent bans in general.
The following 3 users Like livkx's post:
  • Mark-the-Mushroom, Sgtbender2000, equal
I've read all these comments. People arguing back and forth etc. and I've came to one conclusion. Who gives a shit ? I decay was perm'd then that just means he's had to work triple the amount to prove himself than someone that hasn't. And for that I congratulate you. Now seriously get on with your life's and stop crying into your cornflakes all of ya. [Image: Numbchucks.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]