Permanent Bans and the Fearless Staff
Hello, Fearlessians. 

I recently was notified via the Announcements Page of a new moderator. Congratulations, Decay.

I did not know this player, really at all, so I decided to research this individual. I searched "Decay" in the Bans section and a permanent ban came up in the results. The name was merely "Decay <3", with the [FL:RP] tags, so I really did not think anything of it.

I proceeded to the profile of DecayXV, as everybody does to a recently promoted player, and noticed he had three username changes right off the bat. I clicked on the number to investigate.

Discord is the previous alias of Cpt. Meow, which ultimately is the alias of Decay. I'll dig more on this but I am going out of the house. 

Magical coincidence or not, I believe this needs to be looked in to. I know for a fact the type of information the staff of this community can accumulate would have brought this onto the table when they were deciding their next moderator. Discuss.
And you felt the urge to share this information publicly, why?
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • aviator
Theres no problem sharing that with the community , also what is relevant? if the owner acept him in team , no one cant denie him , and let him have is chance if he had been perma ban while ago
This is something we've been aware of. Discord has been in trouble when it comes to the rules but things have changed, he has changed.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
What's there to discuss about? I didn't really get a grip of what to discuss in particulary.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
I'll point out that we've had staffmembers before who's been banned for double-accounting, who've racked up a major ban-record and etc.
This is nothing new and people should move on.

Simple as that.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
(12-09-2014, 12:37 AM)Enzyme Wrote: This is something we've been aware of. Discord has been in trouble when it comes to the rules but things have changed, he has changed.

[Image: no_bullshit_cat_by_valendale-d6ypz5a.jpg]
u wut m8
Most of AFB is still banned under the pretext that using our networks to help out FL from time to time is a bad thing, and when I actively was trying my hardest to do lawyer work[and sometimes sucesfully] somehow every record I have gotten from the admin forum has told me that numerous users, no matter their ban number, are evil and shouldn't unbanned if permabanned, as they'd be a threat to the server. Yet here, we see a guy getting unbanned, for multi-accounting mind you, and getting promoted to admin.

I swear, the staff needs to stop hitting whatever is coming out of Amsterdam. 
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
This is something we've been aware of. Discord has been in trouble when it comes to the rules but things have changed, he has changed.

So a user who has been permanently banned from this community is welcomed back and given a spot in the staff? I disagree with this. 

And you felt the need to share this information publicly, why?

I shared this publicly to inform others that a user who has previously been permanently banned from this community, is back and is now a moderator. I thought this was obvious.

Why has this not been public information in the first place? I believe the members deserve to know who will be safeguarding the community from others with mal-intentions. 

...with a strong understanding of the rules we have here. - Fultzy

This is entirely false, evidently clear by the permanent ban which reads that he has FOUR alternate accounts to avoid bans on, 3 of which banned. Granted what follows: 
With his past experiences and how he learned from them,... is mentioned sheds very minor light onto the entire situation. Without this thread, I would assume Fultzy regarded to minor rule infractions, rather having four alternate accounts. Regardless, I would like to know how exactly he learned from them, considering the extensive amount of times he's committed the act.
The following 2 users Like yarrrs's post:
  • Sgtbender2000, Jordy
Neither staff promotions nor the security of FL are your job. Thank goodness for that, as you seem to take the most dramatic route to raising concerns, as opposed to say, a simple PM.

We discuss potential staff in great detail over a long period of time, and we're become increasingly thorough when looking into potentials behaviour and any security risks. Nothing posted in a thread here will change things, because it has already been discussed.
The following 3 users Like Faustie's post:
  • aviator, General Rickets, Zecon
So basicly what you are saying is that it isn't fair to promote him because there's one member that doesn't like it?

I believe in second chances and so does the staff, Decay has worked his way to the top for about 1,5 years now without breaking a single rule, I'd say he deserves the promotion.

Also, this is public information, because obviously you and many others know about his record.