Permanent Bans and the Fearless Staff
I see no problem with Decay's promotion at all. He's changed and thats the only thing that matters.
Times change, people change.

Once again: Congratulations Decay, you're more than welcome!
(12-09-2014, 01:44 AM)Jan Wrote: So basicly what you are saying is that it isn't fair to promote him because there's one member that doesn't like it?

I believe in second chances and so does the staff, Decay has worked his way to the top for about 1,5 years now without breaking a single rule, I'd say he deserves the promotion.

Also, this is public information, because obviously you and many others know about his record.

I'm sure his personality and individuality is top notch, and if I remember correctly from years ago, he was a pretty cool guy, provided it's the same Discord. I however don't like the fact that he has 4 accounts he used to avoid bans. I don't like with such a record, he is given even the opportunity. It's unfair to other people who want to have a shot at being a staff member. ahem.
Many users, including myself, have double accounted, but when we are caught, we remain banned, regardless.
IIRC from some of the hidden messages of my unban thread, once you do any sort of multi-accounting, you lose a second chance. This entire promotion[no offense, Discord] goes against the emphasis on second chances, even if people do make some sort of reasonable turn around.
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
I currently have more bans than Discord. We have had staff with a lot more bans than Discord. And we have had a player who was an administrator with a double accounting ban on their record. All of this can be found just by doing a simple search in who we have had as moderators and their bans.

Decay hasnt been banned or blacklisted in almost 1000 hours gameplay. And that is not even including his alt account which had the statistics to be apart of the staff as well.

Lets give him a shot. Everyone can earn it, so lets see how it goes Smile
(12-09-2014, 02:33 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Many users, including myself, have double accounted, but when we are caught, we remain banned, regardless.
IIRC from some of the hidden messages of my unban thread, once you do any sort of multi-accounting, you lose a second chance. This entire promotion[no offense, Discord] goes against the emphasis on second chances, even if people do make some sort of reasonable turn around.

If you were to compare ban-records with Decay and you, then you'd see why you're still banned and he's given a second chance. (Including alt-accounts and their amounts of bans)

Decay deserves his promotion, and he doesn't deserve the shit you're throwing at him.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Enzyme's post:
  • Burnett
Being a good friend of decay I have to completely disagree with your point.

Yes bans are a first impression of someone if you don't know them. But if you want to do some more 'digging' then get to know him first before you start throwing around accusations. Decay is a good person and the people that knows him know that. I don't agree with this being made public - in attempt to slate someone that you probably don't know one thing about. Staff are right, people change and you need to come to terms with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: e5bf68204644a67fc15ab6cd327926a2.png]
As long as he does his job, I don't care.. Honestly why should you care because he got p-banned once. Everyone makes mistakes and according to your logic Drogas should be demoted aswell as some others because they have bans on their record.
Honestly, what is the fucking point Jarz?

Give it a rest. He'd do a far better job than most of y'all.
Regards,
aviator
Joey you double accounted multiple times and brag you have more accounts we don't know about so according to you self you can play anyway. And stuff like that makes your case a lot worse hence why I wouldn't support an Unban for you
I think a lot more people should be getting 2nd chances on FL. Decay is an example how well 2nd chances can turn out. Ofcourse this wont be always the case but i think its worth the risk. I met Decay ingame and he was a nice guy, i believe he will do a fine job as a moderator.