Poll: Remove 3rd person when shooting?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Do not remove
65.00%
52 65.00%
Yes, remove
35.00%
28 35.00%
Total 80 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: 3rd person enable or disable at weapon use
(12-04-2014, 06:13 PM)General Rickets Wrote: Everyone has, that's why it needs to go.

Exactly! So why does it need to go if everyone can do it? Third person with weapons has been a big part of FL and should stay that way. I know myself and many other people would be extremely disappointed in seeing it removed and wouldn't play as much. As it is, first person is terrible in my opinion and I never use it unless I'm building.
The following 4 users Like Venom's post:
  • Kpred, aviator, Sleepy Knight 生活, Jan
(12-04-2014, 04:57 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(12-04-2014, 03:52 PM)SourLemon Wrote:

Or we can just keep it how it has been for 6 years? May I remind you again, if you're so pro for first person you do realise you're able to use third person? You're not restricted to first person... 
I never said I was "So pro for first person". I only ever use third person, I'm simply trying to suggest an idea that will prevent abuse without removing it completely. The fact of the matter is, regardless of how you put it, third person has had the sh*t abused out of it, and the game should be in favor of the defenders of course, but they already get bunkers and walls and barricades, while attackers usually have to run into a tiny gate that just turns into a bullet funnel. I'm sure we have all gotten killed by that one person abusing 3rd person in a hallway, did you having third person help you? Hell no, it doesn't matter that you have, because you will never see him because he is doing the same thing. It didn't make it any more even, but if he had to peek out, it might be a little less one sided.
The following 3 users Like SourLemon's post:
  • General Rickets, Smex, Preditor
When does the polling finish? (End the flame war).
Honestly. Third person simply allows people to metagame, and for those of you who say "It's in other games!" FL isn't another game, it's a roleplay server, if you want to have a fun time blasting everyone hiding around corners go play Grand Theft Auto or something. If we have to passive roleplay realistically, then we should aggressive RP realistically.. Or at least to the best we can do. And if thirdperson shooting is the only reason why you play on here, and you think it would make FL a more boring place, why do you even get on? Just to shoot people? I thought fearless should be aimed more towards passive RP. The ONLY fight or excuse I'm seeing coming from those who oppose it is simply either "Everyone else can use it!" Everyone else can break NLR, should it be allowed? Everyone else can RDM, should it also be allowed? And to those of you how get on just to shoot people, (I'll admit, I use to be like that) then I suggest you reconsider why you play FL. Passive roleplay is what makes FL different from a lot of dark RP servers. And if all we do is base it around shooting each other, then why should we even single ourselves out from the other communities?

As for my previous statements, no I am not looking to start a flamewar. But my point in this thread, is it really worth it? To all of you who cannot get passed violence when it comes to FL, there's so much.. So much more to FL other than aggressive RP...

I strongly ask you all to reconsider.
The following 2 users Like Preditor's post:
  • Burnett, General Rickets
(12-04-2014, 09:12 PM)Preditor Wrote: Honestly. Third person simply allows people to metagame, and for those of you who say "It's in other games!" FL isn't another game, it's a roleplay server, if you want to have a fun time blasting everyone hiding around corners go play Grand Theft Auto or something. If we have to passive roleplay realistically, then we should aggressive RP realistically.. Or at least to the best we can do. And if thirdperson shooting is the only reason why you play on here, and you think it would make FL a more boring place, why do you even get on? Just to shoot people? I thought fearless should be aimed more towards passive RP. The ONLY fight or excuse I'm seeing coming from those who oppose it is simply either "Everyone else can use it!" Everyone else can break NLR, should it be allowed? Everyone else can RDM, should it also be allowed? And to those of you how get on just to shoot people, (I'll admit, I use to be like that) then I suggest you reconsider why you play FL. Passive roleplay is what makes FL different from a lot of dark RP servers. And if all we do is base it around shooting each other, then why should we even single ourselves out from the other communities?

As for my previous statements, no I am not looking to start a flamewar. But my point in this thread, is it really worth it? To all of you who cannot get passed violence when it comes to FL, there's so much.. So much more to FL other than aggressive RP...

Passive RP is a big part of FL, but so are weapons. Saying "everyone else can break NLR, so should it be allowed" is really stupid because that has been against the rules since FL has been here. Third person with weapons however, has been around for the whole time and nothing has been done about it.
The following 3 users Like Venom's post:
  • Jan, , Sleepy Knight 生活
(12-04-2014, 09:24 PM)Venom Wrote:
(12-04-2014, 09:12 PM)Preditor Wrote: Honestly. Third person simply allows people to metagame, and for those of you who say "It's in other games!" FL isn't another game, it's a roleplay server, if you want to have a fun time blasting everyone hiding around corners go play Grand Theft Auto or something. If we have to passive roleplay realistically, then we should aggressive RP realistically.. Or at least to the best we can do. And if thirdperson shooting is the only reason why you play on here, and you think it would make FL a more boring place, why do you even get on? Just to shoot people? I thought fearless should be aimed more towards passive RP. The ONLY fight or excuse I'm seeing coming from those who oppose it is simply either "Everyone else can use it!" Everyone else can break NLR, should it be allowed? Everyone else can RDM, should it also be allowed? And to those of you how get on just to shoot people, (I'll admit, I use to be like that) then I suggest you reconsider why you play FL. Passive roleplay is what makes FL different from a lot of dark RP servers. And if all we do is base it around shooting each other, then why should we even single ourselves out from the other communities?

Passive RP is a big part of FL, but so are weapons. Saying "everyone else can break NLR, so should it be allowed" is really stupid because that has been against the rules since FL has been here. Third person with weapons however, has been around for the whole time and nothing has been done about it.
That's my point. It's metagamming. You don't have a camera on you 24/7 letting you know that someone is coming. I understand that there are coincidences. But last I checked, metagamming is against the rules. And so is NLR. Of course it's not as extreme as breaking NLR. But, it's still against the rules. And keeping it would do more harm to the metagame rule. If you guys can somehow find a way to fix this then by all means keep it. But so far people have just been abusing it over and over and over. With no avail of fixing it. 

My statement still stands, get rid of it. And I'm not going to post on this thread anymore. As I've stated earlier, I'm just saying my two cents. And I know all of you are as well. But all I am seeing is the same thing repeating itself. There's no end to this until it's finally decided. There's no point in arguing.
The following 2 users Like Preditor's post:
  • SourLemon, Joey Skylynx
If there's no point in arguing then let's stop, as the people that support this idea keep repeating the same arguments aswell.

Like I said, the results are obvious.
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • Sleepy Knight 生活
For everyone using "if everyone is using it, its not a problem!" that's almost the same as the argument saying that everyone can CDM and RDM, so what's the problem?
Seriously, get real. Third person has some serious glitches, and is used primarily for peaking around corners, or over walls out of character. If the server truly wants roleplay, it would be gone by now.
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Joey Skylynx's post:
  • General Rickets
Why are people still repeating situations that are already been talked about? We'd might as well wait this out.
Surprised to find myself to agree with Skylynx for once! *Pokes with a stick*

The weapons that Fearless have are old. The gun-mechanics are shit, the weapon-models low quality and the sound quality is just as shitty. Ofcourse people don't wanna be stuck in first person with guns that are heavily outsdated.

With the implementation of ie a new weapons-pack, we could then allow for customization of guns, thus creating a moneypool for rich players that FL really needs. We could make all guns semi-automatic by default and to "unlock" other firemodes, people would have to pay alot for expensive weapons-parts which they could then loose in a raid. If we were to have a proper weapons-pack then gun-play would better and more immersive. If we had this, then I'm sure that people wouldn't really mind the loss of third person at all.

There are alot of upsides to removing third person and adding proper weapon-models with realistic recoil patterns, accuracy, sounds and etc.

People are too afraid of a change, and I think we could do a trial with having Third Person restricted (just as we did with M4 for police).
If people still dislike it after a few weeks then the discussion is over and we'll switch back.

What would be interesting is to see how the loss of third person would change the gun-play and how raids and firefights play out.

I know I'm going a bit off-topic with weapon-models in this dicussion, but I feel that first-person only would go hand in hand with proper weapons.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 6 users Like Enzyme's post:
  • D0ctor, General Rickets, SirCrow, BlackDog, Joey Skylynx, Preditor