Poll: Remove 3rd person when shooting?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Do not remove
65.00%
52 65.00%
Yes, remove
35.00%
28 35.00%
Total 80 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: 3rd person enable or disable at weapon use
I am for removing it.

Whenever I get on the servers, all I've seen is people hiding behind corners abusing the f*ck out of third person waiting for someone to come out. It ruins the whole point of having a more intense firefight. Instead it's more along the lines of "who can wait behind a corner the quickest". I think it would make the servers more realistic had we gotten rid of it. And it would allow more realistic tactics for SWAT and SRU to take effect. I mean if everyone just watched safely around a corner? Why even use tactics in the first place? In my opinion it would make the servers a more realistic place.

Of course the weapon models should be adjusted as well. But bottom line, it would make the server a more realistic place. And a less abused third person. Which in term does link to metagamming. I mean how do you know they are right around the corner? You don't have a camera looking over your shoulder for you 24/7. Get rid of it.
The following 5 users Like Preditor's post:
  • General Rickets, Smex, Enzyme, Rylund, Bowiii
(12-03-2014, 09:40 PM)Preditor Wrote: I am for removing it.

Whenever I get on the servers, all I've seen is people hiding behind corners abusing the f*ck out of third person waiting for someone to come out. It ruins the whole point of having a more intense firefight. Instead it's more along the lines of "who can wait behind a corner the quickest". I think it would make the servers more realistic had we gotten rid of it. And it would allow more realistic tactics for SWAT and SRU to take effect. I mean if everyone just watched safely around a corner? Why even use tactics in the first place? In my opinion it would make the servers a more realistic place.

Of course the weapon models should be adjusted as well. But bottom line, it would make the server a more realistic place. And a less abused third person. Which in term does link to metagamming. I mean how do you know they are right around the corner? You don't have a camera looking over your shoulder for you 24/7. Get rid of it.

Just wondering, for example if the SRU and SWAT do move in a situation like around the corner, wouldn't they move in groups of 4-5? If just one gunman using 3rd person, who do you think is going to win? But also why don't people use it for their benefits as well so you spot out where they are so either side are even also it doesn't give anyone a disadvantage either.   
(12-03-2014, 10:08 PM)Macklemore Wrote:

Just wondering, for example if the SRU and SWAT do move in a situation like around the corner, wouldn't they move in groups of 4-5? If just one gunman using 3rd person, who do you think is going to win? But also why don't people use it for their benefits as well so you spot out where they are so either side are even also it doesn't give anyone a disadvantage either.   
It's unrealistic. And honestly I've PERSONALLY been in situations where I HAVE taken out 4-5 SRU just by using 3rd person.
The following 1 user Likes Preditor's post:
  • General Rickets
(12-03-2014, 10:10 PM)Preditor Wrote:

It's unrealistic. And honestly I've PERSONALLY been in situations where I HAVE taken out 4-5 SRU just by using 3rd person.
I don't think everything needs to be realistic on the servers, Like holstering your weapon and on duty guarding a sector in 3rd person is cool enough for me, but if it does get removed, it just takes the fun out of being on guard duty. 
(12-03-2014, 10:21 PM)Macklemore Wrote:

I don't think everything needs to be realistic on the servers, Like holstering your weapon and on duty guarding a sector in 3rd person is cool enough for me, but if it does get removed, it just takes the fun out of being on guard duty. 
It's only for the weapons, you still have third person. And honestly I'm willing to loose messing around as a guard. And yes I understand that it shouldn't have to be realistic.. But this crosses the line and most the time it should actually be considered metagamming as well. As I stated above, of course it's rather hard to prove that. But getting rid of it would make the gunfights not only more interesting, but more... Full of life.

I'm not going to start a flame war, so I'll leave it at that. It's just my two cents.
The following 2 users Like Preditor's post:
  • General Rickets, Sleepy Knight 生活
(12-03-2014, 10:27 PM)Preditor Wrote:
(12-03-2014, 10:21 PM)Macklemore Wrote:

It's only for the weapons, you still have third person. And honestly I'm willing to loose messing around as a guard. And yes I understand that it shouldn't have to be realistic.. But this crosses the line and most the time it should actually be considered metagamming as well. As I stated above, of course it's rather hard to prove that. But getting rid of it would make the gunfights not only more interesting, but more... Full of life.

I'm not going to start a flame war, so I'll leave it at that. It's just my two cents.
Truce it will be.
The following 1 user Likes Sleepy Knight 生活's post:
  • Preditor
Third person isn't realistic, promotes metagaming, and glitching.
Get rid of it.
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
The following 3 users Like Joey Skylynx's post:
  • Preditor, Rylund, Bowiii
Keep it, I personally can't stand first person it's terrible on my eyes >.>
The following 1 user Likes Ciryl's post:
  • EthanArcher
I think the results are pretty obvious.
(12-04-2014, 04:41 AM)Jan Wrote: I think the results are pretty obvious.

All the results as of now show is the community is split, a small majority want it to stay, and a minority wish it to go, its not as simple as ignoreing either side as enough are on both sides to justify action.

Its already been explained why it needs to be removed, and they are fairly valid reasons, the reasons to keep it are mostly "Its been here forever" "everyone can use it" "Its completely fair"

Im still for removing it but we need to run it on a trial basis and figure out just how its going to work, much like with the M4s for cops, snipers for SRU, 40 props, and many of the past controversial changes to FL, put on a trial basis and tweaked over time leads to a better end result.

Simply throwing the idea to the wind is a bad idea, it is at the very least worth a trial run
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]