Poll: Remove 3rd person when shooting?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Do not remove
65.00%
52 65.00%
Yes, remove
35.00%
28 35.00%
Total 80 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: 3rd person enable or disable at weapon use
Third person gunplay is something I have always found unique to Fearless, I have never encountered other servers having this feature.

It's been there for over 4 years, I've used and enjoyed it for over 4 years and I am not going to enjoy playing on Fearless as much as before if this gets removed.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 2 users Like equal's post:
  • evilmat360, aviator
For me it will make no difference if it's removed or not as I close to never use weapons.
But my vote will still be on removing weapons.
Personally I don't think it should be removed, 3rd person has advantages and disadvantages. For examore a sniper or an AUG are impossible to use in 3rd person just as a famas (with its weird bugged texture) is really difficult to use in 1st person. Personally I also prefer shooting in 3rd person if possible I just find it more accurate sometimes.
[Image: B1ry4Eh.png]
Have I helped? Well you could always Rep meh!
I've never seen it abused, not even this "advantage" of looking around corners. If there is SO much of a advantage with looking around corners, why does it not seem to effect either sides in raids? Defending and attacking are both pretty even odds depending on the numbers, even with the ability to look around corners.

If someone is using third person to look around the corner, they must be near the corner, so pop your head around and take some shots at them? I use first person, but I know how gutted people who play in 3rd person to shoot will be, so I am all against this idea of removing/editing it.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
1 of the main issues i see with 3rd person is they are behind cover and you cant see them, but they can see everything just fine and will wait until you vulnerable and pop out and kill ya
The following 4 users Like Temar's post:
  • General Rickets, Smex, Ciryl, Rylund
(12-03-2014, 03:50 PM)Temar Wrote: 1 of the main issues i see with 3rd person is they are behind cover and you cant see them, but they can see everything just fine and will wait until you vulnerable and pop out and kill ya

You might as well say that about every 3rd person game that exist... Seriously though like why should it be a problem? If you're raiding wouldn't you use  a molotov to clear them out, from a corner?
(12-03-2014, 04:04 PM)Macklemore Wrote:
(12-03-2014, 03:50 PM)Temar Wrote: 1 of the main issues i see with 3rd person is they are behind cover and you cant see them, but they can see everything just fine and will wait until you vulnerable and pop out and kill ya

You might as well say that about every 3rd person game that exist... Seriously though like why should it be a problem? If you're raiding wouldn't you use  a molotov to clear them out, from a corner?
Yes you use a Molotov, and you have to wait right? Because it'd be silly to run through that fire with people around the corner, but do you forget how far away you can actually see in third person? You can look down the corridor and still not have to stay in the fire. This point is invalid because of so, third person keeps you out the safety of everything, and what about that man that threw the Molotov. Dead. Because the man saw him coming before he could move out the way and had no possible way of knowing he was there.

That's all I have to say here and why I support the removal of it.

What with how tight base rules are in regards to doomforts, what advantages are left to the defender? Assaulting a "fortified" structure is always supposed to be harder than defending it. I can see how the 3rd person view isn't exactly a roleplay advantage and is largely unintended but it still offers that edge over the attacker; an edge that is largely non-existent in the gamemode. At the end of the day I'll support whatever choice is deemed best by the vote, since the significance of this change varies person to person.
The following 3 users Like Adman's post:
  • Craz, , Sleepy Knight 生活
I'd only agree to removing third person if we got proper weapon models.

Without proper weapon models, im voting a no.
Don't remove it.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Enzyme's post:
  • Adman
(12-03-2014, 09:01 PM)Enzyme Wrote: I'd only agree to removing third person if we got proper weapon models.

Without proper weapon models, im voting a no.
Don't remove it.
(12-03-2014, 09:40 PM)Preditor Wrote: I am for removing it.

Whenever I get on the servers, all I've seen is people hiding behind corners abusing the f*ck out of third person waiting for someone to come out. It ruins the whole point of having a more intense firefight. Instead it's more along the lines of "who can wait behind a corner the quickest". I think it would make the servers more realistic had we gotten rid of it. And it would allow more realistic tactics for SWAT and SRU to take effect. I mean if everyone just watched safely around a corner? Why even use tactics in the first place? In my opinion it would make the servers a more realistic place.

Of course the weapon models should be adjusted as well. But bottom line, it would make the server a more realistic place. And a less abused third person. Which in term does link to metagamming. I mean how do you know they are right around the corner? You don't have a camera looking over your shoulder for you 24/7. Get rid of it.

I will support on these terms.
[Image: e5bf68204644a67fc15ab6cd327926a2.png]