Poll: Remove 3rd person when shooting?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Do not remove
65.00%
52 65.00%
Yes, remove
35.00%
28 35.00%
Total 80 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: 3rd person enable or disable at weapon use
No argument on why it needs to go is valid, at all.

Obviously you can peek around corners, that's how it works with every third person game, both sides can use this as an advantage, making it completely fair. Nor is it worth a trial.

I won't enjoy Fearless as I am doing now if it gets removed with weapon use, and I know a lot of others agree with me aswell.
The following 5 users Like Jan's post:
  • aviator, , Suarez, evilmat360, Sleepy Knight 生活
(12-04-2014, 06:10 AM)Jan Wrote: Obviously you can peek around corners, that's how it works with every third person game, both sides can use this as an advantage, making it completely fair. Nor is it worth a trial.

FLRP is not a third person shooter, though my main point is it is not fair, yes both can use it, but in most situations its one sided as the defender will always have a clear advantage over anyone else, not because of good planning, well placed cameras and defences, or information they have, but based on the fact they can look around obsticles without any risk at all to see their target, granting them first strike which is almost always lethal, compounded on the fact weapons receive a near complete recoil reduction when in third person.

They can just run away, and they instantly are granted a lethal first strike if they make it out of sight.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
This has nothing to do with being a "1st person shooter", FL discourages aggresiveRP but it still has a strong element in it, There are even clans built around the idea. Like Jan said 3rd person adds something to FL, something other servers dont and removing it would be a painful feature strip for most people.

I agree on you that the "peeking" gives the defender a certain advantage, but imagine if we remove this feature. As an attacker i would just slowly advance with my gun aimed at the corner where the defender is hiding, the second he tries to "peek" ill tear him to shreds since half is body is exposed. There is no way of seeing the attacker except 3rd person or exposing a large part of your body in 1st person, Hence why i like 3rd person in combat as well. I rather give the defender an advantage then giving the attacker one.

Attackers have almost no disadvantage with the very strict doomfort rules on the server, i am sure that they can handle this small disadvantage.
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • Sleepy Knight 生活
(12-04-2014, 10:13 AM)Baskingner Wrote: This has nothing to do with being a "1st person shooter", FL discourages aggresiveRP but it still has a strong element in it, There are even clans built around the idea. Like Jan said 3rd person adds something to FL, something other servers dont and removing it would be a painful feature strip for most people.

I agree on you that the "peeking" gives the defender a certain advantage, but imagine if we remove this feature. As an attacker i would just slowly advance with my gun aimed at the corner where the defender is hiding, the second he tries to "peek" ill tear him to shreds since half is body is exposed. There is no way of seeing the attacker except 3rd person or exposing a large part of your body in 1st person, Hence why i like 3rd person in combat as well. I rather give the defender an advantage then giving the attacker one.

**Attackers have almost no disadvantage with the very strict doomfort rules on the server, i am sure that they can handle this small disadvantage.**

Good point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: e5bf68204644a67fc15ab6cd327926a2.png]
The following 1 user Likes Obay's post:
  • Sleepy Knight 生活
(12-04-2014, 10:13 AM)Baskingner Wrote: This has nothing to do with being a "1st person shooter", FL discourages aggresiveRP but it still has a strong element in it, There are even clans built around the idea. Like Jan said 3rd person adds something to FL, something other servers dont and removing it would be a painful feature strip for most people.

Attackers have almost no disadvantage with the very strict doomfort rules on the server, i am sure that they can handle this small disadvantage.

No matter how strict the doom fort rules are, the defender still has the advantage with a foot thick metal plate covering 3/4 of the body, that is advantage and does not need to be furthered by the defender able to see your every move without them seeing you.

Third person abuse does not have a place in the FL community, no matter how strict doom fort rules are. It is meta-gaming, unrealistic and exploiting.

(12-04-2014, 12:16 PM)Smex Wrote:
(12-04-2014, 10:13 AM)Baskingner Wrote: *snip*

No matter how strict the doom fort rules are, the defender still has the advantage with a foot thick metal plate covering 3/4 of the body, that is advantage and does not need to be furthered by the defender able to see your every move without them seeing you.

Third person abuse does not have a place in the FL community, no matter how strict doom fort rules are. It is meta-gaming, unrealistic and exploiting.

The attacker is still very much able to use cover themselves. Like is said in an earlier post: "This forces the attacker to use smarter tactics like flanking and covering fire instead of mindless charges (which is far more realistic in my opinion)".

It's only your opinion that it has no place in the FL community, and a large majority doesnt support that opinion. In real life i can peek around a corner without killing myself so i dont see this as metagaming or exploiting.
(12-04-2014, 12:22 PM)Baskingner Wrote:
(12-04-2014, 12:16 PM)Smex Wrote:
(12-04-2014, 10:13 AM)Baskingner Wrote: *snip*

The attacker is still very much able to use cover themselves. Like is said in an earlier post: "This forces the attacker to use smarter tactics like flanking and covering fire instead of mindless charges (which is far more realistic in my opinion)".

It's only your opinion that it has no place in the FL community, and a large majority doesnt support that opinion. In real life i can peek around a corner without killing myself so i dont see this as metagaming or exploiting.

Have you tried to flank on the third floor of the nexus? How is that possible? It's not. What about providing covering fire? Impossible the corridor is too confined to do that, and that isn't the only places that happens, villas, slums, apartment and home brew builds. Most raids are inside and is impossible to put those tactics to use.

(12-04-2014, 12:29 PM)Smex Wrote: Have you tried to flank on the third floor of the nexus? How is that possible? It's not. What about providing covering fire? Impossible the corridor is too confined to do that, and that isn't the only places that happens, villas, slums, apartment and home brew builds. Most raids are inside and is impossible to put those tactics to use.

I wouldnt be even surprised if the corridor of the 2nd floor nexus isnt abiding to the doomfort rules since there isnt/barely enough space for two people next to eachother. Removing the 3rd person wont change that, so unless you want to bumrush the defender (what highly sucks in my opinion) there isnt much fun combat to be had there. This is most certainly not the case in the topfloor of the nexus. (On V2D) you can easily provide covering fire from or the elevator or the section where the 3 hallways connect. Ofcourse this will make the combat longer, and ofcourse this will make it harder for the attacker, but what other advantage does the defender have?
I still believe that third person should not be removed, but the FOV reduced with a weapon out, so that you can see just over the shoulder, and still use third person aiming.
The following 3 users Like SourLemon's post:
  • General Rickets, Smex, Von Tempski
Seems like we have found a possible solution to all of our problems, then we can optimise the shooting?