De-accept the third person suggestion
(12-02-2014, 09:30 PM)Jan Wrote:
(12-02-2014, 09:26 PM)General Rickets Wrote: My point is in third you abuse the fact that you can look around corners without going around them. Same goes with looking over props. I think this is the third time I've said this.

What you are basicly saying over and over again is that all third person games are bugs then? These arguments make no sense whatsoever.

Using third person to look over walls and around corners is an unfair and unrealistic advantage.

Just because some games have this mechanic doesn't mean it's fair and realistic.

There's a reason why I only play on DayZ servers where the third person is disabled, and that's because too many people cheat with the third person. It simply grants an unfair and unrealistic advantage over you.

I love using the third person for gunfights in FL, because it's the easiest and best way to do it. It might be unfair against those who don't use it but that's how it's always been.
If we were to force everyone to have gunfights in first person then this would make it more fair for everyone as you know the other guy wouldn't use third person to get an unfair advantage.

Now, if we were to add a proper weapon pack to FL (looks nice and has better weapon-mechanics and gun-play) then I wouldn't really mind the loss of third person.

The issue with loosing third person is that the weapons are old and of low quality. We should replace the weapon-models the same way we've replaced the vehicle models.

Changing the weapon-models is something that we're currently discussing on the staff-team.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 4 users Like Enzyme's post:
  • Smex, General Rickets, NotSep, Nevy
(12-02-2014, 09:32 PM)Baskingner Wrote: I think aviator had a valid point. For 6 years this has never been a problem, why is this getting branded as a bug all of the sudden?

I've been here a long time and never once seen anyone, until today complain about these "third person advantages" or "lack of realism". Never seen anyone complain in OOC. Never seen a thread complaining, so I'm quite puzzled as to why this is suddenly a problem.
Regards,
aviator
The following 4 users Like aviator's post:
  • Jan, , Wood, Baskingner
Enzyme you understand thank god!

Never been a problem, not sure why it is now. It's not an unfair advantage as everyone can do it.
The following 5 users Like Venom's post:
  • Jan, aviator, , Baskingner, TheAwesomeAuston
How does it give an unfair advantage?

-All players can use third person whenever they like.
-Attackers obviously have a harder time then the defenders, that's how it works, nothing will change that.
-FL is is no way realistic and it isn't supposed to be.

The fact is, the majority is heavily against this "suggestion", and the thread has been approved right after it got posted, even though 50% disagreed, while there's dozens of other, more important suggestion with a lot of +support's that just rot. Yet this suggestion, where the majority of the community will not agree with gets approved without any question marks.
The following 4 users Like Jan's post:
  • aviator, Sleepy Knight 生活, Von Tempski, Sgtbender2000
I really feel this is something the community should decide upon, after all, it's the community that'll be losing the feature.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
We can sit here for ages shooting pros and cons but the base of the matter is people WANT third person. For you to remove it will certainly remove half of the server. This is an 'issue' which should stay how it is as both sides think different. We have lived with the 'bug' for 6 years until now I am sure we can carry on. It's not like raiding has suddenly got impossible. And for those who said that this is isn't a raiding server, then I am sure you wont mind it staying the same considering you're so PassiveRP heavy.
This would be a major lost for the community as people already said, "If this was a major bug, it would be removed years ago." I strongly disagree with removing the third person view when using a weapon. If you really want this removed just have a vote or petition or something, we can't let a few members decide what's good for the community, we need everyone's opinion about this. Also I would like to add something to what Enzyme said, I did suggest a while back of replacing the skins for the weapons, as the models are pretty out of date and you can find new weapon skins that are very high quality, comparing to the one we use now.
Re-open the suggestion thread.
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  •
(12-02-2014, 10:17 PM)Jan Wrote: Re-open the suggestion thread.

The weapon skin replacement? Or are you talking about someone else?