/Restoreprops On ALL Servers
Suggestion

Currently, a prop-saving feature is implemented onto the build server that allows players to execute a command that will restore props lost because of a crash, disconnect, etcetera.

My suggestion is to implement this into the RP servers for multiple reasons.

Why

There are a few reasons why I believe we should implement this and I experienced all 3 of them in the duration of a day. 

• Spontaneous Server Crashes
  • Game Crashes
  • Steam Errors 
  • Molotov Minges
  • Accidentally Disconnecting
  • Etcetera

Other

I am assuming that the reason it is not on the RP server is because of possible lag created from an prop saving feature. There are things that can be done however to eliminate that.
  • Making the prop saving feature donator only
  • Save cycles could be every couple minutes

It would be really nice to have this feature on the servers and not just the build one.
The following 1 user Likes Nevy's post:
  • Greekin
errrr, I don't know to be honest. The amount of people running that command after re-joining after a crash will be maybe 1500 props, and that in at the span of 5 minutes I don't think is so healthy for the server. In theory it's a good idea, but I think it might break things and it wouldn't work, I mean, ask yourself this - If it's so good and reliable, how come it hasn't been added?
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(11-27-2014, 07:09 PM)myfloodify Wrote: errrr, I don't know to be honest. The amount of people running that command after re-joining after a crash will be maybe 1500 props, and that in at the span of 5 minutes I don't think is so healthy for the server. In theory it's a good idea, but I think it might break things and it wouldn't work, I mean, ask yourself this - If it's so good and reliable, how come it hasn't been added?

That is why I was noting that if this was the case, then why couldn't it be minimized by making it donator only?

But if it is going to cause problems then I understand
I think
+Support.
(11-27-2014, 07:12 PM)Nevy Wrote:
(11-27-2014, 07:09 PM)myfloodify Wrote: errrr, I don't know to be honest. The amount of people running that command after re-joining after a crash will be maybe 1500 props, and that in at the span of 5 minutes I don't think is so healthy for the server. In theory it's a good idea, but I think it might break things and it wouldn't work, I mean, ask yourself this - If it's so good and reliable, how come it hasn't been added?

That is why I was noting that if this was the case, then why couldn't it be minimized by making it donator only?

But if it is going to cause problems then I understand

Because there is still a ton of Donators that would abuse it for "Shit's and giggles", dont take the Donator status for a status that entitles Good RPers and or people who follow the rules.
[Image: cuAfUK9.gif]
(11-27-2014, 08:39 PM)Flame Wrote: Because there is still a ton of Donators that would abuse it for "Shit's and giggles", dont take the Donator status for a status that entitles Good RPers and or people who follow the rules.

Can you explain what you mean by this?

I do not really think there is a way to abuse this for "Shits and giggles" 
All it does is save props and can restore them to their original location. Wouldn't be any different than a person placing a dupe down at its original location.
If this would stress the server, then I honestly think this command isn't needed too much. If people don't want to risk loosing their dupes because of a crash then they always have the buildserver.

I've lost countless dupes myself on the RP servers and it sucks, alot.
Just afraid that this change could cause the server to be too affected by this command of many people were to use it. (especially when the server just comes up)

Currently on a - Support.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
(11-27-2014, 09:45 PM)Enzyme Wrote: If this would stress the server, then I honestly think this command isn't needed too much. If people don't want to risk loosing their dupes because of a crash then they always have the buildserver.

I've lost countless dupes myself on the RP servers and it sucks, alot.
Just afraid that this change could cause the server to be too affected by this command of many people were to use it. (especially when the server just comes up)

Currently on a - Support.

This ^

I was going to go all "F*** yes" on this, but then Flood brought reality crashing down on me. :(

Well I have some good news: we probably going to get a tool that allow you to weld props real quickly with the ease of just selecting them. (no it's not Smart Weld).
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.