Unban Request
Your name: Panzer

Your ban ID: 55968

Banned by: [FL:M] SirCrow

Reason: 'Racism'

Involved: Myself and a good friend on the server; Trains.

Why we should unban you: 
There's a large number of reason, but firstly, it is important to note the correct definition of racism:
"Racism consists of both prejudice and discrimination based in social perceptions of biological differences between peoples. It often takes the form of social actions, practices or beliefs, or political systems that consider different races to be ranked as inherently superior or inferior to each other, based on presumed shared inheritable traits, abilities, or qualities. It may also hold that members of different races should be treated differently." - Source, Wikipedia.

Alright, so firstly, it was nothing to do with the member of staff whatsoever. A good friend and RP buddy of mine (Trains) private messaged me with a bit of satirical humor;
'sup mofuoaka'
This is not uncommon. Purposely spelling poorly, using poor use of grammar and using offensive language in a non-offensive way is something we all know is quite funny.
I decided to respond with a satirical sense of humor as well, thinking nothing of it.
"sup ma niga"
Again, not the intentional use of poor spelling, grammar, etc.
The member of staff mentioned was spying on private messages that had nothing to do with an admin situation or potential breakage of the rules. Furthermore, racism, as mentioned before, is the act of using direct action to discriminate or harm a certain race, ethnicity, etc.
I do not know my friend's race, however, I certainly know he wasn't offended as his next private message was one inviting me to a Passive roleplay.
TL;DR:
Banned for light-hearted humour in private message by a spying administrator. None of the two parties involved (myself, Trains) were uncomfortable, offended or deterred from playing on the server as a result of the private messages.
Racism will not be tolerated, not matter what form.

If you use a racial slur, you will be banned.
You did, you were banned.
[img=0x250]http://i.imgur.com/rd1bm3k.png[/img]
(11-22-2014, 08:28 PM)SirCrow Wrote: Racism will not be tolerated, not matter what form.

Again, the term 'racial'.
'Racial' means with intent to offend or discriminate.
Please detail exactly who I offended/discriminated.
Have you read the UBR rules? Its a 24hr ban...
(11-22-2014, 08:28 PM)SirCrow Wrote: Racism will not be tolerated, not matter what form.

I presume you are referring to General Rule 14:
"No racism, sexism, discrimination or hate speech, also not in IC chats."
If so, you are being selective in your use of facts that you ultimately used to carry out this ban. According to the Wikipedia source, racism is the act of indirect/direct action to single out, discriminate or prejudice certain people based on certain characteristics or to publicly display hatrid/prejudice towards a certain person based on said characteristics. . No attempt of this was made, again; light, non-offensive humour exchanged between two friends. Furthermore, sexism and discrimination were clearly not present, so I can only presume you are referring to 'Hate Speech'. Hate Speech is the act of using offensive, hateful terms (whether racial, sectarian or sexist) to degrade, slander or berate a person on certain characteristics. This would be direct action towards said person or others to lure them into a hateful state of mind, not a satirical remark made between two friends without any offence or anti-ethnic motive intended.
I agree 100% with your anti-racism rule.
However, no racism, discrimination, sexism or hate speech was present in the situation. If you strongly disagree with me and believe there was intent for offence, discrimination or attempts to gather hate towards a race/characteristic, please do enlighten me.
OKay, here's my input.
I know it's pointless posting now, but whatever.

I took absuloutely 0% offence from this remark, and me being white makes it even less offfensive. I agree with the anti-racism rule, of course, but it makes sence that if the person it is aimed at is not coloured, it shouldn't be racist. Or is that stupid.

Anyway, I think that he should be unbanned, as I took no offence from this. Just my opinion.
-Trains

Quick note, regardless of being unbanned at the present time, I would very much like some clarity on this unjustified blackmark on my record.
I do like to participate in roleplays and may see some I want to take part in.
I do NOT want people denying me because I am an alleged 'racist'.
I don't see any reason why you should be unbanned or it be removed. 
(11-24-2014, 01:11 PM)SirCrow Wrote: I don't see any reason why you should be unbanned or it be removed. 

Clearly, seeing as you favoured waiting the twenty four hours as oppose to having the good grace to even reply.
You have not gave any solid reason as to how  this was racial, whereas I have both sources, definitions and even a confirmation from the other party involved that no racial offence was intended.
Also, you are yet to answer my very simple question of the reason behind spying and preying on my and most likely other players private message inbox? Aside from the fact that you saw fit to enforce a ban with poor grounds to support it, you didn't even have the patience to at least discuss the incident with me and perhaps there would be no need for any of this hassle. 
Simply put, you seeing no reason to having this ban removed falls under sheer arrogance at this present time seeing as you are yet to properly support your argument in any way whatsoever. So please, justify this ban or remove it.
What you said was a racist slur.
The fact that you said what you said about the poor spelling and bad grammar that is "not uncommon", then what you said in response, not only what you said is racist, but your stereotypical non-sense is disgusting.

As for your accusation of spying, and saying it has no benefit as rule breakage doesn't occur in private messages, you're wrong. A great example, racism. When I'm "spying" I'm viewing all of the servers chat, making sure rules are being followed.