Poll: What map should be replaced?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Replace v2d
63.01%
46 63.01%
Replace v2p
36.99%
27 36.99%
Replace v33x
0%
0 0%
Total 73 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

rp_evocity_v2d_fl
(11-20-2014, 01:11 PM)ThatGirlSurinaaaaa Wrote: Perhaps a poster advert for the slums?
(Not sure if it could interfere with general rule #15, but it seems fitting for the slums.)

[Image: jt73ae.jpg]

If I can find any more screenshots I have, I'll see if I can make a more serious advert for something else for a billboard.

This reminds me something :O
(11-20-2014, 01:00 PM)Zeus Wrote: Because its famous and thus attracts people to it, same with 33x.

So because the map is famous, we cannot have a updated and not buggy map? 
So thus means there is glitches in the game(like the labs door) we cannot explore a tad of the map because of the cave, we cannot have atmos, all because its 'famous'
(11-20-2014, 03:55 PM)Iacboy Wrote:
(11-20-2014, 01:00 PM)Zeus Wrote: Because its famous and thus attracts people to it, same with 33x.

So because the map is famous, we cannot have a updated and not buggy map? 
So thus means there is glitches in the game(like the labs door) we cannot explore a tad of the map because of the cave, we cannot have atmos, all because its 'famous'

Reason why its famous is, because it was made originaly for PERP gamemode.
Replacing that would potentially loose a lot of new players (as people usually have 2D already, not the FL one..) and it's the most "RP" server of all them all, so changing that would potentially give negative side effects. Speak to Soul about, he obviously has his viewpoint of it.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(11-20-2014, 04:11 PM)Zeus Wrote: Replacing that would potentially loose a lot of new players (as people usually have 2D already, not the FL one..) and it's the most "RP" server of all them all, so changing that would potentially give negative side effects. Speak to Soul about, he obviously has his viewpoint of it.

Its going to be on workshop. Which takes like 1-2min to download it, i don't see problem in size or downloading. I never understanded comments like this.. the only thing which brings negative effects is the lack of content lmao. Why wouldn't new players love something 'new'? -.-
 In addition, x33 is getting more popular than v2d lol
(11-20-2014, 04:11 PM)Zeus Wrote: Replacing that would potentially loose a lot of new players (as people usually have 2D already, not the FL one..) and it's the most "RP" server of all them all, so changing that would potentially give negative side effects. Speak to Soul about, he obviously has his viewpoint of it.

As most content of the servers is on workshop, I see no problem putting the map on the workshop to download a problem.

I don't see how updating a old buggy version of a map is going to have any negative effects, its not like Mavis is just changing it so it looks shit, hes already said he is going to be fixing the bugs/textures and stuff like that in a post.
If anything it has more pros than cons.
As DarkN00b said, v33x at the moment is way more popular than v2d. I really don't see the issue, especially if it is automatically downloaded. What's not to say that it will attract curious eyes? Seeing that the name of the map will be slightly different...
Regards,
aviator
The following 2 users Like aviator's post:
  • Victorinox, Rustled
Think for yourself - Would you rather go on a server and download content with a barely unknown map tat you don't have installed or would you like to go on a server with a map that is known and that you already downloaded? Think yourself in the new players position, not your current one. They would go for the map they already have installed as it's easier, faster and less complicated. Think back one or two years ago when you were scared insecure RPers (well most of you) and just wanted to have some fun, not go full on serious. Sure, there were SOME that were serious RPer before FL, but hardly many.

Now personally I like the edit, but I don't (from what I've seen) consider it worthy for a complete change map. As far as I know, there are few changes and since few buildings have been changed I feel that the dynamics is way off. The new map style with the old map style doesn't go together, perhaps its been changed now, but from what I saw before it was not a united map, even though practically a good map. I'd HONESTLY go for a completely other map all in all. I'm really bored of the layout itself of EvoCity and would be fun with a completely new map - But obviously as we've found problems finding 2p a new map (well maybe not us). I really don't mind to replace 2D with this map, I just personally feel that the whole 2d era needs to end. I don't want 2D to be another Downtown, loads of remakes and the layout is just boring.

Also, as far as I am concerned, you can't get in even if it's on workshop. It will say missing map as it would be checking for the map before it started to download the actual content from workshop, I might be wrong, but that's what I've experienced.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Anakonda
(11-20-2014, 06:31 PM)Zeus Wrote: Think for yourself - Would you rather go on a server and download content with a barely unknown map tat you don't have installed or would you like to go on a server with a map that is known and that you already downloaded? Think yourself in the new players position, not your current one. They would go for the map they already have installed as it's easier, faster and less complicated. Think back one or two years ago when you were scared insecure RPers (well most of you) and just wanted to have some fun, not go full on serious. Sure, there were SOME that were serious RPer before FL, but hardly many.  

But if its a new player, most of them either are brand spanking new on gmod or are from darkrp and most darrp servers don't use evocity.
if anything v2d is brand new to them, and a new map which is just a updated version of the old won't stop their experience, it will still be the same map, just a few things changed and bug fixes.
Although not, many gmod'ers test out maps and the most famous once (which is evocity series & downtown). Maybe they try out the fl one, but it's not a big probability. And no, not all players are from DarkRP or is just completely new to Gmod that joins FL :p

Anyway, I've said mine and some of you probably disagree with me, but it's my viewpoint. I don't have a stand on whether or not it will replace 2d, it's just my opinion. Deep down it's Souls decision and he have clearly said that it won't replace 2D.
Kind Regards,
Floodify