Homophobia.
On the same line with Equalizer here.

I understand why some people take words to be offensive, but I myself seldom get offended by words. In fact, I don't actually get offended much as a whole...
Regards,
aviator
The following 2 users Like aviator's post:
  • GRiiM, James_Gaff
I just don't think it's fair for people to use TBH, I mean the word was created mainly for that context. People could claim using racists slangs and other words "out of context" but honestly that doesn't make it okay to say in reality. I'll admit, I've gotten mad at times and used it as an insult, not in FL but mainly games like CSGO and COD. But I've stopped, and I believe a lot of others should as well.
*Sigh*

The trick to life is not to be so serious, a word is a word and they shouldn't hurt you!
I hate how you can be stamped a homophobic if you reply to something/someone saying 'gay'. There's a difference from having a laugh & a giggle but when you're straight up insulting someone then yes there's a difference but even then as I stated a word is a word 'sticks & stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me' just ignore people :3

I use the word 'fa**ot' & 'gay' a lot but I use it for banter which I deem acceptable and I know a lot.. and I mean a lot of people use it all the time so don't act innocent and say you don't because I'm sure we all do.

I agree with the Equalizer said.
The following 1 user Likes Ciryl's post:
  • Nevy
I always have a hard time not using the word on Fearless, same goes with the N word as I use both words a lot in real life, not to offend someone, but just for a laugh.
The following 2 users Like Jan's post:
  • Jono, Nevy
Gorgeous Food. I love it. I will sit here and say I love ***.

[Image: nb9gjk.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Jonesy's post:
  • Wood, James_Gaff
I hope that one day, in the distant future, the average member of FL will be mature enough not to abuse language and also secure enough not to care about what random people on the Internet say. I hope that on that day, in the distant future, the homophobia and insults blanket rule would be removed and punishment would be applied for extreme cases, on a case to case basis.

Spoiler :
However, currently, the situation isn't like that and any inch of leeway gets abused.

The following 3 users Like DoomDude1's post:
  • Floodify, Adman, Dauntless
The word fagg0t is only offensive if you take it as offensive. After all this is the internet and if you take everything they say to you on here serious you will be easily offended. Personally i dont see how you can take offence from a word clearly not aimed at you (for example: "Hey ***, how are you") but if people are offended by it, you should probably take that into consideration when using the word.
I think that most of the time the so called "offensive" words have just transformed into an easy way to get someone you don't like banned. People shouldn't get offended by what people say on the internet, like Doomdude said. I get if somebody said it to your face but not some virtual words. 

I think I am just going to make a suggestion now..
The following 1 user Likes Nevy's post:
  • Ciryl
I use homophobic slang towards people all the time in real life and on steam chat. Just words in my opinion.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
(11-18-2014, 06:19 AM)The Evil Eagle Wrote: ITS NOT A PHOBIA. STOP IT.

I didn't think anyone said it was.

The definition of Homophobia is:
"dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people."
Regards,
aviator