[PSA] Steam Link Virus
So I've had two people message me this in the last few hours and another one yesterday. (None of them play FL thankfully so it may not have spread to any of our community members).
One of the guys who sent me this hadn't even had any activity on Steam since 28th August

There's a message going around that looks like this: 

[Image: bPelXsm.png]

It downloads some kind of 'SteamStealer' virus within a file that most Anti-Virus software does not pickup on yet. As far as I know, you're not actually infected until you open the file downloaded (But still, just to be on the safe side don't open that link at all).
The virus wipes removes all items from your inventory and sends them to another person.

Spoiler :

If you've already opened this, change your password immediately.
Here's a good guide for dealing with the situation: http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/f...=288873991

edit:
Just got another message from someone with a slightly different message

[Image: 86ecqvR.png]

edit2: Just want to mention that the virus is automatically sent to the friends of those who are infected. Your friends aren't trying to trick you, they've fallen victim of this and aren't really to blame.

edit3:

Found this video explaining a little bit about how this is working

The following 7 users Like GRiiM's post:
  • Sgtbender2000, Wood, Bowiii, James_Gaff, konsta, CheekyGeeky, Victorinox
WTF Dude!

OT- cheers for letting us know, you assume it's safe when a friend sends you a link most of the time.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
Thanks for the warning, Griim <3
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
Thanks for the info.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
Been warning all on my friends list because of this.

Cheers my love
Thanks for the info!

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
My friends had reported the screenshot thingy to me(top one)
But someone messaged Unholy last night with the screen-url

I opened it in Sandboxie and my trusty VPN and have a look, its a screenshot which automatically downloads onto your computer in a weird .exe file(cannot remember what its called)
The following 1 user Likes alexxx's post:
  • James_Gaff
Damn, Hackers y u nu get ur own monay!

we do da mlg work 2 gt it
Kind Regards Chocolate Labrador

Is this the work of the insane, deranged hacker known as "4Chan" again?
Sig by Dex. Check it here!
Just been informed that there's at least one FLRP member now infected with this so I'm bumping this to try and prevent further spread to members of our community.