Crashes while trying to connect
When I try to connect to the server, It just crashes to desktop. I've tried multiple times connecting It does not work.
Do you crash after the loading finishes? Or do you crash during the loading?
Crash it while Loading or if Loading is finished?
(11-09-2014, 09:24 AM)Sujak Wrote: Crash it while Loading or if Loading is finished?
It's like when it's supposed to be done it crashes
(11-08-2014, 10:55 PM)SourLemon Wrote: Do you crash after the loading finishes? Or do you crash during the loading?
It's like when it's supposed to be done it crashes
(11-08-2014, 10:25 PM)seduzer Wrote: When I try to connect to the server, It just crashes to desktop. I've tried multiple times connecting It does  not work.

Seduzer , I have the same problem as it crashes half way through the loading screen but this only happens to me occationally. It mostly happens when the server has crashed and everyone is trying to relog It seems to be doing it then to me.

Anyways, I have nothing else to add.. Good Luck Smile
This may work as I have to do it, connect to a single player sandbox game and then join the server.
I've had this problem before, and it still happens. Download the maps and put them in your gmod maps folder. Workshop maps don't work well. You gotta re-install them everytime.
(11-09-2014, 09:43 PM)Sgtbender2000 Wrote: I've had this problem before, and it still happens. Download the maps and put them in your gmod maps folder. Workshop maps don't work well. You gotta re-install them everytime.

I think that worked, for me atleast. Heheh. Looks like the Workshop seems to be destoryed as of some of the files.
The following applications have been known to cause issues with Steam and playing games:
Anti-Virus Applications - Any Anti-Virus program could potentially block Steam and Steam game access, especially when not properly configured for use with Steam. Please make sure that Steam and all Steam games are listed as exceptions in these programs. If the issue persists, please try disabling or temporarily uninstalling the program to test the issue.
Avast!
AVG Anti-virus *
BitDefender
F-Secure
Iobit Advanced System Care *
Kaspersky Anti-virus
McAfee Anti-virus
Nod32 Anti-virus *
Norton/Symantec Anti-virus
Panda Anti-virus
Threatfire
Trend Micro
VIGuard Anti-virus
Anti-Spyware Applications
Ad Aware
CA Pest Patrol
PC Tools Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus (may need to disable Full-Screen detection in the Advanced settings)
Spybot Search & Destroy
Spycatcher Express
Spyware Doctor
Spyware Terminator
Webroot Spy Sweeper *
Firewall/Security Applications
CA Internet Security Suite
Comodo (With Portal 2 running the firewall in Defense+ in training mode allows the game to run)
CYBERsitter
ESET Smart Security
Netlimiter
McAfee Personal Firewall
Nvidia Network Access Manager/Firewall *
Nvidia ForceWare Intelligent Application Manager
Outpost Firewall (Disabling System Guard under Proactive Protection allows Portal 2 to run)
Panda Internet Security
Peer Guardian
PeerBlock
Tiny Personal Firewall
Verizon Internet Security Suite
Zone Alarm
Constant Guard by Comcast
Online Armor
Other Applications

IOBit Advance System Care
Airfoil
Alcohol 120%
AMD External Event Utility
AOLacsd.exe (AOL connection driver)
ATI Hotkey Poller
ATI Tray Tools
BitTorrent/uTorrent (all clients)
Creative Software (Alchemy, MediaSource 5 on Asus G60VX models specifcally)
Catalyst AI
Daemon Tools
Download Accelerators (all clients)
EVGA Precision
Garfield Daily Desktop Comic
GhostSurf 2007
Google Toolbar, Google Updater
GSC
Hamachi
HotSpot Shield
HydraVision
iZ3D DirectX injection
K-Lite Codec Pack
LimeWire, BearShare or other Peer 2 Peer applications

LogMeIn
Microsoft Screen Magnifier in Windows 7 (magnify.exe - may cause in-game cursor issues)
MSI Afterburner
nProtect GameGuard *
PC Time Limit
StarDock KeepSafe
SteamWatch
iolo System Mechanic
TeamSpeak (can lead to mic issues)
Total Recorder
Tuneup WinStyler Theme Service
UPEK Protector Suite
Ventrilo (can lead to mic issues)
VirtuaGirl 2
Western Digital Backup Anywhere
Whitesmoke Translator (may cause the Source engine to crash)
WindowBlinds
Xfire*
We recommend that applications listed in bold with a ( * ) symbol are fully uninstalled from your system if disabling them does not resolve the issue

Remember its not all the Programs listed just a few.

Hope this helps. More info can be found at: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti...-SFLZ-9289
Kind Regards
Lucifer, your private demon.