[UPCOMING EVENT] City 24
OOC Information
Steam Name: [MS] Judge Rage
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:59572596
Hours on server: 38 Hours, however don't judge me straight away for this, because as you will see explained below, I am a very experienced roleplayer.
Roleplay Points: 0
Bans: 0
Activity on server (1-10): I'd say about 4 right now, due to school and what not, and I've been extremely busy. I try to get on when I can.
Understanding of Half-Life 2 and its lore (explain why and how you know): Half-Life Two is set in a dystopian Earth, ruled by an alien race known as the 'Combine' or as the 'Universal Union'. Due to the events at the Black Mesa Research Facility, an unknown amount of time ago. Due to testing of Portals at the BMRF, a resonance cascade happened. The United States Military attempted to cover up the disaster, but in the end even bombing the facility with a nuclear bomb couldn't cover it up. What followed was a series of Portal Storms, releasing Alien wildlife from the border world 'Xen' where a race of sentient aliens known as the 'Vortigaunts' had been hiding out from the Combine. However, the Combine saw the Portal Storms too as an opportunity to use Earth for it's own unknown agenda. The Seven Hour War was the Seven Hours it took the Combine's military forces to invade Earth, immediately after this the combine categorized everyone on the planet, and cleansed those under the age of Eighteen and over the age of Sixty-Five, as well as those who were deemed 'physically unfit' or 'mentally unfit'. Citizens live in very bad conditions, and Civil Protection raids are frequent. The Civil Protection are humans who have joined the combine for better rations, more authority, better places to live, or even just out of sympathy for the combine. The Overwatch Transhuman Arm (Combine Soldiers) are highly augmented and trained Transhuman soldiers of the Combine. I know a lot about the Half-Life 2 Lore due to the fact that I used to own a Serious HL2RP Community of my own, and have administrated quite a few.
What job are you applying for? Resistance Member
Why are you applying for this job? I am applying for Resistance Member because Resistance RP is my favourite type of RP - due to the freedom it gives you, for example, resistance can be Passively Roleplaying playing a guitar to fellow members at a fire, or fixing up an old bicycle, for example (two things I have actually done in RRP)
What experience do you have with this RP style? As said above, I've roleplayed quite a few Resistance Member characters in servers, my most famous one being 'Silent', whom when her Resistance's leader simply dissapeared (later she found out he had been killed by the Combine) she took the burden of Leader and restored the resistance to it's former glory.
Why do you want to join this event? I wish to join this event because HL2RP is a type of Roleplay close to my heart, and a type of Roleplay that I greatly enjoy.
Why should you be accepted? I believe I should be accepted into this event because I am a 'Veteran' roleplayer, if you will, I have four years of Serious Roleplay under my belt, and have owned my own HL2RP community, which was actually quite successful, at it's peak harboring an Outlands and a City server. I believe I should be chosen for my RP skill and my maturity (Something that I have in abundance) - unlike a lot of people my age, instead of running around shooting people, and acting like a general idiot I stay calm and focused on RP and instead of simply doing actions without a /me I always use the /me system in the best way possible for roleplay.
What are the two types of soldiers in the Transhuman Overwatch scheme? It all really depends on Server Lore and Canon, for example my server used a ranking system based on Callsigns and Squads, however the most prevalent in the Half-Life Two Roleplay community is OWS - Overwatch Soldier - and EOW - Elite Overwatch.

IC Information
Name: Lucy Griffin
Ethnicity: Caucasian; English
History/Backstory of your character: Lucy was born in the Outskirts of London, 1996. (ooc: i'm assuming that this storyline takes place in 2016, which would make her birth year 1996) Lucy wasn't very popular at school, she always was bullied and felt as if she had no one to talk to. When the Seven Hour War came, this all changed. Lucy was in London at the time, and was captured by the Combine and was put into one of their cities around the world, there her family forced her into applying into the Civil Protection for Family Cohesion. She was accepted, and moved to City Fourty-Five. On her first day (ooc: this happened in rp) she was kidnapped by a rebel group known as 'Tenth Battalion'. She escaped, later to be found by a man called Drake Salvador, whom she later married, however that was to be short lived after 'Hearts' her old friend, and resistance leader told Salvador that Griffin was dead, and threw Griffin out. Now she has found her way to City 24 and is looking for somewhere to hide from the Combine forces.
Physical and mental short description: Lucy Griffin is a small young woman with blue hair. She usually prefers to be left alone, and is sometimes depressed and paranoid, and sometimes has mood swings, however she can be an invaluable member of a team when it matters the most.
Why do you want this job? (Only for non-citizen characters) I want this job to fight for freedom - to make a difference in this world.
What makes you fit for this job (ditto)? I am a team player - and have helped in many former Resistance operations, and I can be an invaluable member of a team.

[b]Additional notes (OOC and/or IC):
The following 4 users Like Judge Rage's post:
  • Smex, ArcHammer, General Rickets, Obay
OOC Information
Steam Name: General Rickets
Steam ID:
Hours on server: 1013
Roleplay Points: 15
Bans: 0
Activity on server (1-10): 5
Understanding of Half-Life 2 and its lore (explain why and how you know):I have a general understanding of the lore from reading this thread and hearing it from other players however me personally I have not played HL.
What job are you applying for? Civil Protection Unit
Why are you applying for this job? I am applying for this role as I feel it will best role for my character due to his past experiences which you will read about below. Government RP takes up a lot of my time when on the server.
What experience do you have with this RP style? I enjoy playing an authoritarian role I feel as though it best asserts my character ingame. It is easy to adapt too however not easy to do right, I believe that I will be able to play this role more effectively than the other roles.
Why do you want to join this event? I want to join this event because it is unique, I have never seen nor been part of a Half-Life 2 RP and i like where this one is going. It has a lot of potential and I feel like it will be very enjoyable.
Why should you be accepted? I should be accepted due to the fact i possess the required RP capability to carry out my role very effectively and will try to enhance the CP RP to the best of my ability.
What are the two types of soldiers in the Transhuman Overwatch scheme? Overwatch Soldier and the Overwatch Elite.

IC Information
Name: Louis Barzinio
Ethnicity: White British
History/Backstory of your character:

Spoiler :
Living on the out-skirts of Evo-City has made time rough for Louis, it has shaped who he is today, despite all he has been through, he is known as a Strong-Willed, Sophisticated young Entrepreneur - working and running a family business called [JOB NAME]. Leaving Compulsory Education at age of 16 with an average skill set ranging from Ds to As, Louis now owns a Security Programme rated within the top 100 agencies in America, securing an average yearly income of $1,000,000 - $2,000,000.

From leaving South Africa at a young age, Louis has lived in a small bungalow with is Mother and little sister by a quite lake. But don't let the nature of this peace giving environment fool you for that stands beyond that door; Hatred, Neglect and constant unsettlement - for 16 full years, makes a young impressionable boy imbalanced, Insecure and weak... These were dark times for Louis... But he knew if he didn't make a change - Make that big decision that could change his life, he may not see much for of it, for he could not consume much more this inhuman activity.

The only way out of this was the army. He was recruited shortly after leaving education as a combat engineer. After a year or two of service he was on a routine patrol inside a "safe" zone. He was ambushed by a small group of insurgents. He survived the attack within an inch of his life, suffering fatal injuries he carried two fellow servicemen back to camp upon him collapsing. After this event he was awarded the Victoria Cross. Even though he was awarded such a prestigious medal he was discharged due to mental instability.

For his situation, Louis was a very well liked and respected individual by his peers, being very social and positive towards others, they see him as a very friendly character most of the time. This eventually caught on very quickly - making him a very well known person. Yet feared by most. Which is when he met his Soul mate; Jessica Natel Imbertano - A Beautiful, Intelligent Young women who he then, after some time... decided to move in with!

To this day Louis now lives in a pent house with his partner Jessica, preparing for their expected new member of the family. Due to be born 30th September 2014, they are very excited to start they're new life together, a new chapter in their life is about begin.....

Little did they know that in three months time the combine would invade.

It was the year 2000 when shit went south. An unknown force known as the "Combine Overwatch" invaded the peaceful town of EvoCity their sheer numbers was enough to overrun the small town. Anyone who rebelled were never seen again. That fate was not for Louis. In a last pitch attempt to protect his family he volunteered as a Civil Protection Unit. In doing this he was rewarded with either for more privileges, such as additional food, better living conditions, an increase in authority and status over others, or out of genuine sympathy and identification with the Combine's aims.
He was given a mask to conceal his identity alongside a stun baton, a USP and an armband for his right arm which says "C24:i7". After given this he was introduced into a small group of people, these were the remaining people of his patrol squad.

Physical and mental short description: | Sex: Male | Height: 5’6 | Race: British | Age: 28 | Body-Type: Endo -Mesomorph | Language: English/South African| Hair-Color: Brown | Eye-Color: Brown | Weight: 75KG |Mentally unstable but its controlled with medication.
Why do you want this job? (Only for non-citizen characters) I want this job to protect my family. Nothing more, nothing less
What makes you fit for this job (ditto)? My past experiences make me fit for the job.

[b]Additional notes (OOC and/or IC):
N/A

[Image: EFtgqFc.png]#

The following 5 users Like General Rickets's post:
  • ArcHammer, Greed^, MrTreeGames, Obay, Judge Rage
(11-15-2014, 11:15 AM)Judge Rage Wrote: Snip
(11-15-2014, 11:34 AM)General Rickets Wrote: Snip

You are both accepted!
You are both fine applicants and I look forward to seeing you in the event.

We just need 10 more special roles (rebel, civil worker's union and civil protection) to be able to start! We will most likely have people joining the event server on the day to fill up the rest of the citizen slots.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
(11-16-2014, 10:00 AM)ArcHammer Wrote:
(11-15-2014, 11:15 AM)Judge Rage Wrote: Snip
(11-15-2014, 11:34 AM)General Rickets Wrote: Snip

You are both accepted!

We just need 10 more special roles (rebel, civil worker's union and civil protection) to be able to start! We will most likely have people joining the event server on the day to fill up the rest of the citizen slots.
I could ask my friends - but the answer would probably be 'NOPE'.
Anyways, thanks for accepting me Cheese

#edit:
Quick question
Will there be a lot of Passive RP as rebel?
(11-16-2014, 06:44 PM)Judge Rage Wrote:
(11-16-2014, 10:00 AM)ArcHammer Wrote:
(11-15-2014, 11:15 AM)Judge Rage Wrote: Snip
(11-15-2014, 11:34 AM)General Rickets Wrote: Snip

You are both accepted!

I could ask my friends - but the answer would probably be 'NOPE'.
Anyways, thanks for accepting me Cheese

#edit:
Quick question
Will there be a lot of Passive RP as rebel?

It will be a mix of both however the rebels will be a more aggressive role as they will be involved in all the larger combine engagements.   
OOC Information

Steam Name: Basw007
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:12240305
Hours on server: 339
Roleplay Points: 0
Bans: 2 (- 2012)
Activity on server (1-10): Lately 3/4, as school has been taking up most of my time.
Understanding of Half-Life 2 and its lore (explain why and how you know): Although it's been a while, I've played most of the Half Life games (HL, HL:Source, Opposing Force, Blue Shift, HL2, Episode One and Episode Two). I think I am familiar with its lore, but I'll be sure to read about it again to get back into it.
What job are you applying for? Civil Worker's Union
  Why are you applying for this job? I think this job will offer me interesting (supporting) RP opportunities and I believe this role will fit my style of RPing.
  What experience do you have with this RP style? In both government and underground RPs I have enjoyed assuming a more supporting role. I do not have direct Half Life RP experience.
Why do you want to join this event? It looks very well organized and it has an interesting and elaborate backstory.
Why should you be accepted? I'll carefully read through all the rules again and I'll try to abide by them at all times. I also think this would allow me to meet and possibly befriend new people.
What are the two types of soldiers in the Transhuman Overwatch scheme? The Combine Soldiers and the Elite Soldiers.

IC Information
Name: William 'Will' Matthews
Ethnicity: European
History/Backstory of your character: (I can't give a very detailed backstory or description of my character at this moment, as I still tend to switch characters a lot.)
William Matthews was born to a wealthy family in an area not too far from Evocity, a place young William had always wanted to visit.
He grew up in a relatively large manor near the woods and a lake. The years he spent there with his family and friends he met at school, he was happy.
And more importantly, he never came in direct contact with the corruption that controlled several of the surrounding towns.
But all of that changed the day his father, the owner of a lucrative business and active supporter of the local government and its fight against crime, was assassinated along with his mother. At that time, William was 18 years old and knowing that they could be looking for him aswell, he was forced to come to Evocity in order to lay low. Upon his arrival at the city he was struggling - not only with his emotions, but also getting a job and providing for himself on his own proved to be hard at first.
Several years later William was doing a lot better though, he was able to achieve a stable income, found a decent apartment and befriended some people along the way. However, just when things were looking up for him, an unknown force - the 'Combine' or 'Overwatch' - invaded. And William was amongst those unlucky enough to get transported to City 24.
Physical and mental short description: William is physically fit and mentally stable, even though his past has left a mark on him.
Why do you want this job? (Only for non-citizen characters) From the day he had to leave his home, William's main priority has always been to survive. From his perspective, this would be a way of increasing his odds to survive or endure these conditions.
   What makes you fit for this job (ditto)? During the time William was trying to make a living in Evocity, he's had a variety jobs. This gives him experience on multiple areas.

Additional notes (OOC and/or IC): -
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:12240305&b=4]
The things in life that we don't plan or scheme, usually come to determine who we are.
(11-16-2014, 11:06 PM)Basw007 Wrote: Snip

You have been accepted!
Welcome!

Sincerely,
ArcHammer

+Rep
(11-17-2014, 10:41 AM)ArcHammer Wrote:
(11-16-2014, 11:06 PM)Basw007 Wrote: Snip

You have been accepted!
Welcome!

Thank you!
I'm looking forward to the event!
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:12240305&b=4]
The things in life that we don't plan or scheme, usually come to determine who we are.
Aight man, Looking forward to it Smile
#edit
(Meant to quote Von, oh well)
Bump.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer

+Rep