Please read the whole thread.

*Accessing Database* 20701 DATE: 14/03/2017

encryptedfile---=---@$%&#---9pyNB37rE66AE57ECE

7E23CB48A695A91E Universal Union encryption M43.9a

8C3s4hYS39wC6llU5VqC6NTk1b

-----------------------=^$--35--------------------------------------
Password accepted &accessmessage#5029
DISPLAY_
Quote:Log file 8294, addressed to Overwatch.
Cc: Dr. Wallace Breen
Subject: Opening of City 24

Today is the day that City 24 shall be opened. It is my great pleasure to administrate this city, keeping all citizens in line. City 24 will serve as an urban centre, and will replace what once was a state known as 'Evocity'.
I have high hopes for this location, as it provides a small, downtown, urban environment with small suburbs on the outskirts to host Civil Protection outposts and headcrab shelling stations, should the need ever arise...
The once-abandoned city has now obtained its own citadel, which makes use of Evocity's Nexus. This shall be a heavily fortified base of operations for the Transhuman Arm of the Combine Overwatch. It will make use of the jail included within its fortifications, and a swift elevator to travel from top to bottom - do not fret so, it will be just as impossible for any daring resistance members to break in as the highly-regarded City 17 citadel and base of operations.
Speaking of resistance, there will be constant protection against rebelling citizens. All threats will be expunged swiftly and efficiently. Our branch of Civil Protection units are on their guard and ready to 'teach' people a lesson if they show signs of resistance. If, however, we have some rebellions, they will be dealt with quickly with our abundance of outposts, guard towers and checkpoints.
This city is a much needed expansion on our current empire, as many cities are becoming overcrowded and are suffering from under-employment: I shall send a separate request about that later. As for now, our units must be prepared for the incoming citizens and transferees from other cities!
Sincerely,
Dr. Patrick Taylor, Administrator of City 24.

This RP is based in the Half-Life 2 Universe in yet another Combine-controlled city. You will need to have good understanding of the lore/back-story, so please read - even if you have played the HL games:

In the early 2000s, the Black Mesa Incident occurred. Doctor Gordon Freeman, a Ph.D theoretical physicist and research associate, was conducting a scientific analysis of a crystal specimen from the 'border-world', Xen. This specimen was analysed in the Anti-Mass Spectrometer in the Black Mesa Research facility, a high-class scientific facility in New Mexico. However, scientists pushed the equipment too far and the object had too high an amount of resonance, and so created a dimensional tear between Xen and Earth. Through these tears, aliens from Xen fled to Black Mesa and the whole facility ended up alien-infested and destroyed from various battles.
However, when Gordon Freeman eventually travelled to Xen to defeat the Nihilanth (a powerful creature holding the tear open), the effects were even worse - portals appeared all over Earth and Xenian creatures invaded in what was known as the 'Portal Storms.'
In this time, another race, the Combine, had spotted Earth and they invaded. The Universal Union, as they are also called, is a destructive empire that moves from universe to universe - planet to planet, to convert their species into synthetic beings, brainwashing them and making them join their conglomeration. And so, Earth was yet another box to tick off.
The Combine invaded Earth and won the '7 Hour War' when Earth surrendered - namely, Doctor Wallace Breen (Black Mesa's former administrator) made the decision. He convinced them to appoint him as Earth's 'administrator' as the people of Earth would need someone human in a position of power to look up to for hope and become brainwashed with propaganda.
Combine forces on Earth are known as the Overwatch. A branch of the Overwatch is known as Civil Protection - these units are the basic ground forces and keep citizens in line. All cities were taken over by the Combine (and renamed to City <number>), and in each city a Citadel would be built - a large spire that would host the city's Combine forces and its administrator. Each city has its own administrator - Doctor Breen is the administrator for City 17, but also for the world.
The Combine rule the planet. Eventually, their trans-human scheme begins, where certain humans are converted and augmented with Combine technology after being captured for being part of the resistance. These humans are brainwashed into the UU's ways and serve the Administrator, as well as fighting large-scale attacks. They are Combine Soldiers and Elite Soldiers, who are a part of the synth army the Universal Union is building for universal domination.
And so, all citizens are oppressed, depressed, and repressed in every way imaginable. Human reproduction is ceased (there are no children/teenagers in the HL2 universe), rations are distributed sparingly, citizens are packed into tight tenement buildings and those who show signs of resistance are beaten, converted or killed.
In this event you will be a citizen, rebel or part of the Combine - just remember the story and RP accordingly.

These words may get thrown around during the event, so you need to know what they mean.
  • Citizens = Average person. Can't rebel. Oppressed by the Combine, and slightly brainwashed into some of the Combine's propaganda.
  • Civil Worker's Union = A union for citizens to join and get paid by the Combine to run stalls, prepare foods and organise living conditions. They are voluntary jobs but members receive special benefits and better food.
  • Anti-Citizen = Citizen/Rebel that has continually disobeyed Combine orders and has rebelled or become a threat.
  • Exogen = Combine word for an antlion (a mutated, large 'ant' that can fly and attacks others)
  • Biotic = Combine word for a Xenian creature.
  • Necrotic = Combine word for a headcrab zombie.
  • Headcrab = A small parasite that latches onto its victim's head, mutating it into a zombie. Headcrabs are packed into small pods and launched at resistance bases to slowly destroy them and its inhabitants, Eg. Ravenholm from Half-Life 2.
  • Rebel = Part of the Resistance team. Finds ways to infiltrate combine bases, rebel and transport citizens safely to hideouts and networks - follows the rebel leader's ORDERS at all times..
  • Refugee = Simply a citizen who has been transported safely to the outskirts by rebels. Stays in hideouts from then on, but may join the resistance at some point if it gets heated.
  • CP = Civil Protection. Gas masked humans who work for the Combine. Keeps everyone in line and regularly performs apartment searches, distributes rations and patrols - follows superior's ORDERS at all times.
  • Combine Soldiers = The Transhuman augmented forces – called out in extreme circumstances, guards the Administrator and fights the resistance in cases such as uprises.
  • Administrator = Main person in charge, like the President of the city. Feeds citizens propaganda, organises the Civil Protection units but is still under the Combine control.
  • Overwatch = Name given to all Earth units of the Combine.
  • Universal Union = The Combine in general. The collective name for all their forces from each planet and universe.
  • Combine = Another name for the Universal Union.
This event will be a global RP on the event server. It will be a radical change of roleplaying styles.
In this event, you will arrive at the City 24 train station, be assigned places in apartments, and then experience an average day in your job - however... Nothing in the Half-Life 2 world is average...
You may apply for a...
  • Normal citizen (plenty of story-based RPs and less action. Integral to the event however, lots of fun. Some may be selected to become a refugee and live in a hide-out on the city outskirts.)
  • Civil Worker's Union (Still a citizen, but is charged with civil duties such as preparing rations, organising apartments and other small deeds. Is rewarded by the Combine and receives special status.)
  • Rebel (led by the resistance leader, you will follow his orders to transport refugees out of the city safely and then take down Combine outposts, lots of action)
  • Civil Protection unit, part of the Combine (patrols the city and sometimes the outskirts, follows orders from superiors, always on the lookout for anti-citizens, lots of action) All accepted applicants will be taught how to speak in the Combine radio.
  • Combine Soldier, part of the Transhuman forces (protects and guards the administrator, follows orders from superiors, works in the citadel, is called out in extreme circumstances, lots of action mostly)All accepted applicants will be taught how to speak in the Combine radio.
The event will take place on v2d at 8pm GMT on 13th December, Saturday.
It will run for a few hours, so please make sure you can attend all of it.

Remember to RP in the situation. Imagine you are really in this dystopian world where all of humanity is 'enslaved' by the Combine, your population dwindling each day... We don't want any 'bad-ass' characters in this (no Gordon Freeman copies please!) We want down-to-earth characters who are in the moment and have a certain amount of fear lurking around with them at all times. Also, everyone in the event (apart from the Combine of course) has been relocated from other cities to be transported to City 24, so keep that in mind if you ever want to refer to it in RPs or whatever!
NPCs will be spawned in some occasions such as battles, but other than that, you are the event. There is a planned storyline, however, only the essentials will be made to happen, other than that... it's your choice as to what happens in between!
If you have played Half-Life 2, you should know how things work. Otherwise, hopefully I have laid out all the information required for a successful, enjoyable and well-played-out event.
Enjoy!

(Continued below)
Bold members are the leaders of their 'division'.

Citizen (7/-):
  • Victorinox (Aaron Archer) - STEAM_0:0:39418943
  • Pinky (Hugo Pinky Austen) - STEAM_0:0:29300898
  • Pear (Jake Petterson) - STEAM_0:1:31882128
  • Maciek00613 (Martin Nezy) - STEAM_0:1:42381676
  • Sgt. Suarez (Tim Bareham) - STEAM_0:1:70851645
  • PotatoMan (Dave Lloyd) - STEAM_0:1:59638592
  • Ivan Tempski (Ivan Tempski) - STEAM_0:1:68782868
Civil Worker's Union (5/5)
  • Laurenz (Arnold M. Laurenz) - STEAM_0:0:40191451
  • Voluptious (Miles Whatson) - STEAM_0:0:41674539
  • MrTreeGames (Brett 'Tree' Razer) - STEAM_0:1:76653145
  • basw007 (William 'Will' Matthews) - STEAM_0:1:12240305
  • Jqnqthqn (Lyle Roberts) - STEAM_0:1:93231902
Rebel (8/8):
  • Von Tempski (NAME) - STEAM_0:1:25918047
  • Wood (NAME) - STEAM_0:0:33415012
  • BlackForest (Adam King) - STEAM_0:0:50164541
  • Burgz (Chris Sanders) - STEAM_0:0:40910221
  • Weecow (Matthew Johnson) - STEAM_0:1:29125166
  • Judge Rage (Lucy Griffin) - STEAM_0:1:59572596
  • Mark-the-Mushroom (Douglas Coleman) - STEAM_0:0:39246057
  • GHOSTK1LL3R (Jon 'Ghost' Ironsight) - STEAM_0:0:38145384
Civil Protection (10/10):
  • Link66 (MPF:i1.JURY-795) - STEAM_0:1:40269361
  • WorldWideCoffee (MPF:i2.UNION-553) -
  • Obay (MPF:i3.UNION-406) - STEAM_0:1:56058157
  • Falcon (MPF:i2.APEX-597) - STEAM_0:0:66948201
  • TheCasanova (MPF:i3.UNION-885) - STEAM_0:1:11421027
  • Rolorox (MPF:i3.HELIX-632) - STEAM_0:1:25930697
  • Connbob (MPF:i3.UNION-988) - STEAM_0:1:39143054
  • MacTavish (MPF:i3.UNION-432) - STEAM_0:1:73116326
  • EthanArcher (MPF:i3.HELIX-734) - STEAM_0:0:50562895
  • Greed^ (MPF:i3.UNION-614) - STEAM_0:1:41161698
Transhuman Forces (3/3):
  • Enzyme (OTA:KING.EOW-35573) - STEAM_0:0:31154034
  • Faustie (OTA:STINGER.OWS-40972) - STEAM_0:0:26859943
  • Smex (OTA:STINGER.OWS-36409) - STEAM_0:1:18515760
Administrator (1/1):
  • ArcHammer (Dr. Patrick Taylor) - STEAM_0:0:34714717
You MUST follow these rules to take part in the event, and for ensuring everything runs smoothly. If you are caught constantly disobeying these, you will be removed from the event.
  • No building or driving allowed (unless given permission from myself - some Civil Protection units might end up patrolling in a vehicle.)
  • No guns may be used unless you are a rebel/Combine authority and are authorised to have one out by your SUPERIORS or myself.
  • Please follow all server rules, however, in some circumstances such as Combine outposts and the Rebel hideout, shooting from an above watchtower is allowed. All rule discrepancies will be announced in OOC on the day, so there shouldn't be any confusion. Otherwise, please ask an admin or myself as to what is allowed and what is not.
  • Please understand that you may get 'picked on' by the Civil Protection sometimes, this is merely part of the RP and you shouldn't take it to heart - RP in the situation!
IC Rules:
These are the laws put in place by the Universal Union, if a unit catches you disobeying these laws, you will face consequences - please do not minge around not following any rules however... remember FearRP. If you are caught constantly disobeying these, you will be removed from the event. (If you are far away from the Combine, eg. the rebels, you may jump, run and etc.)
  • No running, jumping or shouting. These are all classed as Civil Disturbance.
  • Do not insult anyone, at all. Especially the Combine.
  • Do not affiliate with the Resistance, supply anything to them or threaten anyone.
  • You are only to be living in your designated apartment.
  • You are not to disobey orders from a CP unit, at all. Follow instructions immediately.
  • All civil disturbances, potential threats and violations must be reported to the Civil Protection immediately. This includes a headcrab outbreak, fight, and etc.
  • Do not talk to a Civil Protection unit unless you are reporting something, or asking an important question.
  • It may be Christmas season, but you are not to mention Christmas or any other traditions.
To apply:
If you want to join this event, you must follow these requirements before posting:
  • 100+ hours
  • Less than 5 bans in the past 12 months (RECOMMENDED)
  • A detailed, well-written application

You must copy this application format to even be considered. Please fill it out with detailed explanations, and plenty of effort.

Code:
[size=x-large][b][u]OOC Information[/u][/b][/size]
[b]Steam Name:[/b]
[b]Steam ID:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Hours on server:[/b]
[b]Roleplay Points:[/b]
[b]Bans:[/b]
[b]Activity on server (1-10):[/b]
[b]Understanding of Half-Life 2 and its lore (explain why and how you know):[/b]
[b]What job are you applying for?[/b]
  [b]Why are you applying for this job?[/b]
  [b]What experience do you have with this RP style?[/b]
[b]Why do you want to join this event?[/b]
[b]Why should you be accepted?[/b]
[b]What are the two types of soldiers in the Transhuman Overwatch scheme?[/b]

[size=x-large][b][u]IC Information[/u][/b][/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b]
[b]History/Backstory of your character:[/b]
[b]Physical and mental short description:[/b]
[b]Why do you want this job? (Only for non-citizen characters)[/b]
   [b]What makes you fit for this job (ditto)?

[b]Additional notes (OOC and/or IC):[/b]

Building, story-line, thread development and concept

Link66 -
Building, feedback and all-round help
Laurenz -
Thread graphics, feedback and support
GeorgeTheBoy -
Building, admin support and feedback

Enzyme -
Admin support
Faustie -
Admin support
Von Tempski -
Building, support and story-line help
Smex -
Support
Temar -
Coding

Thank you everyone, and enjoy!

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
The following 8 users Like ArcHammer's post:
  • GeorgeTheBoy, Wood, Link, dig, Enzyme, Smex, Obay, Von Tempski
When will the date be decided? I would love to take part however I will need a date before I can decide
[Image: B1ry4Eh.png]
Have I helped? Well you could always Rep meh!
The date will be around the end of November - early December, on a weekend.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer

+Rep
well i would love to be a Rebel, but only if you would be ok with me canceling once the date is set if i cant make it (i do have a few things on at the moment so im not entirely sure if i can be free)
(11-08-2014, 01:43 PM)BlackForestAdam Wrote: well i would love to be a Rebel, but only if you would be ok with me canceling once the date is set if i cant make it (i do have a few things on at the moment so im not entirely sure if i can be free)

Sure, feel free to apply.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer

+Rep
OOC Information
Steam Name: [FL:RP][G-S]BlackForest
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:50164541
Hours on server: over 800
Bans: 2
Activity on server (1-10): 8-9
Understanding of Half-Life 2 and its lore (explain why and how you know): I have completed the first HL2 (currently on the next episodes)
What job are you applying for? Rebel
 Why are you applying for this job? Because i loved the role of the rebels in the half life series, fighting for humanity and saving as many as they could
 What experience do you have with this RP style? I dont have direct experience with Half Life 2 roleplay however i feel that with my experience on fearless and having played Half Life, it isnt something i cant handle.
Why do you want to join this event? Because i love Half Life and think this is a great way to experience it in a different way.
Why should you be accepted? I enjoy large orgaised roleplays and love to try to help make everyones experience better.
What are the two types of soldiers in the Transhuman Overwatch scheme? Combine Soldiers and Elite Soldiers

IC Information

Name: Adam King

Ethnicity: European

History/Backstory of your character:
Adam grew up in a small village on the south coast of england. After barely graduating high school he wanted more, he wanted to travel and he wanted excitement. At 24 Adam joined the army and served for five years before leaving after having to watch one of his best friends die in the battlefield. This left him heartbroken and with nowhere to go he decided to start a new life in a small town called Evocity in America. A few years later Adam was spending time with some old friends travelling the world, they visited as many counties as they could without a care in the world. One night in their broken down minivan after having spent 5 weeks in a remote and disconneted village in north Russia Adam's phone rang, it was the retired president called Bill of evocity who had helped Adam in the year after arriving in evocity, he was a kindly old man who never asked anything in return. Until now. Bill called Adam asking him to come home immediately, he told Adam that the city was in a bad condition but wouldn't say why.  The next day Adam sadly said goodbye to his friends and got on a plane from a small private airport near the village. Adam was pretty confused by Bills Message, his confusion was replaced with utter amazement and anger once they landed in a disused airfield about 10 miles from evocity. When Adam looked at the place he thought evocity should be, the sight that met him was one of destruction, Strange buildings and alien ships flying around. Before he could even attempt to ask what was going on men with strange weapons and Armor bailed them into Trains to be taken to what used to be evocity. After somehow managing to escape the Train with a gun he wondered aimlessly in this now foreign land hoping against hope to find someone who would fight these monsters.

Physical and mental short description:
Adam trained hard in the army so is still fairly fit, however in his last few years of living in comfort he has let himself go a little. His mental health is ok though he rarely experiences a flashback to his army days that can cause anger and make him lash out irrationally.

Why do you want this job? (Only for non-citizen characters) Due to having lost everything he had once already, the thought of losing everything again is one he cant bare, he will fight to the death if necessary if it means he can save the country that so gladly adopted him as one of their own.

What makes you fit for this job (ditto)? Adam had extensive training in the army to deal with almost any situation. However he may need someone to calm him down incase of a flashback.

Additional notes (OOC and/or IC): As i have said i might have to cancel once the date is set (i really hope not) and i may have to go for a short while  to have something to eat

Edit: changed some things per request.
The following 1 user Likes BlackForestAdam's post:
  • ArcHammer
(11-08-2014, 02:31 PM)BlackForestAdam Wrote: OOC Information
Steam Name: [FL:RP][G-S]BlackForest
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:50164541
Hours on server: over 800
Bans: 2
Activity on server (1-10): 8-9
Understanding of Half-Life 2 and its lore (explain why and how you know): I have completed the first HL2 (currently on the next episodes)
Why are you applying for this job? Because i loved the role of the rebels in the half life series, fighting for humanity and saving as many as they could
What experience do you have with this RP style? I dont have direct experience with Half Life 2 roleplay however i feel that with my experience on fearless and having played Half Life, it isnt something i cant handle.
Why do you want to join this event? Because i love Half Life and think this is a great way to experience it in a different way.
Why should you be accepted? I enjoy large orgaised roleplays and love to try to help make everyones experience better.
What are the two types of soldiers in the Transhuman Overwatch scheme? Combines and Civil Protection

IC Information

Name: Adam King

Ethnicity: European

History/Backstory of your character:
Adam grew up in a small village on the south coast of england. After barely graduating high school he wanted more, he wanted to travel and he wanted excitement. At 24 Adam joined the army and served for five years before leaving after having to watch one of his best friends die in the battlefield. This left him heartbroken and with nowhere to go he decided to start a new life in a small town called Evocity in America.

Physical and mental short description:
Adam trained hard in the army so is still fairly fit, however in his last few years of living in comfort he has let himself go a little. His mental health is ok though he rarely experiences a flashback to his army days that can cause anger and make him lash out irrationally.

Why do you want this job? (Only for non-citizen characters) Due to having lost everything he had once already, the thought of losing everything again is one he cant bare, he will fight to the death if necessary if it means he can save the country that so gladly adopted him as one of their own.

What makes you fit for this job (ditto)? Adam had extensive training in the army to deal with almost any situation. However he may need someone to calm him down incase of a flashback.

Additional notes (OOC and/or IC): As i have said i might have to cancel once the date is set (i really hope not) and i may have to go for a short while to have something to eat

Application Pending, you need to read over the last part of the lore properly so you can answer the last question of OOC Info correctly.
Also, your character history doesn't really include much about when the Combine invaded, remember this is a global event that occurred, putting Earth under Combine rule.

Hope you can fix those little things!

Sincerely,
ArcHammer

+Rep
OOC Information
Steam Name: [FL:RP] Burgz
Steam ID:  STEAM_0:0:40910221
Hours on server: 500+
Bans: 11 (Last ban - 31114)
Activity on server (1-10): 8
Understanding of Half-Life 2 and its lore (explain why and how you know): Well, I have a lot of understanding in Half-Life 2 since I have played Half life 2 & Half Life 2 episode 2, I have also completed both of them. I also have a good understand of what happend, when when the City was taken over by Combines and the Rebels started a fight with them, But the Combines mostly killed all of the Rebels and some people fled the area.
 Why are you applying for this job? I am applying for this job because I have a lot of experience in Rebel, and I enjoy roleplaying the Rebel life style!
 What experience do you have with this RP style? I am very good at roleplaying Rebel because it brings out my true colours, I am very good at roleplaying a Rebel because I can bring a poor/fugitive person into a Rebels footsteps
Why do you want to join this event? It looks very fun and set out very well!
Why should you be accepted? I should be accepted because I feel I meet the standards  of the event, Yes, I have a bad past of bans, But I have put that behind me and I have took a new path. I also think I should be accepted because I have a lot of experience in Half Life, I think I would be very good for my role and this event because my roleplay is to a high standard and I never act stupid in any of the roleplays I am in. 
What are the two types of soldiers in the Transhuman Overwatch scheme? Combine Soldiers and Elite Soldiers

IC Information
Name: Chris Sanders
Ethnicity: British
History/Backstory of your character: Chris Sanders grew up in Evocity, looking to expand and grab a new life, meaning, move somewhere else, he used to work at the local Mines, mining up Coal and Iron, he was very good at he's job, well he thought he was anyway. And, Let's not forget, When the Combine invaded are village, Jesus, let's not discuss what happened. It wasn't pleasant, well, I can talk about when we escaped the city/town, ahahah, it was amazing, the freedom, the fresh air, I thought it was over, well, I was wrong...
Physical and mental short description: Well, Chris Sanders is a very physical person, But he suffers from depression after he's Parents left him out on the streets.
Why do you want this job? (Only for non-citizen characters) Well, I call myself a very bad guy, I often rob shops and stores in my spare time, and often assault a lot of people, I am a very aggressive person.
  What makes you fit for this job (ditto)? Well, I'm a fit agile character, I often do run a few Miles a day, I'm also very smart and intelligent, so if something goes wrong, I'm always going to fix it, I'm also a part time technician so I'm good with fixing stuff and electrics!  

[b]Additional notes (OOC and/or IC): Nope.
[/b]
The following 1 user Likes BurgZ's post:
  • ArcHammer
that update took a while, for some reason bits kept going missing or the size changed itself for no reason...