Ban Request on Doctor Internet
(10-28-2014, 03:44 PM)Casia Wrote: It's already been established by people before this report that those areas do not count as a street, and there is no jaywalking on them. There's no way to get to get to parts of the map if you don't allow people to cross anywhere but at a zebra crossing - because there's a lack of them. At Cub Foods, there is a sidewalk on both sides of the street, and both sides are accessible by crossings, but in this case, it's not accessible.

[Image: PaCiEoO.jpg]

I believe that you are only desperately clinging to any point you can possibly make to save your ass, but at the end of the day this isn't considered a street, and you shouldn't have warranted several people for standing on it without warning.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
C'mon this is over the edge, you shouldn't arrest people for this. Is that realistic?
Warn the person that he's 'risking his/her life'.

Nobody is going to look left-right-left when crossing that small path.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
SoulRipper Wrote:C'mon this is over the edge, you shouldn't arrest people for this. Is that realistic?
Warn the person that he's 'risking his/her life'.

Nobody is going to look left-right-left when crossing that small path.

And it's worth a ban? For an action that caused, what, the loss of 5 minutes of a player's time?

No material loss? No loss of RP experience?

This would be worthy of what punishment? A demote in-server? Even a warning? What was the point of dragging this out to a ban request?

EDIT: Soul, if you think this is so much of an issue, that it is ban worthy, why are the perma-laws not changing?
Yours
Doctor Internet;

New post since my last post is refusing to edit...

[Image: c0HqMc9tDsRQApof3mkIuvMKqSaM16DP5KLsy5CZqV8]
If it's wrong for me to arrest someone in the green zone by KFC, why isn't it wrong for me to arrest someone jaywalking by the green zone by Cub Foods? They are similar distances away from crosswalks, so...

This entire ban request seems to come down to, again, I didn't really like this, so I'm going to try and get them banned. This isn't really the reason we should have ban requests on fearless, they should be for the people who do wrong. The RDMers, the Propkillers, the hackers, the server crashers. Not that cop who gave you an arrest instead of a fine...

My £2 on the subject anyway...
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Sigh... There is absolutely nothing similar about Cub Foods & the KFC parking lot - what don't you understand? You are putting so much effort into things that make no sense.

I don't care if you get banned, I just know what you did wasn't right, and now it's proven.
What don't you understand?
This was not worthy of a ban request. This would be worthy of a demotion. As some of your friends tried to do, by lying about me. Did you try anything in an In Character context before you resorted to a ban request? Not that I know of. You have taken something that could have easily been dealt with in character, blew it up, insulted me, wasted my time, wasted your own time, wasted Soul's time, wasted the time of the admin that deals with this thread. I mean... It just seems a little over the top to post a BAN request for such a petty thing as this.

Casia Wrote:You have issues
Just remember, that's not a quote from me.

Edit: False Arresting on the scale of 2/3 people, not the jaywalking arrest warrants. Any warrant I make is valid.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

I would have easily handled it in-game with someone had they been online. Do not talk down to me for not trying to talk to you in-character when you didn't try to talk to me in-character either - don't try to still act like I'm the one at fault, when I'm not. Sure, this may not have been worth a ban request to you, but to me it was, especially at the time.

You're right. You deserved a demotion.

Edit: Not too long ago, a few months ago, I was banned for FailRP when the admin who banned me was also FailRPing. I was banned for SEVEN DAYS for doing something completely harmless. When put into perspective of what you did, I feel that our instances were equal in severity and worth a ban request in my eyes - because if I can get banned for 7 days for something completely absurd, I'd expect the same standards to be held to everyone on this server - consistency.
(10-28-2014, 04:25 PM)Casia Wrote: I would have easily handled it in-game with someone had they been online. Do not talk down to me for not trying to talk to you in-character when you didn't try to talk to me in-character either - don't try to still act like I'm the one at fault, when I'm not. Sure, this may not have been worth a ban request to you, but to me it was, especially at the time.

You're right. You deserved a demotion.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

I said it's over the edge to arrest a person for crossing that small path at the KFC's parking lot. You assume you will get banned for it which I haven't said.

TS' OP contained valid arguments. I will leave it as a warning. Arresting for crossing this is not done. You can't compare it with the wide road at the KFC.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.