Ban Request on Doctor Internet
Thread Title: Ban Request on <name>
Name of player: Doctor Internet
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:35377420 (Easy to find from his multiple other bans on the list)
Time in GMT: 2PM GMT
Server: v2d

Summary: I was standing in a parking lot, and then he began to warrant for my arrest - he did this to several other people and all of us agreed that since there was no crossing on the lot, that jaywalking doesn't apply to it. Once we all came to an agreement, he decided to arrest me, and when I spoke about it in OOC, he ignored me.

Evidence: I thought I was recording, but I didn't activate it properly or something. I do have screenshots that should put the puzzle together pretty well.

This is the crossing in question: (1)
This is him warranting us for walking across it, and standing on it: (1) (2) 
When someone tried to build a custom crossway, to prove the point that there wasn't one: (1)
He knew he was in the wrong, so he told me I needed to "jump" across it, to avoid arrest: (1)
Doctor Internet, your side of the story please. You have 24h.

Permalaws Wrote:Only cross streets at the zebra path, and also be careful there.
That is the only thing that really matters. It was 5 minutes for a crime that you commited. Sorry if that offended you in any way.

Edit Expanded:

My warrant request went through before the talk, I think.

Edit Exanded 2:

Requesting a log check, I had various insults chucked at me via OOC PMs by Casia, as well as one on this very ban reqeust.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
Where do you see any zebra path, there?

That isn't considered a street, and I was barely standing on it when you initially began warranting every single person in my area.
(10-28-2014, 03:09 PM)Casia Wrote: Where do you see any zebra path, there?

That isn't considered a street.

There is no crossing down by Cub Foods, that's still a street.

Also, how does insulting me help your case?

Edit For Clarity:
This is the SteamID page.
[Image: mcTVGhxiQU8k_D-G4g9eeutw1RPtVtSSo99bu_LQ9xg]

So you've found my SteamID, gone to the bans page and looked up my bans. For what reason? To make me look worse? To try and influence your case in the courthouse? Despicable.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Cub Foods is clearly a street, as it's wide enough for two lanes and cars to move feely, and also has markings on it as a street does. This is a driveway, there is no jaywalking on a driveway... And you knew it, too. It wasn't a mistake.

Edit: No, I didn't know that existed. When I used to play this server months ago, that's how I found steamID's. You make the case look worse all on your own..
Uhuh. Please answer me, is this a street, or a driveway?
[Image: Narrow-streets.jpeg]
Yours
Doctor Internet;

What?

This is completely different from the situation at hand. This is not leading to a business, this is not leading to a parking lot for a business, those are homes.. Clearly that is a street, but what we are talking about is a parking lot. That doesn't prove anything, and I'm extremely confused as to how you think that helps your case..

You know you shouldn't have warranted us, and you did it anyways.

My responses are done, because it's resorted to that picture right there.
I did my job. That is what I did. Just because a road is an entrance to a business does not except it from laws. Because of the take away, that is an access road. It also has vehicular traffic, so thus I can arrest you for Jaywalking.

To example my point. This is the access road for Severn Park Fire Training College. I did a FPOS Course there.
[Image: 4535-l.jpg]
The access road comes off of the A403, turns into the car park. Is that road not a road because it only leads to the car park, and because it is fairly narrow? No, of course not. It leads to a business and is narrow, how are these any different?
Yours
Doctor Internet;

It's already been established by people before this report that those areas do not count as a street, and there is no jaywalking on them. There's no way to get to get to parts of the map if you don't allow people to cross anywhere but at a zebra crossing - because there's a lack of them. At Cub Foods, there is a sidewalk on both sides of the street, and both sides are accessible by crossings, but in this case, it's not accessible.

[Image: PaCiEoO.jpg]

I believe that you are only desperately clinging to any point you can possibly make to save your ass, but at the end of the day this isn't considered a street, and you shouldn't have warranted several people for standing on it without warning.