Backseat Administration
(10-15-2014, 02:47 PM)Wood Wrote: If I see a rule break, I'll always PM the person before BRing, explain what's wrong with what they've done and politely ask them to do a read of the rules. 95% of the time they listen and do it.

I'm not one to instantly post BRs, everyone makes mistakes, I did when I first played and people helped me, and now I've got to a point I feel I am a decent RPer.

If you kill a rulebreaker, your as bad as them for breaking the rules. Two wrongs don't make a right, as the saying goes.

^ Do this, Wood is completly right. ^
I really can't be arsed to read all the comments, so this has probably already been said.

However, in my opinion I don't see anything wrong with handling a minge by yourself. You can do all you want, as long as it is inside the boundaries of the rules.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 2 users Like equal's post:
  • Jono, Nevy
It shouldn't be backstreet administration if it's an In character problem.

If someone is running at you, trying to kill you with a giant board of plastic, you should be able to detain them. They're trying to kill you, regardless if their weapon is in character or out of character. (Not sure if that made sense, but I hope you get my point.)
A more fitting signature. 
The following 4 users Like Jono's post:
  • Chumps, equal, Nevy, Decay
I enjoy making the best out of a bad situation, theres no way you can stop them without breaking rules most of the time so I usually just turn it into some sort of wacky RP.
(10-16-2014, 01:53 PM)Jono Wrote: It shouldn't be backstreet administration if it's an In character problem.

If someone is running at you, trying to kill you with a giant board of plastic, you should be able to detain them. They're trying to kill you, regardless if their weapon is in character or out of character. (Not sure if that made sense, but I hope you get my point.)

Since when is physgunning IC? Physgun is OOC and all the uses of it is thought to be OOC, IE prop pushing with physgun.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 2 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Rain, Zecon
It just takes patience. When I started RPing for the first time in FL I didn't even knew about existence of this rule. Years gone by and I already got used to the fact that backseat administration is more of a risk rather than a help to the community. There's a reason we are not admins/mods. The FL staff member team passed that "test" that granted them a trust and ability to use their best judgement as they are very experienced in RP.
Prop-pushing is one of the things that is harder to find an IC reason to retaliate against. As Flood said, physgunning is an OOC thing and technically anything related to the physgun (Such as using it to prop smash) is something we cannot really enforce.

I get the problem, it's hard not to do anything. Sadly the only way to do something about it is to record them or even just a screenshot that shows them holding a prop can be enough to get them banned.

I believe a solution will be implemented into the servers soon, so just be patient 
Backseat administration is extremely hypocritical and you're mistaken if you think it isn't. The core problem of it is that players who backseat administrate attribute to themselves the "Batman" mentality or in other words "It's a burden, but I have to do it for the community". That's wrong and hypocritical. The one thing minges and trolls want is attention and a reaction from the people on the server. If you not only react but start a game of cat and mouse with them, they'll have a blast and you'll end up banned as collateral damage.

Inform, record, post ban request, continue like everything is normal.
The following 3 users Like DoomDude1's post:
  • Link, Burnett, Nevy
(10-18-2014, 09:51 AM)DoomDude1 Wrote: Backseat administration is extremely hypocritical and you're mistaken if you think it isn't. The core problem of it is that players who backseat administrate attribute to themselves the "Batman" mentality or in other words "It's a burden, but I have to do it for the community". That's wrong and hypocritical. The one thing minges and trolls want is attention and a reaction from the people on the server. If you not only react but start a game of cat and mouse with them, they'll have a blast and you'll end up banned as collateral damage.

Thanks man! I'll wait the 3-5 weeks delay for my ban request to get reviewed by the staff.

Meanwhile.. This guy can run around.
[Image: e0fXWn1.jpg]
[Image: t0qv58Q.jpg]

I really don't wan't to sound like a douchebag or sound rude, but if something like this happens, it's pretty hard to carry on when you want to roleplay.

And I know that you guys have other stuff to do, I know, I  know.. But the ban requests takes years before they get looked at. My friend have a ban request on somebody, and it have been there for a good amount of time now (3 weeks). While these ban requests wait, the minges still have a chance to ruin our roleplay.

I will of course follow your advise, no questions asked, but I'm just saying that there should be another way to handle this.
The following 1 user Likes Mist's post:
  • Safira
(10-18-2014, 11:08 AM)Mist Wrote:
(10-18-2014, 09:51 AM)DoomDude1 Wrote: Backseat administration is extremely hypocritical and you're mistaken if you think it isn't. The core problem of it is that players who backseat administrate attribute to themselves the "Batman" mentality or in other words "It's a burden, but I have to do it for the community". That's wrong and hypocritical. The one thing minges and trolls want is attention and a reaction from the people on the server. If you not only react but start a game of cat and mouse with them, they'll have a blast and you'll end up banned as collateral damage.

Thanks man! I'll wait the 3-5 weeks delay for my ban request to get reviewed by the staff.

Meanwhile.. This guy can run around.
[Image: e0fXWn1.jpg]
[Image: t0qv58Q.jpg]

I really don't wan't to sound like a douchebag or sound rude, but if something like this happens, it's pretty hard to carry on when you want to roleplay.

And I know that you guys have other stuff to do, I know, I  know.. But the ban requests takes years before they get looked at. My friend have a ban request on somebody, and it have been there for a good amount of time now (3 weeks). While these ban requests wait, the minges still have a chance to ruin our roleplay.

I will of course follow your advise, no questions asked, but I'm just saying that there should be another way to handle this.

Those pics are so old, at least before 2013, hell even before Gmod13, duuuuuude.
Kind Regards,
Floodify