Ability to change text of existing notes
Title of Suggestion: Ability to change text of existing notes

Description: After a note has been created via the /note <text> command, you could modify the text of the note without having to create a new one. It could work in several ways:
  • Aiming at the note and using /note <text> would change the text of the note you're aiming at and not spawn a new one.
  • Aiming at the note and using a new command, such as /noteedit <text> would change the text of the note you're aiming at.
  • Aiming at the note and using a new command, such as /noteedit would bring up a derma menu for changing the text, in which you would be able to edit the current text and change it as you wish.
The permission to edit a note could also be resolved in several ways:
  • The owner of the note can edit it.
  • Anyone on the note owner's buddy list can edit it.
  • Anyone can edit it (would be disabled for each note by default, but if the /noteedit derma menu would be added there could be a simple check-box there to allow this).
  • A combination of the above.
Why:
  • Aligning and moving notes into the correct or aligned position while possible is still difficult. Every time you wish to make a small edit to a note, you have to go through the whole alignment/positioning process again, as you need to make a new one.
  • Could assist in interview, job sign up, document signing, or any other RP that involves documents or checks. I know that anything that has to do with these things can be RP'd, but we have notes for a reason, don't we? They can serve as a great tool to enhance RP not only as a sign in a shop, but as the aforementioned documents as well. Being able to change the text of a note on the fly would make roleplaying with them faster and more realistic.
+support
Don't see why not.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
+Support

Everything was explained in the general post.
+Support.
+Support

No harm to cause.
Nice suggestion!
+Support I have encountered this and it's a right pain in the ****.

+support
Don't like to rewrite notes when I misspelled something
[img=0x250]http://i.imgur.com/rd1bm3k.png[/img]
+ Support
+Support

I would've loved having this feature while managing expenses and income on some RPs I've done instead of everytime deleting a note, And spawning another one. ( In the end I actually had to write down IRL the informations I needed kept. )
This would then promote RP as an accountant. Which is probably not very "exciting" to many, but to me, it definetly is.
[Image: 12473901_933732913347783_949322245171697917_o.jpg]
+Support