Fearless Missing
(10-20-2015, 08:46 AM)SnowredWolf Wrote:
(10-20-2015, 08:05 AM)Spear Wrote: I tried to clean my old Asus computer (that had Intel core i7) to see if it would be better and today I am going to try download garrys mod and try to join the server. The reason why my computer broke is because my virus protection program only lasted one year and I couldn't afford to buy a new period. Then my computer got attacked by a thousands of viruses. But till the browser is full of advertisement that I don't know how to remove but I might manage to download garrys mod and join the server if it isn't to much Lagg. But I am still saving for a new Asus =)

Nuke the computer and reinstall everything? Wink
It's fantastic to use Autonuke, done it to my parents computer a ton of times..
http://web.uflib.ufl.edu/libsys/Liaisons...tions.html

Oh and hopefully we'll talk on the servers again! :3

Thank you for the tip, going to try that when I come home.
Yeah, hopefully we'll meet =)
(10-20-2015, 08:59 AM)Spear Wrote:
(10-20-2015, 08:05 AM)Spear Wrote: I tried to clean my old Asus computer (that had Intel core i7) to see if it would be better and today I am going to try download garrys mod and try to join the server. The reason why my computer broke is because my virus protection program only lasted one year and I couldn't afford to buy a new period. Then my computer got attacked by a thousands of viruses. But till the browser is full of advertisement that I don't know how to remove but I might manage to download garrys mod and join the server if it isn't to much Lagg. But I am still saving for a new Asus =)

Just a warning, do it overnight as it can take up to 12h :3
(10-20-2015, 09:14 AM)SnowredWolf Wrote:
(10-20-2015, 08:59 AM)Spear Wrote:

Just a warning, do it overnight as it can take up to 12h :3

Aha okay, thanks. Really appreciate your support ; )
The following 1 user Likes Spear's post:
  • Rylund
The computer is going to stay up during the night for a reset and a total clean. Everything is going to be removed and let's hope that it is going to be like new tomorrow when I wake up. And then after Collage I'll try to download everything to join the server. I'm so exited!
(10-20-2015, 07:28 PM)Spear Wrote: The computer is going to stay up during the night for a reset and a total clean. Everything is going to be removed and let's hope that it is going to be like new tomorrow when I wake up. And then after Collage I'll try to download everything to join the server. I'm so exited!

Using DBAN removes everything - and I really mean everything - from your hard drive, including your Windows installation. Make sure you have a Windows installation CD or USB-key at your desposal to reinstall when everything is removed. 

To be honest DBAN really isn't need for a reinstall. It's supposed to be used for when you're disposing of equipment and don't want anyone to be able to restore data. You'll be keeping the actual computer yourself, so that's not a worry to have. 

Of course, the decision is yours, but with free tools you can clean your computer, and protect your computer from future malware and viruses. If you're interested, you should scan with MBAM and TDSSKiller. To protect yourself in the future, you can use free software such as AVG Free. Antivirus or not, utilize caution when browsing. Avoid clicking links that aren't trustworthy, don't open unknown files, etc, etc.
(10-20-2015, 07:41 PM)Joykill Wrote:
(10-20-2015, 07:28 PM)Spear Wrote: The computer is going to stay up during the night for a reset and a total clean. Everything is going to be removed and let's hope that it is going to be like new tomorrow when I wake up. And then after Collage I'll try to download everything to join the server. I'm so exited!

Using DBAN removes everything - and I really mean everything - from your hard drive, including your Windows installation. Make sure you have a Windows installation CD or USB-key at your desposal to reinstall when everything is removed. 

To be honest DBAN really isn't need for a reinstall. It's supposed to be used for when you're disposing of equipment and don't want anyone to be able to restore data. You'll be keeping the actual computer yourself, so that's not a worry to have. 

Of course, the decision is yours, but with free tools you can clean your computer, and protect your computer from future malware and viruses. If you're interested, you should scan with MBAM and TDSSKiller. To protect yourself in the future, you can use free software such as AVG Free. Antivirus or not, utilize caution when browsing. Avoid clicking links that aren't trustworthy, don't open unknown files, etc, etc.

Didn't use it =)
My browser was to laggy and full of advertisement so I wasn't able to use it. So instead I went to the computer settings and there I chose to clean exactly everything and redownload windows. So tomorrow I hope everything will be fine :3
(10-20-2015, 07:41 PM)Joykill Wrote: To protect yourself in the future, you can use free software such as AVG Free. Antivirus or not, utilize caution when browsing. Avoid clicking links that aren't trustworthy, don't open unknown files, etc, etc.

Thanks, can get in use for this Smile
It actually worked, I fixed my computer and now it is clean and now I am able to play GMOD again. I joined the server for ca 2h and I got so happy, these memories. I have finally come home again =)
Now I don't need to buy a new computer in a while. But I am still going to buy a new as soon as possible.
Thanks everyone for the great support and the nice comments, I really appreciate it and I am looking forward to meet you all on the server for some happy Role-play.
Thanks! =)