Poll: Read Last Sentence
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
50.00%
5 50.00%
No
50.00%
5 50.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Private Gas Station BS
I recently started playing again and the first day back i find a group of people called FAMUKU. Which was when i found that citizens have the same amount of power as the police force when there friend is president. Which allows them to do as they please. Arresting people for driving behind them. Today i got on to find out that if i want to buy gas i have to pay to get into the gas station to pay to buy the actual gas.  Which bring me to a question i have for all of you. How many times have you had to pay to be able to use the gas pump? (Then having to buy the gas)
How many times? That would be a no.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • GRiiM
You pay $200 per fill due to FLs bloated economy, 200 is nothing at all even to new players.

You also had the choice to buy a frequent fillers card for $1500 to allow unlimited use that regardless of fuel price increases which in the worst case scenario can reach $500 "Raids, world events, government shutdown etc can force price increases" Would allow you to pay the lowest price.

It baffles me why you have such an issue with haveing to RP a bit to get gas at a gas station, and pay an amount that is on par with the servers economy
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BlackDog's post:
  • GRiiM
The phrase that would best describe your whole power issue would be 'government contract', aiding the police in their responsibilities as they tend to be understaffed and not as necessarily equipped as they should be. The citizen job was made to be the most flexible position in the whole of FL. You'll see people running around under this job class as FBI, Corleone/Rebel Assist, Vice President, Presidential Guard, and various other clans whom set their job title relevant to their position in their respective clans. The Citizen job is meant to be relaxed, to allow people to do what they want. Clans in themselves are a good example. Virtually all clans you see on the server play in the Citizen slot because they're unbound by restrictions placed on other jobs. In regards to this gas station hiatus, Blackdog received consent from administrator (who I'm told had discussed this idea with other administrators before coming back with his decision) to privatize gas stations. As bother gas station buildings can be privately owned, it only makes sense that the actual pumps can be privately owned as they're part of the business' s property. In that sense, as the pumps are privately owned, the decision of who has acess to petrol can also be controlled, through reasonable measures. The only reason which I can see for any dissent is that something like this has never been done before. As long as the influx of customers can be handled efficiently at the gas stations, I see no issues with the privatization of the petrol industry on Fearless.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
The following 1 user Likes Toxic's post:
  • GRiiM
Find me a gas station that requires a admission fee to pump up. That's usually covered when you're done filling up and you pay the attendant. If you're not blocking both gas stations so people have to pay a flat rate I don't really see a problem.
I pay before I'm able to pump my gas. Look at it like that. You pay the worker(s), they turn the pump on.

We control both gas stations. If you don't want to pay the fee to use the pumps, you're more than welcome to import your own fuel. (Buy it from the market for 1000 for 50%.) By the clan doing this rp, we're doing our own thing, and promoting taxi rp. It's rare that the taxi/bus drivers are used. Everyone already has a car. Gas is cheap. Pay 1500 and get a card you use to get in when ever. It's not a lot. Most people are driving 100k+ cars. Just go along with a RP for once.
[img=0x250]http://i.imgur.com/rd1bm3k.png[/img]
The following 1 user Likes SirCrow's post:
  • Nevy
(09-23-2014, 03:59 AM)Sgtbender2000 Wrote: Find me a gas station that requires a admission fee to pump up. That's usually covered when you're done filling up and you pay the attendant. If you're not blocking both gas stations so people have to pay a flat rate I don't really see a problem.

In real life the gas stations is owned by a private company, who will make the profit, no one makes any profit from the original gas station, so i'd assume that's the gas price, and the fee was the profit.
What's your point exactly?
Are you upset that you had to pay an extra $1,500 to get gas during the hours you was on the server or that you had to get out of your car and actually interact with other players (If that's the case then I really don't think you're suited for roleplay)?
The following 1 user Likes GRiiM's post:
  • Greed^
He actualy paid only $300, maybe $600 in total for the potential two times he used the station, he more or less boycotted the entire thing and early on did everything he could to impede it, generaly in a very mingey way.

In terms of a "profit" We made no profit by operateing this because we constantly advertised how it operated so people would know to flag down a service attendent or wait for one to get to them. "To which glen was quoted saying "If your not makeing a profit, why bother doing it?"

This also cut down on police chases because no crook could keep escapeing and refilling to go on their mayhem again because all stations were alerted to a car being wanted, this car would be blacklisted from each station, or used as bait to trap them for the police, one such inccident was solved when the guy tried to pull in to keep repainting his car to avoid the police, where upon the 3rd time of him doing this he was detained by station staff for the police
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 2 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • GRiiM, Greed^
I don't even get why people are mad, this allowed alot of RPing, both as criminal, citizen, and government.
The following 1 user Likes Greed^'s post:
  • GRiiM