Another map for the V2P server
Why can't you assemble a team of developers or something a long the lines to make a map? Like a 6 month project.
With people you trust and know can get something done?
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • RockHunter
Haarek, that has been attempted too many times yet nothing has been finished. Hence why no custom map is being made..
Kind Regards,
Floodify
FL could always put an ad @ Facepunch for a mapper...
I don't think Soul will invest money in a map to be honest.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Custom maps often never get finished anyway, we've been trying it 3 times already.

Let's choose an existing map.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
Then aim for something completely different to V33X and V2D, like the two maps below: (they'd have to be edited to be used for RP but..meh)

GM_mountainside
[Image: xsOQfqT.jpg][Image: 1sZF0Vq.jpg]

gm_coldsnow

[Image: 0A581B51171C990805B06C0AC91F42C8D363B707]

[Image: 637x358.resizedimage]
I don't think editing a map is the most optional solution as for now to be honest. A map like that is basicly like doing a map from scratch ..
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(09-18-2014, 11:39 AM)Floodify Wrote: rp_redford - PLEASE F*CKING USE THIS AND WAIT FOR THE RELEASE !!
That map looks amazing.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
Quote:Then aim for something completely different to V33X and V2D, like the two maps below

Emphasis on 'like' .  V2p was insanely popular for about 4 weeks because everyone was gawping at the size of the lake and the cliffs (and throwing themselves off of it ) then it began to blow cold .
I'm partial to rp_littletown, gm_mountainside and coldsnow myself. The other maps suggested do look sweet, but they either have their own size and spacing problems, or they're just too similar to evocity. Yeah sure they may have improved textures and the like, but they're still basically the same city and it's dull now.

gm_mountainside and coldsnow look pretty interesting, they'd both open up a lot of new RP opportunities. How big are they? rp_littletown is closer than the others to evocity, but there's still a lot of difference and the small map size will mean that people will RP together more, and it also makes it easier to moderate. If everyone is closer together, they're more visible to staff and it takes less time to patrol. I think part of the reason staff essentially abandoned v2p at the start was the difficulty involved in moderating it, where nearly everyone was far apart from each other.