Another map for the V2P server
(10-11-2014, 02:03 PM)ThatGirlSurinaaaaa Wrote:
(10-11-2014, 10:25 AM)Floodify Wrote: "We" a're looking for a map that does resemble a city map , such as 2p, but slightly smaller. The theme yes, the size no

I'm so sorry I thought I was part of a community and this was a thread to ask our opinions.
Thank you for clarifying what we you're looking for, though. I guess Retribution is the best, then.

I never insisted on that you weren't a part of the community. The problem with 2p has always been the size, because people are just too spread out and they don't interact. Whilst littletown does is great looking and perfect for interaction, it is way too small for IE cars (as said by Soul). Rockford for example is also way too big, think it's bigger than 2p even. What I was trying to point out was that maps, size wise and theme wise needs to be balanced, IE we can't have City 7 map or a map that has a map range stretched out so that hammer (map program) can't make it bigger. But this is the main objective; Find suitable theme map and suitable size for 50 players, as the current problem lays in player limitations and too big of a map.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(10-11-2014, 10:25 AM)Floodify Wrote: "We" a're looking for a map that does resemble a city map , such as 2p, but slightly smaller. The theme yes, the size no

I'm so sorry I thought I was part of a community and this was a thread to ask our opinions.
Thank you for clarifying what we you're looking for, though. I guess Retribution is the best, then.

Shots fired
Soul has said this to me about Littletown; "Littletown is too small for cars, and besides, it's CityRP, not TownRP." I like littetown and its possibilities, although I have to agree that it doesn't fit in with the section "City Maps". Theme = City Map.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Evanswachtz
(10-11-2014, 02:10 PM)Floodify Wrote:

I never insisted on that you weren't a part of the community. The problem with 2p has always been the size, because people are just too spread out and they don't interact. Whilst littletown does is great looking and perfect for interaction, it is way too small for IE cars (as said by Soul). Rockford for example is also way too big, think it's bigger than 2p even. What I was trying to point out was that maps, size wise and theme wise needs to be balanced, IE we can't have City 7 map or a map that has a map range stretched out so that hammer (map program) can't make it bigger. But this is the main objective; Find suitable theme map and suitable size for 50 players, as the current problem lays in player limitations and too big of a map.

Alright, that's fair enough. I can see the flaws in littletown, I guess I liked it because I of its originality.
I just didn't understand why you had put 'we' in inverted commas, as if you were stating that it is just some people who's input is valid.

Its in the past though, so I'll end here, otherwise I'll go full-out raging in a minge-in-ooc manner.  Angel
Okay?
(This is where you say 'Okay.' and I get to fangirl a little bit)

If I said WE I thought it would look like it was from a staff point of view, what I was really meaning was player-wise and not related to any staff related business. Pardon me if I was unclear in that matter..
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(10-11-2014, 02:29 PM)Floodify Wrote: If I said WE I thought it would look like it was from a staff point of view, what I was really meaning was player-wise and not related to any staff related business. Pardon me if I was unclear in that matter..

You never said 'Okay'  Sad
I now have to jump off the cliff in v2p 

Rp_Evocity_v4b1

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1296119

DL -  https://mega.co.nz/#!5plHWRLR!DnmlOB...e39aNyMUrHFWek

Updated Version of v33x (Possibly do a test run of this map as a replacement to v2p and test popularity) - Might be an alternative to the current v33x version

Code:
-Added various props to the GC.
-Fixed some of the tunnels around town.
-Added sidewalk to downtown tunnel and moved the building near the hotel back to make the sidewalk usable again.
-Added new impound yard.
-Refurbished MTL to include full maintenance bay, 3 garage bus storage, and a new transfer terminal building with dock safety lights.
-Refurbed the concrete plant.
-Fixed doors
-Added new motel.
-Added another night club.
-Tore down old white subs house.
-Added decks to 2 of the sub houses as well as updated kitchens to all 3 remaining houses.
-Removed for lease signs.
-Added a sign on the hotel.
-fixed some displacement issues and ability to get behind the map near hersh.
-Fixed problem where people would drive their cars into the teleport elevator in the GC.
-Removed glitchy water in suburbs.
Think this map contains some simple but nice touch ups. 
(10-12-2014, 12:55 AM)Nevy Wrote: Rp_Evocity_v4b1

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1296119

DL -  https://mega.co.nz/#!5plHWRLR!DnmlOB...e39aNyMUrHFWek

Updated Version of v33x (Possibly do a test run of this map as a replacement to v2p and test popularity) - Might be an alternative to the current v33x version

Code:
-Added various props to the GC.
-Fixed some of the tunnels around town.
-Added sidewalk to downtown tunnel and moved the building near the hotel back to make the sidewalk usable again.
-Added new impound yard.
-Refurbished MTL to include full maintenance bay, 3 garage bus storage, and a new transfer terminal building with dock safety lights.
-Refurbed the concrete plant.
-Fixed doors
-Added new motel.
-Added another night club.
-Tore down old white subs house.
-Added decks to 2 of the sub houses as well as updated kitchens to all 3 remaining houses.
-Removed for lease signs.
-Added a sign on the hotel.
-fixed some displacement issues and ability to get behind the map near hersh.
-Fixed problem where people would drive their cars into the teleport elevator in the GC.
-Removed glitchy water in suburbs.
Think this map contains some simple but nice touch ups. 

Not enough change from v33x to warrant a different server for it.
If anything, it could replace v33x but we need a different map for the v2p server instead of a remake.

But, there are some changes I don't like. For example, adding things to the warehouses in MTL limits what you can do with them. I actually don't think it'd be worth it.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
(10-12-2014, 02:17 AM)ArcHammer Wrote:
(10-12-2014, 12:55 AM)Nevy Wrote: Updated Version of v33x (Possibly do a test run of this map as a replacement to v2p and test popularity) - Might be an alternative to the current v33x version

Not enough change from v33x to warrant a different server for it.
If anything, it could replace v33x but we need a different map for the v2p server instead of a remake.

But, there are some changes I don't like. For example, adding things to the warehouses in MTL limits what you can do with them. I actually don't think it'd be worth it.

They only added hydraulic lifts to lift the vehicles up?
And if you read my post basically I said we could run it on the v2p server to test and see if people like that version better (Because there are certain features that make the map better in my opinion) and it was not a request to make the map stay on that v2p server slot as I believe a different (Preferably non-Evocity) map could take that slot.
my personal vote goes to rp retribution, if the stairs can be fixed i would LOVE to see it on fearless!
[Image: B1ry4Eh.png]
Have I helped? Well you could always Rep meh!