The Rules - A User Friendly Edition [Part 1]

The following section is going to elaborate on rules by making them easier to understand and also by providing useful examples to some of the rules. This first part will include just the General Rules that a person should know. Some things are left out that are not as important.

Use HACKS, CHEATS, or ABUSING GLITCHES = PERMANENT BAN

Quote:This revolves around using third party scripts/programs in order to gain an advantage.

(Aimbot, Speed Hacks, Etcetera) 

[Image: LYfcfas.png]
[Image: 013x00y.png]

[Image: Q2xnOIG.png]

No Random Punching! 
You must have a valid reason.

Quote:Punch-Whoring is the act of just randomly punching someone a bunch of times without a valid reason to do so.

Use common sense to determine what is a valid reason. For the purpose of this thread I am going to list a few scenarios

1. If someone insults you
    2. If someone punches you 
                             3. If someone instigates (encourages) a fight
      4. If someone threatens you

If you decide to punch someone randomly, expect to be another name on the list of bans.

[Image: RRA7Cqf.png]
[Image: t1Q65Ou.png]

[Image: Q2xnOIG.png]

Do not RECONNECT, SUICIDE or CHANGE JOB to AVOID ROLEPLAY SITUATIONS.

Quote:If you disconnect in order to avoid any role play situation, you will be punished. Such RP Situations include, but are not limited to..

1. Being arrested
        2. Being taken hostage
                     3. Being forced to do something

If you reconnect to avoid an RP situation you will face the same consequences. Here are some examples..

1. Reconnecting to avoid arrest
                            2. Reconnecting because you couldn't find your car
                         3. Reconnecting because you were held hostage.
                       4. Reconnecting to be able to respawn your car

If you commit suicide to avoid an RP situation, you will again face the same consequences. 

Changing Jobs is the same as suicide/reconnecting and you will face consequences if you do it to avoid an RP situation.

[Image: ST12NsK.png]
[Image: C9S49xa.png]
[Image: umUeYU5.png]

DO NOT INSULT player's or administrators In Out-Of-Character Chat (OOC)

Quote:Using OOC (Out of Character Chat)
[ // - Double slash indicates you are speaking in OOC]

To lash out at player's and/or administrators will result in punishments determined at the admin's discretion.

Spoiler: List Of Bad Words

These are just some of the words that you should NEVER use for any reason In-Character or Out-Of-Character.

F-a-g-g-o-t

F-a-g
Gay
Homosexual
N-i-g-g-e-r
N-e-g-r-o
N-i-g-g-a
KKK
Hitler
Nazi

Use of some words may lead to bans that go for several weeks, months or sometimes even longer.

[Image: WpHrGJT.png]
[Image: hd5jRRY.png]

Do As Admin's Say!

Even if you not agree, arguing isn't going to help.

Quote:If an admin insists you delete your prop(s), do as he says. You may possibly be breaking a rule (Such as public building, etc) and you are not realizing it.

If you have any arguments, collect evidence of an Admin you believe is being abusive and 

navigate to the Admin Abuse thread in the forums to report such activity.

[Image: kj9qT8l.png]

Don't randomly fire your gun
"without reason"

Quote:This rule states that you should not, fire your weapon randomly. It is classified as FailRP if you run around firing 

your weapon into the air because it is fun or for whatever reason. 

An appropriate place to conduct such behavior is out in the middle of nowhere... avoid doing this in the city!

SCAMMING = PERMANENT BAN

Quote:Deceiving someone out of something.

-Examples-

1. You say you are selling an item. The person pays you an amount of money for said item and you then do not deliver the item promised.

2. Giving someone something other than what they were told they were going to get.

[Image: Ygs7lFI.png]
[Image: 7cPsMeN.png]

Do Not Steal Items On The Ground
that are being dropped by players who are conducting a trade

Quote:Two users are making a trade. The user pays the person and the person then places the item on the ground. You MAY NOT run up and take the item that has been dropped.

[Image: ziYwF8Y.png]

Do Not Enforce The Rules
"Backseat Administrating"

Do not enforce the server rules on someone, unless it is truly effecting your player in-character.

*Video by KPred shows a good example of Backseat Administration - A user being arrested for PropBlocking!

Quote:Examples of Backseat Administrating

A user is prop pushing and you kill them simply because of that.

A user is CDMing other people and you shoot them because of that.

A user is prop spamming and you kill them.                        

As a police officer, you cannot arrest people for breaking the rules.

Acceptable In-Character Reactions

If you are a police officer, CDM is something that you can/should enforce. Shooting them is counter-producting so try and resort to getting them arrested. Vehicular Manslaughter is an in-character crime, so make sure they pay the time for doing the crime.

Shooting someone for trying to run YOU over is acceptable in most circumstances (Probably not with trabant drivers)

[Image: RkGsczE.png]

Do not jump on ragdolled players 
(Injured, Sleeping, Tranquilized, Etc)
Quote:This means that rag dolled players are not a trampoline.

When you step on an injured/sleeping/tranquilzed player it does do damage to them.

[Image: 5DO2RJE.png]
[Image: VRibTNz.png]

Follow FearRP - Be Afraid of Guns
When someone has a gun pointed at you while you are unarmed, you must do as they say.

Quote:FearRP is Very Important.

It is one of the most common reasons that people get banned for. 

FearRP Means..

YOU ARE AFRAID OF A WEAPON

This means that if someone is pointing a gun at you directly, you are going to act afraid because you value your life.

This also applies to being near someone that is wielding a melee weapon (Knife, Crowbar). FearRP would apply if they are within striking range.

I am providing an example of FearRP (Different game mode but the same rule)

[Image: yEAqIIo.png]
[Image: JQAuCmA.png]

*Thread being updated to provide more examples
The following 4 users Like Nevy's post:
  • James_Gaff, Burnett, Suarez, Dauntless
Wow, nice simple rules explanation!
Awesome job, Nevy! Lovely to read!
Neat, nice and slik look. Awesome work, sir!

But I thought that the rules were simple enough xD?
One day I got arrested for Propkilling, which I didn't do, I sat on a chair, then when I stood up, It went flying, result on the death of the officer, then He came back, tasered me, hancuffed me and then when he warranted me for arrest: Reason Propkill, I instantly called an admin, he didn't blacklisted or ban him, he just gave him a warning.
Mexico is not safe
Good job!
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
God Damn, you can tell you spent time on this, good work!
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Great sheet! Keep up the good work!

- moved to useful docs
A bit old, moving to archive.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]