So i just began year 10...
I began year ten last thursday, and i haven't gotten a whole load of information about it at all! Can anyone who's been through year ten tell me what to expect?
Honest answers appreciated.
For anyone interested, my subjects are as follows:
Maths
English
English Literature
Science double award [Edexcel]
Geography [bachelorette degree]
Computer science.
And citizenship.
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
Easy. I know many people who have pissed about through the whole year and the next, (Me included) and got pretty decent GCSEs. What are you aiming for/predicted?
A more fitting signature. 
I have just started in Year 11, I don't know how your school will be so I can't give exact answers. What we did was split English into 1 each year so we did our English Literature GSCE in year 10 and now do English Language in Year 11. This is a hell of a lot more easier and can't focus on one at a time and not have them overlap. The books we focused on within English Literature to analyse the whole book on were "Lord of the Flies", "Of Mice and Men" and "Blood Brothers" and basically you will do two novels and a play to focus on.

All the rest of subjects include quite a lot of controlled assessments, within Science will most likely have to do an ISA at some point within the year which is producing an experiment of your own to answer a question. Maths was the same as other years due to the fact you learn but a lot more harder things, the GSCE's will come the next year.

Other than that I do not have any other subjects that you have. In addition to this around June you will have 2-3 weeks of mock exams, these determine what grade you are currently working at and gives you a feel of what the real exams will be like in Year 11. If you have any more questions about any of this then please send me a message or post back in here.
Kind Regards,
Arxxy
Fearless Donator

Just started Year 11 here.

You can see my GCSE subjects in the GCSE thread of "School" sub-forum.

I'll be starting my Physics, Biology and Chemistry ISAs very shortly. Mock exams in December and the my final GCSEs in May/June.

Going to be a very short and fast year! I'm expecting a lot from myself.
I'm going to be aiming for pretty much A* all-round, but I wouldn't mind in some subjects like Spanish or BCS to drop to an A.
Regards,
aviator
Have they changed the English baccalaureate degree? I swear you needed a language to get into it, as well as a humanity (which you have)
Kind Regards,
Wood.
Not much really happens, well for me it didn't anyway, i'm in year 11
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
I just started foundation.
Believe me Ive just started college
GCSEs dont mean shit as long as you get the grades you need to continue
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
The following 1 user Likes Barkles's post:
  • Ivan Tempski
I'm in the same boat as you Tandy. Just started Year 10 as well, having already done a Spanish GCSE which I failed along with about half my class cause AQA changed the mark scheme half way through my course. Other than that, Year 10 seems a lot like year 9, just a little more work at a faster pace Smile
(09-05-2014, 08:06 PM)Wood Wrote: Have they changed the English baccalaureate degree? I swear you needed a language to get into it, as well as a humanity (which you have)
For our school, yes.
Pretty much in year 10 you do your first GCSE, which is just the normal English. [Not sure exactly what yet.] And then in year 11 you do your English Literature.
It's pretty shitty actually. No one has bothered telling us absolutely ANY information about how the next two years of my life will be like, and how i should prepare for it.
Also. Thank you so much guys for the information and tips.
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member