What Frustrates you?
(09-05-2014, 08:06 PM)Aviator Wrote: Smoking weed most definitely isn't good for you. Just putting it out there...

It's also not bad for you. It's like chocolate. If you have too much and waste your money on it rather than things that matter, you're screwed. If you have enough money to get some to please yourself, then it's fine. What makes you thing smoking it is so bad?
Sig by Dex. Check it here!
Comparing weed to chocolate is really shocking and worrying, in my opinion.

As described by Walrus the Overlord:
The effects of it are immediately apparent. A rapid heart beat, disorientation, lack of physical coordination, depression.

These are only short-term issues.
I agree, chocolate can be bad for you - but if in moderation it is fine or if you're physically active it will have little affect on your health.

Smoking weed can and will become an addition. It isn't always taken in moderation. In fact, the smoke from weed is very much the same as tobacco smoke. It has carcinogens (cancer-causing substances).

"One major research study reported that a single cannabis joint could cause as much damage to the lungs as up to five regular cigarettes smoked one after another. Long-time joint smokers often suffer from bronchitis, an inflammation of the respiratory tract." [Excerpt from www.drugfreeworld.org]

I am seriously shocked at your comparison to chocolate, since chocolate doesn't contain thousands of toxic substances, carcinogens and a drug which alters your brains functions negatively like weed smoke does.

That is what makes me think smoking weed is bad. It is no different to smoking tobacco, except weed has a greater affect on your brain's functions.
Regards,
aviator
The following 1 user Likes aviator's post:
  • Wood
(09-05-2014, 08:43 PM)Aviator Wrote: Comparing weed to chocolate is really shocking and worrying, in my opinion.

As described by Walrus the Overlord:
The effects of it are immediately apparent. A rapid heart beat, disorientation, lack of physical coordination, depression.

These are only short-term issues.
I agree, chocolate can be bad for you - but if in moderation it is fine or if you're physically active it will have little affect on your health.

Smoking weed can and will become an addition. It isn't always taken in moderation. In fact, the smoke from weed is very much the same as tobacco smoke. It has carcinogens (cancer-causing substances).

"One major research study reported that a single cannabis joint could cause as much damage to the lungs as up to five regular cigarettes smoked one after another. Long-time joint smokers often suffer from bronchitis, an inflammation of the respiratory tract." [Excerpt from www.drugfreeworld.org]

I am seriously shocked at your comparison to chocolate, since chocolate doesn't contain thousands of toxic substances, carcinogens and a drug which alters your brains functions negatively like weed smoke does.

That is what makes me think smoking weed is bad. It is no different to smoking tobacco, except weed has a greater affect on your brain's functions.

The affects may be immediately apparent, but that's why it's a short term high. I don't think any farmer, not even Demeter herself could make a permanent high. If you have ever smoked weed you would know that you don't get "disorientated". What does that even mean? You can't tell your left from right? Occasionally you could stumble over your words or things become mute, but that's not the same as being disorientated. Depression is not a thing you get when you smoke weed. It's what could happen after you've smoked weed a lot and a lot and you don't feel as happy whilst sober as you do whilst you're high, thus making you feel sad that you're not high. Also, it doesn't just make you depressed. Some people have underlying symptoms of depression and weed can have a possibility of drawing them out. It's not like, **take a drag** "Oof, I hate my life".

Smoking weed will not become an addiction, the only addiction it could become would be that of a psychological nature, when one thinks it needs more, just as 'chocaholics' do. Just because some people don't smoke it in moderation, doesn't mean that everyone is smoking 20 blunts a day. Not everyone eats chocolate in moderation, that's why it makes people fat. How many fat people do you see a day eating chocolate? Anyhow, the smoke from weed is completely different from that of cigarettes, as it doesn't contain tar, acetone (in nail varnish), methanol (rocket fuel), carbon monoxide (a deadly gas), nicotine (the addictive bit, also used as incesticide). The list goes on and on as to what is in cigarettes, but in weed, there are vitamins, amino acids, sugars, simple alcohols, enzymes (lel) and THC.

If you can show me this research done, not just tell me from a quote that research has been done, because I could make a somewhat professional website RIGHT NOW and make a quote saying "Studies show that chewing food actually causes cancer." And I can guarantee that one person will fall for it. And your really gonna be biased enough to think that a website called drugfreeworld.org is going to post a legitimate study that can prove a thing against drugs?

If you think about it, yes, chocolate does. Lots of sugar, lots of fat, lots of preservatives, flavourings, colourings, salts, milk fat, wax, the list varies with different chocolates. Also, you know what else contains carcinogens? Face wash. Shampoo. Pop corn. Tomatoes. Processed meats. Salmon. Potato chips/crisps. Pickled, smoked, salted foods. Flour. Artificial sweeteners, e.g. Stevia, Candarel. Anything with "Diet" or "Fat free" in its name. Alcohol. Honestly, you're probably consuming loads of carcinogens a day, you just think weed is different because Bill O'Reilly said weed causes cancer. Weed has a very, VERY small chance of doing anything bad to your brain, unless you, as stated earlier, smoke 20 blunts a day.

In conclusion, most of your viewpoints are either spoon-fed media remarks, stereotypes, or just plain misreportings from biased people, and yes. Weed is a lot like chocolate, including the fact that it smells and tastes great.
Sig by Dex. Check it here!
Why in the hell is there an ongoing argument involving in depth analysis between the affects of chocolate and weed to your body? This is a thread to discuss what frustrated you, not WebMD investigations.

Somebody post an obligatory spiderman takeover meme or something please, I'm in the middle of the sticks on my phone.
The following 1 user Likes yarrrs's post:
  • Bowiii
weed is weed, stahp. ;-;
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
What Irritates Theo:
  • Religion (primarily Christianity)
  • Algebra
  • People that brag about smoking weed
  • People that brag about getting drunk
  • Drunk people
  • People that brag about having a girlfriend
  • People that look down on others that are less fortunate than them
  • Bad racist jokes
  • Most terrible comedians (I'm talking about you, Dane Cook)
  • Tristana in the game, League of Legends
  • Lee Sin in the game, League of Legends, when I pick Kha'Zix
  • Having decisions made for me when I don't have a say nor do I like what I'm going to have to do
  • My internet flipping out and crashing on me (I hate you, Charter Communications)
  • The rare moments when The Sims 3 crashes my HDD
  • My family forcing me to do things with them because it'll be "fun"
  • Reading
  • People that are 18+ and don't shut up about Pokemon
  • Pokemon fans
  • Girls that think they can get whatever they want out of me because they're a female that plays videogames
  • Most people that go to my school because almost everyone is as dumb as a sack of shit
  • People that want me to treat them better because they have some disability (I'm going to treat you the same as I do with everyone else)
  • People that treat others differently because they have some disability
  • White Knights (in some situations)
  • People who act extremely friendly to me when I have no idea who they are
  • People who say they're friends with me when I don't think they are
  • People who complain about my blunt/cynical personality
  • People who chew with their mouth open
  • People who smoke in public places
  • People who smoke when I'm close to them
  • Maybe just people in general
The following 6 users Like Theomenz's post:
  • Envy, Tandy, Giant Pony, Enzyme, Weecow, DarkN00b
(09-06-2014, 12:57 AM)Theomenz Wrote: What Irritates Theo:
  • Algebra
  • Drunk people
  • Bad racist jokes
  • Having decisions made for me when I don't have a say nor do I like what I'm going to have to do
  • My internet flipping out and crashing on me (I hate you, Charter Communications)
  • Reading
  • Pokemon fans
  • Girls that think they can get whatever they want out of me because they're a female that plays videogames
  • Most people that go to my school because almost everyone is as dumb as a sack of shit
  • People that want me to treat them better because they have some disability (I'm going to treat you the same as I do with everyone else)
If i put more time into my list it would be exactly this... glad to see alot of Fearless members are annoyed about religions. Hey, maybe Fearless is a retreat for.... normal people...
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
The following 1 user Likes Tandy's post:
  • Envy
(09-06-2014, 12:57 AM)Theomenz Wrote: What Irritates Theo:
  • Algebra
  • Drunk people
  • Bad racist jokes
  • Reading
  • Pokemon fans

Way to just copy and paste what I said. Like god
The following 1 user Likes Giant Pony's post:
  • HellShell
(09-06-2014, 12:24 AM)Jarz Wrote: Why in the hell is there an ongoing argument involving in depth analysis between the affects of chocolate and weed to your body? This is a thread to discuss what frustrated you, not WebMD investigations.

Somebody post an obligatory spiderman takeover meme or something please, I'm in the middle of the sticks on my phone.

Maybe because Cujo and myself were having a nice discussion about Weed, when another user posted about why it frustrates him. Don't act so shocked - just because it is rare to see any sort of discussion that isn't branded as a "flamewar" on these forums... (Thanks Cujo Smile )

And in reply to you, my research isn't "spoon-fed media remarks, stereotypes, or just plain misreportings from biased people" nor is it bias. It's based on what I know, what a lot of other's (including scientific research) and various internet sources which I can post, I referenced one in my post but I can list other sources too, if you want.

THC isn't necessarily good for one's brain. Weed is a drug, which people do become addicted to. I know of quite a few people in my school who are addicted to weed. If one misuses it or smokes regularly, that outcome is likely (obviously, weed does not appear to be as addictive as nicotine, heroin or cocaine etc).

Any smoke is bad for you, weed is no different. You're correct in that it doesn't contain tar or other things tobacco smoke contains, but it still has carcinogens, toxic substances and also a drug which changes the brain's functions and much of what I've already written.

(It is fun having this discussion with you!)
Regards,
aviator
Angry customers, daft customers, people who don't want help but need it, Art History, online lectures/courses, annoying children, annoying teenagers, annoying adults, parents, the admin team, people who are against change, people who try to explain something to me in a patronizing way, college homework, having to sell my car, trying to tow a boat on a stormy day after it ran out of gas/happened to be a sailboat without a motor, cleaning the submersible boat ramp with three feet of ocean life accumulated on the bottom (smells like death), people who come up to me asking for money and then later seeing them walk out of a store with a full cart of groceries, the number of problems we have with our new RBS-II at the moment, and having seven classes, five of which are college, one seamanship book, and one rescue diver manual.

I am losing my hair color at a young age.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”