Not able to RP very well.
I've always felt that being unable to use a mic prevents me from RPing.
I didn't know where to put this thread.
So what can we help you with?
The following 2 users Like HellShell's post:
  • Ivan Tempski, EuanJ97
It doesn't, I never use a mic either. You just need to get used to it.
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • EuanJ97
Not using a mic causes you to be better at RP in 95% of the situations.
The following 2 users Like DoomDude1's post:
  • aviator, Ozzie88
I never use a mic, and I never did, ever, but I can still roleplay fine. But I still sometimes think that using a mic in some cases is better than text chat.
i have self control
(08-30-2014, 02:34 PM)Pawenstedt Wrote: I never use a mic, and I never did, ever, but I can still roleplay fine. But I still sometimes think that using a mic in some cases is better than text chat.

Only if you're playing sounds.

Think about it this way. In-game you are talking to a shady police officer who served two tours in Afghanistan and has a soar throat from drinking too much whiskey. Suddenly, you hear the voice of a person in full-swing of puberty, aged 13. Not a lot of immersion, right?
The following 3 users Like DoomDude1's post:
  • Jan, aviator, Greed^
I've had a broken mic for 2 years of just over 2 years at Fearless. Text is far superior (in the majority of times) when you wish to role-play with someone.

Police Officers though, maybe not.

I also never administrated with my voice - always text. Everyone can do it with just text.
Regards,
aviator
I love using text.
You can put any voice to it.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
The following 1 user Likes ArcHammer's post:
  • Reefaz
Only use a mic when explaining shit to an admin. You can say more and faster than typing. Use text for RP. Much easier to buy or sell stuff. And you can use the '/me' and '/it' ofcourse.
I actually hate using a mic except for when I'm a police officer.