Let's Grow Some Food

Let's Grow Some Food!

[Image: plant_2_growing-555px.png]

What Is This Suggestion?

I believe that the Economy of Fearless needs something new. Some other alternative to growing Marijuana, spending countless hours using Contraband (Money Printers, Drug Labs) and even the lonesome act of Fishing. I believe we need to add Farming into the game.

How Would It Work?

Basically, there are two ways this can be done.

[#1]

First, skip to the 5 minute 20 second mark to understand.

This is the first possible way. Allowing users to purchase seeds would make sense and they could simply plant them in the ground and wait for them to grow. This could lead to Farming, and no the kind that will get your door blown down by a police team.

[#2]

There is another way that it could be done. Like growing Marijuana, it requires a seed and a pot. The same concept could go towards how farming would work. You would purchase and use the same exact pots, but would purchase plant seeds rather than "Marijuana seeds." Placing the seed into the Pot and waiting for it to grow.

Examples of things that could be grown by seed..

- Corn
- Wheat
- Barley
- Grapes
- Berries

Why is [#1] a better idea?

Well for starters, it is much more convenient to grow plants out on the ground rather than in a pot. It is more realistic too. The problem with utilizing the same pot's is that people may exploit this in order to plant more weed. Perhaps making a different pot would be the solution, but it is still not the right way. It could be scripted so you can only plant the seeds in dirt/grass, as far as i know. (Same method they use to prevent you from spawning a car in a certain area, they could make it so you cannot place seeds in buildings, on roads, etcetera).

What Models Would Be Used?

That is the tricky question. It would be up to our team of "Contributors," to work together to create a model pack for these. It would also require scripters to work together with the modelers to make this work.

A series of 4 growth stages, or whatever amount of stages is more convenient, would be made. Using the code from the "Weed plant" add-on, the code can be dissected and i believe it would not be that hard to simply replace the weed plant models with the plant models that would be made, and BAM! I think it would just be easier if the same model (Such as a small container) would be used to portray each food.

Overall, Why Is This A Good Idea?

Reason #1 - Adds new ways for players to make money

Reason #2 - Expands the Market

Reason #3 - Can lead to future expansions

Recipe Schematics for Cooks!

Opinions?
The following 1 user Likes Nevy's post:
  • KIE
I sort of like the idea but getting it to work can be a pain in the ass.

If you can plant seeds on grass or dirt then the city would like there is a zombie apocalypse going on. I'm not sure if I would +Support this, I need to get more convinced with texures and such.

Till now, +/-Support.
(08-26-2014, 11:41 AM)Mees120 Wrote: I sort of like the idea but getting it to work can be a pain in the ass.

If you can plant seeds on grass or dirt then the city would like there is a zombie apocalypse going on. I'm not sure if I would +Support this, I need to get more convinced with texures and such.

Till now, +/-Support.

Like i said in the suggestion, areas can be made off-limits (Unable to spawn a seed down). They can restrict the city in whole if they wanted.
Already suggested.
(08-26-2014, 05:58 PM)Bowie R. Wrote: Already suggested.

Thank you for your support.
But seriously, i do not think you need to point that out. You are not
a staff member and therefore it is not your responsibility to tell me if
this suggestion has been posted before or not. I searched for the topic and
found nothing that included the concept(s) that i presented in this suggestion
thread. So i suggest you provide me a link so i can better understand this other
"suggestion" that is similar to this one, which would be something more useful
than just saying that simple two worded statement.

Thanks!
+support, even though it has some downsides
It could be amazing. +Support

The idea to expand the amount of possible ways to earn/generate money is a good one.

However, in it's current stage, your suggestion has no risk or challenge factors involved. Having contraband and growing marijuana is risky, because contraband is always illegal and marijuana is illegal most of the time. On top of that, it invites raiders, keeps you on your toes about police and so on. Growing food would basically be a perfectly legal form of contraband or marijuana that you don't have to worry about being banned or raided (Although, thinking about it, I imagine if the system were to be implemented, we'd see rebels ransacking your farms in order to steal your crops).

My conclusion is that growing food should be severely nerfed or a certain challenge factor should be added.
I think there are several ways to go about this:
  1. Make the amount of yield from a single crop low, requiring you to keep replanting.
  2. Require a hefty amount of grown food materials to manufacture something that could actually be eaten.
  3. Require more time (perhaps also slightly randomize it) for each growth stage.
  4. Implement plant diseases, which would force you to keep checking on your crops.
  5. Enforce a limit of plants that you can be growing at any point in time.
  6. A combination of the above.
If this or some other form of challenge factor was to be introduced, then you have my +support. Of course, this might be quite difficult to code, but I suppose that depends on which of your suggested methods of plant growth is decided upon.
+support

however factors needing consideration:
-How long do they take to grow?
-There will always be a risk of minges taking your hard earned food, ESPECIALLY out in the open
-What percentage of hunger will each one satisfy?
-Like pots, if you DC, will they stay on??
-Will there be a limit to how many seeds you can grow?
-Will people start charging ridiculously overpriced foods as they do with fish?

Hehe I like causing trouble. Sorry Smile

(08-26-2014, 06:39 PM)Nevinator Wrote:
(08-26-2014, 05:58 PM)Bowie R. Wrote: Already suggested.

Thank you for your support.
But seriously, i do not think you need to point that out. You are not
a staff member and therefore it is not your responsibility to tell me if
this suggestion has been posted before or not. I searched for the topic and
found nothing that included the concept(s) that i presented in this suggestion
thread. So i suggest you provide me a link so i can better understand this other
"suggestion" that is similar to this one, which would be something more useful
than just saying that simple two worded statement.

Thanks!

Now you can start off by settling down. I did not mean to be rude but it all came down to that point at last( it occurs )
I was the person that was nice enough to inform you about that it's already suggested. Either way I'm a staff member or not you wouldn't had listened.

(08-26-2014, 09:09 AM)Viktor Wrote: I will comment later. Now fix your suggestion with the template.

( Which still isn't fixt )

Now here is the link to the slightly similar suggestion.
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php...ight=Crops

I haven't Negatively supported you, I haven't even wrote a negative comment before you start firing shots at me. Keep friendly and both sites will get what they want.
Thanks!