ubr
User has been warned for this post. Reason:
Not involved, warned.
None of those are the exact same situation. You knowingly abused a glitch to spawn banned props and then shared it with other players. I don't see another request in the list you provided similar to your case. And personally knowingly abusing a glitch and spreading it is much worse than anything you provided.
(08-30-2014, 01:26 PM)Fultzy Wrote: None of those are the exact same situation. You knowingly abused a glitch to spawn banned props and then shared it with other players. I don't see another request in the list you provided similar to your case. And personally knowingly abusing a glitch and spreading it is much worse than anything you provided.

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=26511
The person who carried out the exploit and proceeded to share the props never even received a ban.
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=39191
Shared it with multiple others, had no reason to do it, killed/attempted to kill with what I can only presume to be still explosive Mk82's, spawned hundreds of them.

I showed one person how to spawn an entirely inert AMRAAM prop to help them build. My experience with prior admins and a bit of common sense led me to believe that it would be acceptable since the prop was obviously blacklisted due to being explosive. Every other case I can find of spawning banned props was for 1 month or less(even no ban at all after openly admitting to carrying it out and sharing the spawned props in the ban appeal forum), regardless of whether or not they had any good reasoning to do so, and if they shared it or not.

And how is what I did deserving of a worse punishment than the massive list of bans of people who intentionally make no attempt to follow the rules after their bans reach the double digits, or those who deliberately attempt to disrupt the server with no intention of roleplaying? There are cases of people having attempted to crash the server receiving significantly shorter bans than what I'm getting for telling 1 person how to spawn a non explosive prop they required in their construction and spawning a shipping container myself.
(08-27-2014, 11:37 AM)ilmon3y Wrote: Not involved, warned.

I was present at the time the ban was applied, working with the user who created this thread. I witnessed relevant information to the case, so I believe to be involved. Our intention was to improve our buildings and to improve other peoples works as well. And back when we used a similar method in the presence of Beflok, he showed no concern and didn't believe it to be any trouble.

Funny how I wasn't issued a warning until I criticized the amount of time it took for an administrator's response.

Also, the correct procedure is not to delete the message, but to embolden the fact they're not involved at the bottom, as carried out earlier in this thread.

I'll paraphrase what Doomdude decided to remove from my comment:

I found it unprofessional to leave VallyTeacake's message showing the list of other bans with shorter punishments ignored for over 7 days. Only to receive a measly 2-lined response saying "those cases aren't the same", when they clearly are.
(09-01-2014, 06:37 PM)ilmon3y Wrote:
(08-27-2014, 11:37 AM)ilmon3y Wrote: Not involved, warned.

I was present at the time the ban was applied, working with the user who created this thread. I witnessed relevant information to the case, so I believe to be involved. Our intention was to improve our buildings and to improve other peoples works as well. And back when we used a similar method in the presence of Beflok, he showed no concern and didn't believe it to be any trouble.

Funny how I wasn't issued a warning until I criticized the amount of time it took for an administrator's response.

This is not the place for conspiracies. Take this to Off-Topic or something

Also, the correct procedure is not to delete the message, but to embolden the fact they're not involved at the bottom, as carried out earlier in this thread.

There's no stated way to do anything, and you are at no position to correct any administrator on how they will do their job. Don't post on an UBR if you want to bring up how admins are and are not supposed to do things

I'll paraphrase what Doomdude decided to remove from my comment:

I found it unprofessional to leave VallyTeacake's message showing the list of other bans with shorter punishments ignored for over 7 days. Only to receive a measly 2-lined response saying "those cases aren't the same", when they clearly are.

Don't compare other bans, as even if the ban-reason might be simular, the situation can be far from so.

I'll ask you to stop posting on this thread now if you have nothing else to bring to this case
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
(09-01-2014, 09:34 PM)Enzyme Wrote: Don't compare other bans, as even if the ban-reason might be simular, the situation can be far from so.

I'll ask you to stop posting on this thread now if you have nothing else to bring to this case
What makes my case worse than the cases I listed? Why am I getting a significantly longer punishment than all the people(including those that shared the exploits/blacklisted props)that did the same as me? http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=39191 is almost identical to mine, the only differences are the user shared the exploit with more people, had no reason to carry it out, attempted to kill using the spawned props, and spammed hundreds of them. Their case is worse in every way than mine, and yet it is treated with the exact same punishment as all the other cases I listed.
And why do I get worse treatment than those that deliberately try to harm the server, and make no attempt to follow the rules or have no intention of roleplaying?, if I had just joined the server for the first time and proceeded to mass prop kill or whatever, the chances are I would be receiving a shorter punishment than what I am currently getting for having attempted to help myself and 1 other person to improve our roleplay through use of props that are normally not allowed.
If you read the title of his unban request it says it was a permanent ban. I dont recall how long the perm was in place before that unban was approved, but once again that ban was almost a year ago and he fortunately received a break.

The issue mainly I am seeing here is I do not think you feel like what you did was bad.
(09-02-2014, 12:30 PM)Fultzy Wrote: If you read the title of his unban request it says it was a permanent ban. I dont recall how long the perm was in place before that unban was approved, but once again that ban was almost a year ago and he fortunately received a break.

The issue mainly I am seeing here is I do not think you feel like what you did was bad.

The unban request was created almost immediately after than ban going by bans with similar ID's, and like almost all the other cases, it was changed to a month within days.

I never said what I did wasn't wrong. But I don't see how it deserves a punishment 9x longer than everyone else that did it.
Lowered a little bit.